hello in light of the the experience with the 5 and then 5s came out would it be better.
    would it be better to wait till 6s
    09-13-2014 07:38 PM
    What device are you currently using? What can't you currently do that you could do with a 6?

6 to 6s will be incremental. New CPU probably and some refinement tweaks. If you got a 6 there would be no reason why you couldnt wait for the 7.
    09-13-2014 07:45 PM
    5s now
    09-13-2014 07:53 PM
    Unless you are a nerd like me, you can easily wait for the 6s. The 5s continues to be a very relevant device.
    09-13-2014 07:57 PM
    The iPhone 5S is a speedy device and will soon enjoy all of the benefits of iOS 8. Why don't you wait until iOS 8 is officially released, if you haven't been enjoying the betas, to decide if you should get the iPhone 6 or wait for next year's iPhone.
    09-13-2014 07:58 PM
    I'm hoping the 6s 4.7'' with get ois

Posted via iMore App
    09-13-2014 08:11 PM
    If you really want to use Apple Pay or have a need for a larger screen, I'd say stick with the 5s
    09-13-2014 10:27 PM
    Hello the iphone 6 looks nice but I don't understand the logic with apple. Why don't they have 2-3 gigs of ram like the android and windows phone. Why don't they use a quad core chip instead of a dual. The iphone 6 could of been a fantastic phone with these extra features but apple didn't do it.

I currently have the iPhone 4S and have not decided if I will buy an unlocked phone yet.
    09-13-2014 10:40 PM
    Hello the iphone 6 looks nice but I don't understand the logic with apple. Why don't they have 2-3 gigs of ram like the android and windows phone. Why don't they use a quad core chip instead of a dual. The iphone 6 could of been a fantastic phone with these extra features but apple didn't do it.

I currently have the iPhone 4S and have not decided if I will buy an unlocked phone yet.
    Oh you're one of those people who thinks specs mean something on a phone ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

And btw the iPhone 6 will still smoke most android flagships in everyday performance.
    09-13-2014 10:44 PM
    I'm an iphone / iPad user and have a lot of money in apple products and apps. It was just a simple question on why Apple doesn't offer what the other companies doing. Apple is just hungry for the money. They make a good product but it would be nice if they would listen to there customers more instead of them deciding what is best for us.

I plan to upgrade soon to a newer iphone. It might be a 6 or something else like the iPhone 5s if I get a good price.

We do not even no the Specs on the A8 chip. I will wait for reviews and the specs before I dish out close to $1000.00 for an unlocked phone.
    09-13-2014 10:53 PM
    There should be some reviews out Tuesday night or so. Some are better than others. I don't think we'll see much in terms of better performance ( vs the 5S).

My main interest would be seeing if the 6 Plus has more ram or better clock speed as the 6 could be the better performer.
    09-13-2014 11:29 PM
    I'm an iphone / iPad user and have a lot of money in apple products and apps. It was just a simple question on why Apple doesn't offer what the other companies doing. Apple is just hungry for the money. They make a good product but it would be nice if they would listen to there customers more instead of them deciding what is best for us.

I plan to upgrade soon to a newer iphone. It might be a 6 or something else like the iPhone 5s if I get a good price.

We do not even no the Specs on the A8 chip. I will wait for reviews and the specs before I dish out close to $1000.00 for an unlocked phone.
    So let me get a few things straight...

- Because Apple doesn't make the iPhone exactly how you, a singular consumer, would like it to be...they some how don't listen to their customers?
    - That you would like Apple to be like their competition?
    - That you feel Apple is just a money hungry company with no regard for customer input?

...I mean reading those things, do you understand why I'm laughing hysterically at your comments right now?

Apple not only listens implicitly to their customer base, but they care so much about their customers needs and wants, they maintain customer satisfaction ratings year in and year out at the top of the smart phone food chain...

Would it be better for me to get the iPhone 6 or wait for the 6S?-screen-shot-2014-09-14-1.19.45-am.png

...if you want to see a clear difference between Apple and a company who truly doesn't listen to their customer base, just look at Comcast, lol!
    09-14-2014 01:20 AM
    I'm going to wait. I did get a little itchy and preordered the iPhone 6 plus but then I came to my senses and cancelled the order. I was initially going to wait for the the next version and I think that it is better if I do. I really do need to get at least another year out of my 5S.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-14-2014 02:00 AM
    to be honest you are probly going to ask yourself the same question once the iPhone 6S comes out should you wait for the 7. Regardless which one you pick I don't see any dramatid difference between the regular iPhones and S series, They only get a little bit faster and maybe they might introduce some new colors.. that's just judging from the recent releases.
    09-14-2014 03:27 AM
    I presume if Apple enters the RAMS war, the price of the iPhones will go up too. I leave this to Apple to decide for me what is sufficient for the iOS to run efficiently
    09-14-2014 03:48 AM
    Don't live life with a "what it..." philosophy, you will end up doing nothing.

I say get the iPhone 6, it is a big enough jump up from the 5S that you'll notice the difference.

Yes the 6S will be better, but then the 7 will be better than that and the 7S better than the 7 still. Don't chase numbers, get what makes you happy NOW, not in a year...
    leslie haw and agarwal.apar like this.
    09-14-2014 03:54 AM
    The sensible thing to do is be on a two-year upgrade cycle. So don't upgrade if you have a 5s, do upgrade if you have a 4S or 5.

I'll see if I can resist the urge to get a 6 and hold out for the 6s.
    09-14-2014 07:58 AM
    Don't care about specs. I care about performance. Does the phone do what I want to do? Have I got support from the company? Does the phone take a picture that I can blow up and frame? Is my phone fast and without lag or sputtering? Are the apps I want available to me via the platform store and not some third party off shore dodgy app distributor? Are the apps smooth and trouble free?

Apple does this for me. I leave specs to people who use them to compensate for whatever other deficiencies they may suffer.

The iPhone 5s worked for me and the iPhone 6 is the next device. I won't wait, no need to.
    Spencerdl, boovish and elmacho like this.
    09-14-2014 08:12 AM
    If you can hold out until next year, you should. Those models will have greater upgrades from experience.
    calebt and elmacho like this.
    09-14-2014 09:21 AM
    I ordered the 6 even though my 5s still works fantastic for 2 reasons: 1) I get a new phone every year and then my old phone goes to my daughter and hers goes to my son. That way we get 3 years out of each phone. 2) Some features on iOS 8 are just going to be more enjoyable on a bigger screen, like quick reply and swype typing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-14-2014 09:35 AM
    I'm glad I could provide you will some free entertainment. I bought a used iPhone 5s last night for 1/4 the price of what an unlocked iphone 6 will cost me. If I decided I want a 6 or 6s later I will get one and give my current iphone to a friend or family member but I don't see that happening anytime soon

I would of loved a 4.7 inch screen but can't justify the cost at the moment. I mainly wanted a faster iphone and the 5s will do for me. Case closed. If I get an iphone 6 envy I'll go to the apple story and play what they have at the store. Case closed.
    09-14-2014 09:54 AM
    tlo07 hit it on the head I'm with t mobile and currently paying foe the 5s monthly the OS8 on the 5s will work but you will have to squeeze it on there. the cost of the 6 will be the same as the 5s. with their program you paid half of it off and you can get a new phone. that was what I was thinking
    09-14-2014 11:55 AM
    tlo07 hit it on the head I'm with t mobile and currently paying foe the 5s monthly the OS8 on the 5s will work but you will have to squeeze it on there. the cost of the 6 will be the same as the 5s. with their program you paid half of it off and you can get a new phone. that was what I was thinking
    I'm also with T-mobile. I don't have their jump plan but, I do use their payment plans. I paid off my iphone 5s a few months ago so I own the device and don't have to return it.

That being said it seems you're referring to the 4.7" Iphone 6 correct? If this is the case I personally would not upgrade. The difference between the Iphone 5s and the Iphone 6 seems more like a software bump. Yes it has better camera software, better processor, so on and so forth. But, once you get ios 8 on your Iphone 5s I think the only thing you'd notice is a slightly bigger screen. If that's important to you and that's a must have. Then upgrade. Try making a list of pros and cons. If you come up with more reasons to upgrade than not to then you answered your own question.

I personally just pulled the trigger on the Iphone 6 Plus 128gb model. I'm upgrading because the difference between a 4" and a 5.5" is going to be awesome when I'm reading manga. And the extra storage space will let me bring more movies or tv shows on my local storage on my next work trip.
    elmacho likes this.
    09-14-2014 01:13 PM
    I too am going to wait for the 6S. I have a couple upgrades and I could get the 5-now, but their is not enough change from 5s to 6 that I want to jump yet and get new cases etc. Plus not that excited about size change. Not worth the $100 it would cost me now with trade in....
    09-14-2014 03:47 PM
    Normally, I wait for the S model before I upgrade from the previous S model. This time though, there were enough improvements (awesome display, 128 gig, camera tweaks, and Apple Pay, among others), that I went for the 6 despite being only a year with the 5s. The carriers made it easy, as I only paid $58 tax up front, and my monthly bill remains nearly the same. How could I resist? When the 6s comes out in a year, I'll have to wait several months before I can upgrade again (or just pay off the 6), but I'd rather sit on the sidelines waiting with a 6 at that point than a 5s. I still love my 5s, and it will be a great backup phone/entertainment/work tool that is integrated with iOS and OS X on wifi for years to come, but I think the 6 is a game changer right now, and I want to go for the ride....
    09-14-2014 10:27 PM
41 12