Would it be better for me to get the iPhone 6 or wait for the 6S?

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I could provide you will some free entertainment. I bought a used iPhone 5s last night for 1/4 the price of what an unlocked iphone 6 will cost me. If I decided I want a 6 or 6s later I will get one and give my current iphone to a friend or family member but I don't see that happening anytime soon

I would of loved a 4.7 inch screen but can't justify the cost at the moment. I mainly wanted a faster iphone and the 5s will do for me. Case closed. If I get an iphone 6 envy I'll go to the apple story and play what they have at the store. Case closed.

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
tlo07 hit it on the head I'm with t mobile and currently paying foe the 5s monthly the OS8 on the 5s will work but you will have to squeeze it on there. the cost of the 6 will be the same as the 5s. with their program you paid half of it off and you can get a new phone. that was what I was thinking

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
tlo07 hit it on the head I'm with t mobile and currently paying foe the 5s monthly the OS8 on the 5s will work but you will have to squeeze it on there. the cost of the 6 will be the same as the 5s. with their program you paid half of it off and you can get a new phone. that was what I was thinking

I'm also with T-mobile. I don't have their jump plan but, I do use their payment plans. I paid off my iphone 5s a few months ago so I own the device and don't have to return it.

That being said it seems you're referring to the 4.7" Iphone 6 correct? If this is the case I personally would not upgrade. The difference between the Iphone 5s and the Iphone 6 seems more like a software bump. Yes it has better camera software, better processor, so on and so forth. But, once you get ios 8 on your Iphone 5s I think the only thing you'd notice is a slightly bigger screen. If that's important to you and that's a must have. Then upgrade. Try making a list of pros and cons. If you come up with more reasons to upgrade than not to then you answered your own question.

I personally just pulled the trigger on the Iphone 6 Plus 128gb model. I'm upgrading because the difference between a 4" and a 5.5" is going to be awesome when I'm reading manga. And the extra storage space will let me bring more movies or tv shows on my local storage on my next work trip. :biggrin:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I too am going to wait for the 6S. I have a couple upgrades and I could get the 5-now, but their is not enough change from 5s to 6 that I want to jump yet and get new cases etc. Plus not that excited about size change. Not worth the $100 it would cost me now with trade in....

Jim Krupnik

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Normally, I wait for the S model before I upgrade from the previous S model. This time though, there were enough improvements (awesome display, 128 gig, camera tweaks, and Apple Pay, among others), that I went for the 6 despite being only a year with the 5s. The carriers made it easy, as I only paid $58 tax up front, and my monthly bill remains nearly the same. How could I resist? When the 6s comes out in a year, I'll have to wait several months before I can upgrade again (or just pay off the 6), but I'd rather sit on the sidelines waiting with a 6 at that point than a 5s. I still love my 5s, and it will be a great backup phone/entertainment/work tool that is integrated with iOS and OS X on wifi for years to come, but I think the 6 is a game changer right now, and I want to go for the ride....

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I like to upgrade to the non S models, because I like not feeling left behind when th e new design comes around

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I said it's more sensible to be on a two-year upgrade cycle, but I think I'm going to break that rule and upgrade anyway.

Why? Because the 6 is growing on me, design-wise, and I can't stand being left out.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
There should be some reviews out Tuesday night or so. Some are better than others. I don't think we'll see much in terms of better performance ( vs the 5S).

My main interest would be seeing if the 6 Plus has more ram or better clock speed as the 6 could be the better performer.

There is a good probability that the 6 will outperform the 6 Plus because of more pixels that need to be pushed around....

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would wait for the 6s. The "s" series tend to have a new feature their predecessor doesn't.

iPhone 4
iPhone 4s = Siri
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s = Touch ID

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

sdrtm

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It depends if you want to spend the money on a new phone every year. I had the 4, then the iphone 5, and now will be getting the 6. But that's because I had 2 year contacts with each of them so it worked out better to wait for every other release. The 's' release is simply a slight internal upgrade. If you're willing to pay the money, I say go for it.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I've decided to buy my iPhone 6 from Verizon on their "Edge" program. I have to pay full price, which sucks...but it's broken down into 20-payments with no interest. At the end of a year, when I'm 60% paid out, they will take my 6 and let me upgrade to the "6s" or whatever. There are some downsides (the price & I have to give them my current iPhone 5...instead of getting a $200 refund) but it allows me to get a new phone every year instead of having to wait 12-more months since Verizon doesn't like to give early upgrades like AT&T used to. This works for me because I have a bad case of "phone ADD" and want something new every year. If that's not you, and you can hang onto what you have for 24-months, more power to you.

I don't know what carrier the OP uses, but seems like each one has a similar plan to buy whatever device you want.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I think apple will wait till the 6s before implementing the 'hey siri' command to work without being plugged in.

Having used a moto x for a while, that would be a killer feature

Posted via iMore App

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think apple will wait till the 6s before implementing the 'hey siri' command to work without being plugged in.

Having used a moto x for a while, that would be a killer feature

Posted via iMore App

That would be a killer feature. But will need more battery power for that.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk