Would it be better for me to get the iPhone 6 or wait for the 6S?

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
hello in light of the the experience with the 5 and then 5s came out would it be better.
would it be better to wait till 6s

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 or 6S

What device are you currently using? What can't you currently do that you could do with a 6?

6 to 6s will be incremental. New CPU probably and some refinement tweaks. If you got a 6 there would be no reason why you couldnt wait for the 7.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 or 6S

The iPhone 5S is a speedy device and will soon enjoy all of the benefits of iOS 8. Why don't you wait until iOS 8 is officially released, if you haven't been enjoying the betas, to decide if you should get the iPhone 6 or wait for next year's iPhone.

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello the iphone 6 looks nice but I don't understand the logic with apple. Why don't they have 2-3 gigs of ram like the android and windows phone. Why don't they use a quad core chip instead of a dual. The iphone 6 could of been a fantastic phone with these extra features but apple didn't do it.

I currently have the iPhone 4S and have not decided if I will buy an unlocked phone yet.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello the iphone 6 looks nice but I don't understand the logic with apple. Why don't they have 2-3 gigs of ram like the android and windows phone. Why don't they use a quad core chip instead of a dual. The iphone 6 could of been a fantastic phone with these extra features but apple didn't do it.

I currently have the iPhone 4S and have not decided if I will buy an unlocked phone yet.

Oh you're one of those people who thinks specs mean something on a phone 😂😂😂😂

And btw the iPhone 6 will still smoke most android flagships in everyday performance.

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm an iphone / iPad user and have a lot of money in apple products and apps. It was just a simple question on why Apple doesn't offer what the other companies doing. Apple is just hungry for the money. They make a good product but it would be nice if they would listen to there customers more instead of them deciding what is best for us.

I plan to upgrade soon to a newer iphone. It might be a 6 or something else like the iPhone 5s if I get a good price.

We do not even no the Specs on the A8 chip. I will wait for reviews and the specs before I dish out close to $1000.00 for an unlocked phone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There should be some reviews out Tuesday night or so. Some are better than others. I don't think we'll see much in terms of better performance ( vs the 5S).

My main interest would be seeing if the 6 Plus has more ram or better clock speed as the 6 could be the better performer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm an iphone / iPad user and have a lot of money in apple products and apps. It was just a simple question on why Apple doesn't offer what the other companies doing. Apple is just hungry for the money. They make a good product but it would be nice if they would listen to there customers more instead of them deciding what is best for us.

I plan to upgrade soon to a newer iphone. It might be a 6 or something else like the iPhone 5s if I get a good price.

We do not even no the Specs on the A8 chip. I will wait for reviews and the specs before I dish out close to $1000.00 for an unlocked phone.

So let me get a few things straight...

- Because Apple doesn't make the iPhone exactly how you, a singular consumer, would like it to be...they some how don't listen to their customers?
- That you would like Apple to be like their competition?
- That you feel Apple is just a money hungry company with no regard for customer input?

...I mean reading those things, do you understand why I'm laughing hysterically at your comments right now?

Apple not only listens implicitly to their customer base, but they care so much about their customers needs and wants, they maintain customer satisfaction ratings year in and year out at the top of the smart phone food chain...

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 1.19.45 AM.png

...if you want to see a clear difference between Apple and a company who truly doesn't listen to their customer base, just look at Comcast, lol!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to wait. I did get a little itchy and preordered the iPhone 6 plus but then I came to my senses and cancelled the order. I was initially going to wait for the the next version and I think that it is better if I do. I really do need to get at least another year out of my 5S.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
to be honest you are probly going to ask yourself the same question once the iPhone 6S comes out should you wait for the 7. Regardless which one you pick I don't see any dramatid difference between the regular iPhones and S series, They only get a little bit faster and maybe they might introduce some new colors.. that's just judging from the recent releases.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I presume if Apple enters the RAMS war, the price of the iPhones will go up too. I leave this to Apple to decide for me what is sufficient for the iOS to run efficiently

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't live life with a "what it..." philosophy, you will end up doing nothing.

I say get the iPhone 6, it is a big enough jump up from the 5S that you'll notice the difference.

Yes the 6S will be better, but then the 7 will be better than that and the 7S better than the 7 still. Don't chase numbers, get what makes you happy NOW, not in a year...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The sensible thing to do is be on a two-year upgrade cycle. So don't upgrade if you have a 5s, do upgrade if you have a 4S or 5.

I'll see if I can resist the urge to get a 6 and hold out for the 6s.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't care about specs. I care about performance. Does the phone do what I want to do? Have I got support from the company? Does the phone take a picture that I can blow up and frame? Is my phone fast and without lag or sputtering? Are the apps I want available to me via the platform store and not some third party off shore dodgy app distributor? Are the apps smooth and trouble free?

Apple does this for me. I leave specs to people who use them to compensate for whatever other deficiencies they may suffer.

The iPhone 5s worked for me and the iPhone 6 is the next device. I won't wait, no need to.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 6 even though my 5s still works fantastic for 2 reasons: 1) I get a new phone every year and then my old phone goes to my daughter and hers goes to my son. That way we get 3 years out of each phone. 2) Some features on iOS 8 are just going to be more enjoyable on a bigger screen, like quick reply and swype typing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR