I like to upgrade to the non S models, because I like not feeling left behind when th e new design comes around
    09-15-2014 06:49 AM
    Wait for the 7s
    09-15-2014 07:28 AM
    Do you have the same dilemma when you have iPhone 4/5 before and waited for 4s/5s to come out?
    09-15-2014 10:35 AM
    I said it's more sensible to be on a two-year upgrade cycle, but I think I'm going to break that rule and upgrade anyway.

Why? Because the 6 is growing on me, design-wise, and I can't stand being left out.
    09-15-2014 10:51 AM
    There should be some reviews out Tuesday night or so. Some are better than others. I don't think we'll see much in terms of better performance ( vs the 5S).

My main interest would be seeing if the 6 Plus has more ram or better clock speed as the 6 could be the better performer.
    There is a good probability that the 6 will outperform the 6 Plus because of more pixels that need to be pushed around....
    09-15-2014 02:58 PM
    I would wait for the 6s. The "s" series tend to have a new feature their predecessor doesn't.

iPhone 4
    iPhone 4s = Siri
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5s = Touch ID

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 01:46 AM
    It depends if you want to spend the money on a new phone every year. I had the 4, then the iphone 5, and now will be getting the 6. But that's because I had 2 year contacts with each of them so it worked out better to wait for every other release. The 's' release is simply a slight internal upgrade. If you're willing to pay the money, I say go for it.
    09-16-2014 02:40 AM
    YOLO, just get a 6 and stop worrying/debating.
    09-16-2014 08:31 AM
    Do whatever works and makes sense for you. Good luck.
    09-16-2014 08:34 AM
    YOLO, just get a 6 and stop worrying/debating.
    This makes sense.
    09-16-2014 10:52 AM
    I've decided to buy my iPhone 6 from Verizon on their "Edge" program. I have to pay full price, which sucks...but it's broken down into 20-payments with no interest. At the end of a year, when I'm 60% paid out, they will take my 6 and let me upgrade to the "6s" or whatever. There are some downsides (the price & I have to give them my current iPhone 5...instead of getting a $200 refund) but it allows me to get a new phone every year instead of having to wait 12-more months since Verizon doesn't like to give early upgrades like AT&T used to. This works for me because I have a bad case of "phone ADD" and want something new every year. If that's not you, and you can hang onto what you have for 24-months, more power to you.

I don't know what carrier the OP uses, but seems like each one has a similar plan to buy whatever device you want.
    09-16-2014 11:17 AM
    I think apple will wait till the 6s before implementing the 'hey siri' command to work without being plugged in.

Having used a moto x for a while, that would be a killer feature

Posted via iMore App
    09-17-2014 01:09 PM
    I think apple will wait till the 6s before implementing the 'hey siri' command to work without being plugged in.

Having used a moto x for a while, that would be a killer feature

Posted via iMore App
    That would be a killer feature. But will need more battery power for that.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 01:38 PM
    The phone's not even out yet and you're already talking about the next model?
    Just get the 6, and enjoy life.
    09-17-2014 01:48 PM
    Depends how they do it. The moto x had a seperate processor for the hot word recognition

Posted via iMore App
    09-17-2014 02:06 PM
    Heres how I look at it It seems by what apple has done in the past that the S models are just models that they add features incrementally but the 5-6 was a major upgrade. Example the 5s was basically a 5 with a finger print scanner added and a new 64bit chip along side a gold model but due to cases covering the gold it wasn't worth it to me unless the case was clear on the back. To me anyways there was more added for sure but not in a way that it radically changed my mind to trade in my 5 for a 5s now the 6 is a big upgrade with a larger screen and better battery life and processor so yes in my opinion I would upgrade to the 6 because the 6s is not going to be to much different or at least if apple sticks with what they did going from the 5-5s then the 6s will have a new feature added but look the same and or minor updates if that. Only thing you have to consider is the 4.7 inch or the 5.5 inch iPhone when looking at the iPhone 6. I like both and if you shop around like I did then you may find a good trade in deal where you can get the iPhone 6 for almost if not free due to deals. I know some places are doing trade in deals at least Verizon is Don't know if you have Verizon or not but they are so ya keep in mind tho if you are going to pay outright you are going to pay a lot for a new iPhone 6 unless you are eligible for an upgrade. Best of luck to you on all your iPhone decisions hope I can help and be of some assistance.
    09-23-2014 06:43 PM
41 12