Ordered mine! Thread

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Was finally able to get my order in. I went for the 6, space gray, 64GB. The expected delivery date is the 20th, not bad considering what I went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I gave up trying to deal with the buying it in full thing because ATT told me that they still wouldn't unlock my 5S til my contract was up unless I upgraded. So I did the early-upgrade (which was a $200 discount) but next year Ill get my full upgrade again (aka new customer price), and now can get my 5S unlocked to sell or whatever. That was the only way they'd unlock the 5S.

I finished the transaction for instore pickup, left work, and right before getting on the highway totalled my car. Someone decided he didn't want to get on the highway afterall and JUST STOPPED IN THE INTERSECTION.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I gave up trying to deal with the buying it in full thing because ATT told me that they still wouldn't unlock my 5S til my contract was up unless I upgraded. So I did the early-upgrade (which was a $200 discount) but next year Ill get my full upgrade again (aka new customer price), and now can get my 5S unlocked to sell or whatever. That was the only way they'd unlock the 5S.

I finished the transaction for instore pickup, left work, and right before getting on the highway totalled my car. Someone decided he didn't want to get on the highway afterall and JUST STOPPED IN THE INTERSECTION.

Sorry about your car, I hope you're ok.

unstoppablekem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry about that. :'(

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I walked away ok, I am going to hope that everything goes smoothly and all gets handled. I am ticked off, and keep replaying it in my head, how could I have done it better.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was always very undecided and at first I told the TMo Rep to order the 6+ for me but in a split second went with my first mind (getting the 6). I always have to have the best of technology and OIS is something extremely important to me because I WANTED that feature on the next phone but the 6+ is just too big. Maybe I'll change my mind again next Friday when I see a display.

T-Mobile iPhone 6, 64GB, space grey (first I wanted gold but the sharp black screen kept drawing me in!)

Ro??? Is that you?!?!?!?:rotfl:

That is E X A C T L Y the conversation my friend and I had yesterday. It was the final realisation that having "the best" which is arguably the iPhone 6+ is not what is *best for Lil.* I have tiny hands (I'm 4'11!) *and* I put my phones in my pocket all the time when I leave my desk to go to any meeting or to the cafeteria for lunch or coffee. I'd spent the day trying to use my Lumia 1520 as my daily driver and it was just too big. By the time I put an Otterbox on the device (that's non negotiable) it will be the same size as the Lumia. That's a great device as a side device but I find it too large as a daily driver.

So....the best for me is the iPhone 6 and I got an iPhone 6, 128G, in gold. I got it from the Apple Store at 3:00 p.m. and it will be delivered 9/19.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well.... I wanted the 64g space gray one. Went to Best Buy to order it & they were sold out. So I was forced to get the 128g space gray one with AT&T. Will be there when I get off work on Friday!! I think I feel a cough coming on....
Unfortunately they won't preorder the iPhone Plus.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Just look on apple online store and crazy that you can STILL get a 6 (not every single model) for 9/19 delivery... So either the supply of the 6 is WAY higher, or the supply of the 6+ is WAY lower.... or simply the demand for the 6+ is WAAAAAY bigger.... Which I guess shouldn't really be surprising... half the existing iPhone owners are probably going +... and there's all the people that were just waiting for a 5.5" iPhone before ditching Android...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple's statement they broke records. I think that the demand was higher than they anticipated or could meet. Weren't there rumours of iPhone 6+ production challenges?

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Weren't there rumours of iPhone 6+ production challenges?

I think I had heard that too either from imore or macbreak weekly... in any case, it's possible, but who knows for sure. The Plus is probably more challenging to produce (I bet there's a higher scrap rate for the 401 ppi screen) than the 4.7 6.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I have ordered mine on rogers network. It took me a little over an hour to reserve it. Getting a space gray iPhone 6 16gb. Not a big fan of big phones but it's time for an upgrade coming from a iPhone 5

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what it is about a new iPhone but it makes me want to do stupid things. I had said numerous times that I wasn't going to get this years iPhone and that I needed to stick with my 5S for at least another year. And then the announcement came and my common sense went out the window. Apple Pay and the bigger screen started to call me and I preordered. This morning I woke up and looked at my 5S and said to myself "what are you doing?" I cancelled the preorder and all day long I felt like I was going to miss out on something. Again, I don't need the new iPhone. I have a 5S in pristine condition that does everything I want it to do and I have an iPad Air that I love. Yet still, I want the iPhone 6 plus so badly. Don't get it. Defies logic.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what it is about a new iPhone but it makes me want to do stupid things. I had said numerous times that I wasn't going to get this years iPhone and that I needed to stick with my 5S for at least another year. And then the announcement came and my common sense went out the window. Apple Pay and the bigger screen started to call me and I preordered. This morning I woke up and looked at my 5S and said to myself "what are you doing?" I cancelled the preorder and all day long I felt like I was going to miss out on something. Again, I don't need the new iPhone. I have a 5S in pristine condition that does everything I want it to do and I have an iPad Air that I love. Yet still, I want the iPhone 6 plus so badly. Don't get it. Defies logic.

Haha I hate that feeling of indecision. It happens to me every year, whether it be an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. I always want to buy it but I realize that I don't need it. Sometimes I give in though :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Haha I hate that feeling of indecision. It happens to me every year, whether it be an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. I always want to buy it but I realize that I don't need it. Sometimes I give in though :)

I'm trying to have some self control this year. It has been a lot more difficult than I thought. But I was proud of myself for canceling the preorder. The next task is when the phone is actually released and I'm able to go into the carrier store and play with it. I wonder if I would be able to withstand the urge then. I may just need to stay out of the store for a year.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to have some self control this year. It has been a lot more difficult than I thought. But I was proud of myself for canceling the preorder. The next task is when the phone is actually released and I'm able to go into the carrier store and play with it. I wonder if I would be able to withstand the urge then. I may just need to stay out of the store for a year.

Haha there is literally no way I could do that. Every time I see a phone display or see an Apple Store, I have to go in :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Haha there is literally no way I could do that. Every time I see a phone display or see an Apple Store, I have to go in :)

I'm the same way. It is going to be rough because I know when it is in my hands, I'm going to want to buy one. But I really shouldn't. Not this year.

Goldengriff

Aug 5, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my space gray iphone 6 64G Friday at 12:01 from Verizon and I already have a tracking number coming overnight via FedEx, they have it but they must hold it until Friday.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I myself have said to im staying out. I just got my 5s in may, I checked local stores where i live small town sadly not many options less I drive a hour or two. They all told me that they expect maybe 5-12 units each. Given fact I live in a town that has the only stores within a 2 hour radious north or south they expect to sell out right away. If i can get one in store i proably will sad thing is had buyer for my 5s 400 cash, Declined it because of all the negative news from stores about expect stock :(