I called best buy and they said they will not be doing online pre orders must be done in stores. So I called my store and they said they are not starting pre orders until 10am when the store opens tomorrow.
    09-11-2014 03:15 PM
    Best Buy has always done that.
    09-11-2014 03:23 PM
    Last year I preordered online for in store pickup at Best Buy and when I went to pick it up, they had sold it to somebody else, even though they had already charged my credit card for it.
    I was not a happy camper, so I went to the nearest Apple store about an hour and a half away and got it there.
    It was a much nicer experience buying from Apple.
    09-12-2014 04:44 AM
    I drove to my local store and stood in line to pre-order a 6 plus. When I got to the front of line the girl told me that the system isn't taking 6 plus pre-orders yet, and that they would give me a call based on my spot in line, when the system for the 6 plus goes live.....
    09-12-2014 11:08 AM
    Last year Apple did not do pre-orders for the iPhone 5S. But the morning of launch day (actually at midnight-ish), Best Buy did allow you to purchase online for next day (later that morning) in-store pickup. That may/may not be viable this year.
    09-12-2014 11:35 AM
    Last year I preordered online for in store pickup at Best Buy and when I went to pick it up, they had sold it to somebody else, even though they had already charged my credit card for it.
    I was not a happy camper, so I went to the nearest Apple store about an hour and a half away and got it there.
    It was a much nicer experience buying from Apple.
    You did not pre-order the device, you simply ordered it on release day for in store pick up (as Hank pointed out). Best Buy has historically not done online pre-orders and requires you to visit a store for pre-ordering purposes.
    09-12-2014 11:44 AM
    They were taking "6" pre orders, just not for the plus. Said "they didnt know when that system was going to go live. But it should be before launch day...."
    09-12-2014 11:49 AM
    They were taking "6" pre orders, just not for the plus. Said "they didnt know when that system was going to go live. But it should be before launch day...."
    In store...not online.
    09-12-2014 11:50 AM
    Sean is right. They don't really do preorders like the carriers and Apple. They just take your name and the device you want and out it on a list and call you when it's ready. Too many horror stories with them not getting many in stock or selling your device to someone else. I would never expect to preorder with anyone other than Apple and my carrier and get the device on release day.
    09-12-2014 11:56 AM
    In store...not online.
    Correct.

I was on Best Buy's official forum page and was told this by a Best Buy Rep:

"At this time, we will not be taking pre-orders for the iPhone 6 Plus. I do not expect that to change before launch. I apologize for any misinformation that the store gave to you."

"Assuming that inventory is available on launch date, select stores should have the iPhone 6 Plus for sale. "
    09-12-2014 12:25 PM
    Yep, showed up this morning to a store and was told the same thing. It blows because if I would have known that would have happened I would have just ordered at 2 am and been done with it. They had a pretty good deal going on the 6 at best buy and I've had good luck there last year so I tried again. Oh well.
    09-12-2014 01:00 PM