I want the FULL apple experience

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
With the pre-order shipping dates getting pushed back for 3-4 weeks, I bet finding the 6+ this year will be like last year trying to get a gold 5s last year haha

Yeah, I heard about that. Don't know what your crowds look like in Utah but here in DC, I can tell you it won't be pretty.........

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I heard about that. Don't know what your crowds look like in Utah but here in DC, I can tell you it won't be pretty.........

Crowds were large last year at my local store. Its grand opening was on the same day as the 5s launch, so it was PACKED. This year it should be toned down a lot from last year though, which is good.

Last edited:

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
There are no apple stores in the state of West Virginia. You would think there would be at the very least one in charleston but no. I'm jealous

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
We'll have compare lines?is Bethesda inside or out? Tysons depends on who is in charge of mall security that night. Technically they can make you wait outside after the mall closes at 9:30 and not let you in until 5am in the morning. But in some past years they've let people in in the middle of the night when the Sept weather was colder than normal.

Care to drive to Tysons rather than Bethesda?
Bethesda row is outside however there is another apple store in Montgomery Mall which is a few miles away. That one is indoors, maybe I'll switch it up. Tyson's would be nice but I work to close to Bethesda so it makes more sense for me. What's your game plan as far as time you expect to be there? Still trying to figure that out. Your thoughts?

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I live 10 minutes from Tysons and I took off work that day (Chantilly) so that why I go there. Last year I got there about 10 and I was first. This year I think it will be crazier but the earliest I can probably make it is 9-9:15 after my kids get to bed.

Yeah makes sense for you to go there. I agree with you, I think lines may be a little to a lot longer due to people wanting the 6+, I get off at 5, took off friday, and my plan is to be there at about 7. Got me a chair, blankey, books, tablet, snacks and water. I'm ready!! Stoked too if you couldn't tell.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I've done it for a few years in a row and it is lots of fun although my husband thinks I'm crazy and just humors me. Don't forget to bring an external battery charger if you have one. When you are at the front of the line you often get wifi from the Apple Store so you don't have to use your cell signal which is cool. People are usually really cool about holding your place in line for potty breaks too.

You just reminded me, need to get an external battery of some sort, thanks............I can't wait. Weather looks good to for thursday night, friday morning, partly cloudy and 58

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm in Ellicott City. Stood in line for iPhone 3G. Like others, I had a great time - it was a party. I went up to Towson (above Baltimore) simply because they have two AT&T stores in the mall as well so there was plenty of availability. Showed up at 6:00 a.m. and spent probably 4 hours in line. Glad I experienced it once. Not doing it again though - will give it a couple of weeks for reviews and hype to calm down some then order. Also switching to T-Mob (T-maybe?) because they're $80 cheaper a month that what I'm paying to VZW. Free wi-fi calling to boot so I no longer have to wonder if I'll get a good enough cell signal at the house.

You'll have plenty of stores to choose from. Never been to the one in Tyson's Corner but it's probably the nicest and newest?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Tysons store is actually the very oldest Apple Store. It and the one in San Francisco opened the same day (and that one is technically store #1 and Tysons store #2) but by virtue of being on the east coast it opened three hours early than the SanFran store.
I was there for that opening (Tysons). What a day :)

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm jealous! I waited in line overnight at the Bethesda Row store overnight last year. I didn't want to ask my husband to take of work again this year (we have little kids), so I just preordered this time. But I had a blast, and want to do it again!

The Bethesda Row store is a great place to wait in line. It's a good area, with lots of sidewalk traffic. It was fun answering the questions from people walking by thinking we were nuts. It got pretty chilly at night; be sure to come prepared! I wouldn't just bring a blanket; bring a hat, warm socks, gloves... ;)

I wouldn't go to Montgomery Mall. Unless it has changed from last year, the mall won't let people wait inside, and I think it would be boring and creepy to hang out in that parking garage.

Last year I got there around 9 and was about 7th (?) in line. I had wanted a gold 32 GB iPhone 5S, but wound up having to get the 64 GB instead. I don't think they even had any gold 32GB there.

Good luck! I hope you have a great time!

Laura

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm jealous! I waited in line overnight at the Bethesda Row store overnight last year. I didn't want to ask my husband to take of work again this year (we have little kids), so I just preordered this time. But I had a blast, and want to do it again!

The Bethesda Row store is a great place to wait in line. It's a good area, with lots of sidewalk traffic. It was fun answering the questions from people walking by thinking we were nuts. It got pretty chilly at night; be sure to come prepared! I wouldn't just bring a blanket; bring a hat, warm socks, gloves... ;)

I wouldn't go to Montgomery Mall. Unless it has changed from last year, the mall won't let people wait inside, and I think it would be boring and creepy to hang out in that parking garage.

Last year I got there around 9 and was about 7th (?) in line. I had wanted a gold 32 GB iPhone 5S, but wound up having to get the 64 GB instead. I don't think they even had any gold 32GB there.

Good luck! I hope you have a great time!

Laura
I'm really looking forward to the experience. Everyone has said it will be a blast. I will heed your advice and make sure I'm warm and bring what I need to last the night.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
The Tysons store is actually the very oldest Apple Store. It and the one in San Francisco opened the same day (and that one is technically store #1 and Tysons store #2) but by virtue of being on the east coast it opened three hours early than the SanFran store.

LMAO, thanks for the info. I know they've rebuilt a lot of Tyson's Corner lately. My closest one is Columbia Mall which is horrible - hate it. Towson is OK. The one I've enjoyed the most is Grand Central Station of all places. It's just wild looking down into the station from up there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR