I want the FULL apple experience

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
OK, don't know if this is a dumb question but I'm asking anyway. If you plan to wait in line like me but did not pre-order, is your chance of getting the device you want diminished due to pre-orders or does the store have a different inventory stockpile??

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK, don't know if this is a dumb question but I'm asking anyway. If you plan to wait in line like me but did not pre-order, is your chance of getting the device you want diminished due to pre-orders or does the store have a different inventory stockpile??

Typically (or historically), Apple has some phones for the non-pre-ordered crowd. The number will probably vary from location to location, but it’s a safe bet that they will have more stock than the carrier stores and big box stores. Of course, they also have the longest lines/biggest crowds.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Typically (or historically), Apple has some phones for the non-pre-ordered crowd. The number will probably vary from location to location, but it?s a safe bet that they will have more stock than the carrier stores and big box stores. Of course, they also have the longest lines/biggest crowds.
Okie dokie, that's what I figured but just wasn't sure. That makes sense. Now to formulate my game plan.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
So would it have been a good idea to pre-order and ship it to store to pick up on the first day, or just wait in line for like 12 hours? This is kind of gettig me thinking if I should've preordered and shipped it to store.

P.S.: I'm planning on being within the first 5 people in line, if that matters.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Typically (or historically), Apple has some phones for the non-pre-ordered crowd. The number will probably vary from location to location, but it?s a safe bet that they will have more stock than the carrier stores and big box stores. Of course, they also have the longest lines/biggest crowds.

If I didn't pre-order and am almost guaranteed to be in the top 5 of the line, do you think I'll still get the model I want?

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So would it have been a good idea to pre-order and ship it to store to pick up on the first day, or just wait in line for like 12 hours? This is kind of gettig me thinking if I should've preordered and shipped it to store.

P.S.: I'm planning on being within the first 5 people in line, if that matters.

I was thinking about doing that but honestly couldn't get on a computer due to work. My plan was to just get there on Thursday after work about 7pm ish and wait it out. I guess if you wanted to per order and have it shipped to the store that would have been smart to avoid the lines and waiting but again for me as this is my first apple device, I want the FULL apple experience.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about doing that but honestly couldn't get on a computer due to work. My plan was to just get there on Thursday after work about 7pm ish and wait it out. I guess if you wanted to per order and have it shipped to the store that would have been smart to avoid the lines and waiting but again for me as this is my first apple device, I want the FULL apple experience.

I really want to camp out as this is my first too. I'm just worried that with all the pre-ordering going on that all of the model I want are sold out before launch day. :/

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I really want to camp out as this is my first too. I'm just worried that with all the pre-ordering going on that all of the model I want are sold out before launch day. :/

Yeah, I believe or hope that Apple stores have a separate inventory for those who did not pre-order but are waiting to purchase day off. It will be first come, first serve but they should have the most inventory since it is the actual store. What model you looking for and where u at?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I believe or hope that Apple stores have a separate inventory for those who did not pre-order but are waiting to purchase day off. It will be first come, first serve but they should have the most inventory since it is the actual store. What model you looking for and where u at?

iPhone 6 Space Gray 64 GB T-Mobile at full retail price

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Oh and I'm in Utah

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I am camping for the first time here in Vancouver! I am looking foward to this new experience! And good luck with your Android to iOS experience, nice choice :)

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Cool! Hopefully we'll get the models we want! I'm planning on being first in line at my store, most likely in the top five, so I think I'll have a good shot at getting the model I want.
Yeah,I'm formulating a plan now. I just hope it all comes together. Should be a fun and unique experience. Lines are probably gonna be long for those who want the 6+

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah,I'm formulating a plan now. I just hope it all comes together. Should be a fun and unique experience. Lines are probably gonna be long for those who want the 6+

With the pre-order shipping dates getting pushed back for 3-4 weeks, I bet finding the 6+ this year will be like last year trying to get a gold 5s last year haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner