Typically (or historically), Apple has some phones for the non-pre-ordered crowd. The number will probably vary from location to location, but its a safe bet that they will have more stock than the carrier stores and big box stores. Of course, they also have the longest lines/biggest crowds.
    Okie dokie, that's what I figured but just wasn't sure. That makes sense. Now to formulate my game plan.
    09-12-2014 11:27 AM
    I just saw this article on the forums about getting a new phone at launch time. Perhaps theres still some useful info here:

http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-a...aunch-day.html
    Iamthat_dude likes this.
    09-12-2014 11:32 AM
    i will never camp out. Its not worth the time if you think about it
    09-12-2014 04:54 PM
    i will never camp out. Its not worth the time if you think about it
    How do yo figure??
    09-12-2014 10:01 PM
    So would it have been a good idea to pre-order and ship it to store to pick up on the first day, or just wait in line for like 12 hours? This is kind of gettig me thinking if I should've preordered and shipped it to store.

P.S.: I'm planning on being within the first 5 people in line, if that matters.
    09-12-2014 11:23 PM
    Well, I got the full Apple experience early this morning and I'm still sore.
    09-13-2014 12:08 AM
    Typically (or historically), Apple has some phones for the non-pre-ordered crowd. The number will probably vary from location to location, but its a safe bet that they will have more stock than the carrier stores and big box stores. Of course, they also have the longest lines/biggest crowds.
    If I didn't pre-order and am almost guaranteed to be in the top 5 of the line, do you think I'll still get the model I want?
    09-13-2014 12:24 AM
    So would it have been a good idea to pre-order and ship it to store to pick up on the first day, or just wait in line for like 12 hours? This is kind of gettig me thinking if I should've preordered and shipped it to store.

P.S.: I'm planning on being within the first 5 people in line, if that matters.
    I was thinking about doing that but honestly couldn't get on a computer due to work. My plan was to just get there on Thursday after work about 7pm ish and wait it out. I guess if you wanted to per order and have it shipped to the store that would have been smart to avoid the lines and waiting but again for me as this is my first apple device, I want the FULL apple experience.
    09-13-2014 12:44 AM
    I was thinking about doing that but honestly couldn't get on a computer due to work. My plan was to just get there on Thursday after work about 7pm ish and wait it out. I guess if you wanted to per order and have it shipped to the store that would have been smart to avoid the lines and waiting but again for me as this is my first apple device, I want the FULL apple experience.
    I really want to camp out as this is my first too. I'm just worried that with all the pre-ordering going on that all of the model I want are sold out before launch day. :/
    09-13-2014 12:46 AM
    I really want to camp out as this is my first too. I'm just worried that with all the pre-ordering going on that all of the model I want are sold out before launch day. :/
    Yeah, I believe or hope that Apple stores have a separate inventory for those who did not pre-order but are waiting to purchase day off. It will be first come, first serve but they should have the most inventory since it is the actual store. What model you looking for and where u at?
    09-13-2014 12:49 AM
    Yeah, I believe or hope that Apple stores have a separate inventory for those who did not pre-order but are waiting to purchase day off. It will be first come, first serve but they should have the most inventory since it is the actual store. What model you looking for and where u at?
    iPhone 6 Space Gray 64 GB T-Mobile at full retail price
    09-13-2014 12:50 AM
    Oh and I'm in Utah
    09-13-2014 12:51 AM
    Oh and I'm in Utah
    Nice, me iPhone 6, Silver, 64gig, T-Mobile as well, DC
    09-13-2014 12:53 AM
    Nice, me iPhone 6, Silver, 64gig, T-Mobile as well, DC
    Cool! Hopefully we'll get the models we want! I'm planning on being first in line at my store, most likely in the top five, so I think I'll have a good shot at getting the model I want.
    09-13-2014 12:55 AM
    I am camping for the first time here in Vancouver! I am looking foward to this new experience! And good luck with your Android to iOS experience, nice choice
    Iamthat_dude likes this.
    09-13-2014 12:56 AM
    Cool! Hopefully we'll get the models we want! I'm planning on being first in line at my store, most likely in the top five, so I think I'll have a good shot at getting the model I want.
    Yeah,I'm formulating a plan now. I just hope it all comes together. Should be a fun and unique experience. Lines are probably gonna be long for those who want the 6+
    09-13-2014 12:57 AM
    Yeah,I'm formulating a plan now. I just hope it all comes together. Should be a fun and unique experience. Lines are probably gonna be long for those who want the 6+
    With the pre-order shipping dates getting pushed back for 3-4 weeks, I bet finding the 6+ this year will be like last year trying to get a gold 5s last year haha
    09-13-2014 12:59 AM
    With the pre-order shipping dates getting pushed back for 3-4 weeks, I bet finding the 6+ this year will be like last year trying to get a gold 5s last year haha
    Yeah, I heard about that. Don't know what your crowds look like in Utah but here in DC, I can tell you it won't be pretty.........
    09-13-2014 01:01 AM
    Yeah, I heard about that. Don't know what your crowds look like in Utah but here in DC, I can tell you it won't be pretty.........
    Crowds were large last year at my local store. Its grand opening was on the same day as the 5s launch, so it was PACKED. This year it should be toned down a lot from last year though, which is good.
    Last edited by Apple_iOS; 09-13-2014 at 01:35 AM.
    09-13-2014 01:02 AM
    There are no apple stores in the state of West Virginia. You would think there would be at the very least one in charleston but no. I'm jealous
    09-13-2014 03:53 AM
    There are no apple stores in the state of West Virginia. You would think there would be at the very least one in charleston but no. I'm jealous
    That sucks
    09-13-2014 10:48 AM
    If I didn't pre-order and am almost guaranteed to be in the top 5 of the line, do you think I'll still get the model I want?
    Yes.
    09-13-2014 10:51 AM
    The inventory for pre-order and store at separate. Stores will have lots of stock. But it will still pay to be early in line to make sure you get the model you want.
    09-13-2014 10:53 AM
    I'll be at the Tysons store.
    09-13-2014 10:54 AM
    I'll be at the Tysons store.
    Awesome, I'll be at the Bethesda Row store.
    09-13-2014 12:15 PM
108 1234 ...