Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

cversion7

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just moments ago I was finally able to complete pre-order with Tmo. I have been trying all day. I can now rest easy and just wait impatiently for my package to arrive.

Carlton English

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how prevalent it is. Apple has a habit of bringing out great things that don't really get adopted (look at Passbook).

I like the idea behind it. From what I saw, it would be a very secure setup for the common hacks.

1) Stolen cards/numbers at the restaurant etc. No cards to make a copy of. One time number can't be used again elsewhere. But I'm wondering how they're planning on dealing with the actual payment. No way I'm giving up my iPhone 6+ to some waiter to take to the back room/drop.

2) Hacks that hit Target and Home Depot. By providing essentially a one time number for the charge, you don't have to worry about the number living on misc servers with questionable security practices. Even if the number gets out, it can't be used.

3) The main concern is Apple security. Being the single holder does leave Apple itself open to hacks. They get in a situation like Target/Home Depot was and get all their accounts stolen, it would be a major black eye.
Good points

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just checked my credit card i used for the iPhone 6. It was charged late last night. If I remember correctly Apple won't charge the credit card until it is about out the door. Can't wait.

clareberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon 6+ GB space gray will be here 9/19 it said. Must of gotten lucky! I placed my order around 3:05 am ET. Anyone else getting the 6+ delivered on 9/19?
Yup. Ordered at 2:04 CSDT from Verizon site. Just got my confirmation email overnight indicating 9/19 delivery. First time anything has gone right for me with Verizon.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
These are going to be HORRIBLY loooooong six days......

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you guys turn those shipping alerts on??? I'm on verizon and can't figure it out even though some people have them. It's not a big deal, just me being impatient as usual.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
OK I'm worried now. I didn't get that message yet.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

I actually got the same message sent to me twice now. Hoping Monday will come with a shipping date change a lot sooner then mid October

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't preorder and now apple says 7-10 days to ship. Anyone have any experience with doing an in store pickup on day of launch? I would use the app rather than stand in line all day.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't preorder and now apple says 7-10 days to ship. Anyone have any experience with doing an in store pickup on day of launch? I would use the app rather than stand in line all day.

You won't be able to order on launch day for in store pick up. If doesn't show for your apple store for in store pick up now won't on launch day. Will have to wait in line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73