Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

Natalya Fatkhiyev

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So I got an email saying apple has my iPhone reserved but I need to complete the order by tomorrow or my pre order will be canceled. So I log into apples site and now it's saying a already ordered a iPhone 6 16 GB using my AT&T upgrade. That's not what I pre ordered. I pre ordered a iPhone 6 plus 16GB gold. Now I can view the order due to this glitch and the apple phone lines are slammed. Great! This is the biggest fail for an iPhone launch I ever seen.

Same thing happened to me!!!! I just got frustrated and cancelled that order (for some reason viewing orders works from my phone not comp). Re-ordered so it would be shipped to me instead and got the processing email that still says 9/19 which I'm shocked since I placed the second order at 12:06.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So I think I know what happened! If remember from last night some people were getting messages in the apple store app about how it had already made a reservation for you. Well apple now had gotten that request.

I think I am okay as I never entered any payment information for that phone. But it a bit confusing, I am still on hold by the apple . But I just want to make sure I am still good for my in store pick up next week.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly the 4S is it 3G device so there is no Sim card needed for use. The Sim slot is only if you travel outside the US.

That's good to hear because for the life of me i cannot find where the heck the housing flew off to. Good thing i have a case on it so the SIM slot is covered.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Almost 1pm eastern and the Apple Store still shows pretty much all iphone 6 available for the 19th... I'm pretty suprised they haven't been pushed 3-4 weeks like the 6p

anon175469

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Almost 1pm eastern and the Apple Store still shows pretty much all iphone 6 available for the 19th... I'm pretty suprised they haven't been pushed 3-4 weeks like the 6p

Given that rumors of the 5.5" being delayed were floating around months ago, my guess is they have a LOT more supply of the 6 than the 6+. Fine by me, allowed me to redo my order this morning and still have delivery on the 19th. :)

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered 2 iPhone 6s last night from Apple. I haven't received a second email from them yet. Should I be concerned? I checked my credit card statement and both of them show as pending so it looks like it went through fine.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me!!!! I just got frustrated and cancelled that order (for some reason viewing orders works from my phone not comp). Re-ordered so it would be shipped to me instead and got the processing email that still says 9/19 which I'm shocked since I placed the second order at 12:06.

Yea if you tried to order via the Apple Store app or iPhones or iPads you might have gotten a random message saying they already reserved one for you. Thanks what that email was for. But I ultimately got through and got a iPhone 6 Plus and got a real confirmation number so the other reservations that they automatically made is unneeded.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still debating whether to get the 6 or the 6+. This morning I pulled the BlackBerry Z30 out of the draw and was comparing its dimensions against those of the 6+ - primarily because I've always felt the Z30 is actually a touch on the "too big" side. From what I've read, the 6+ is even bigger (and about the same weight) which makes me a little hesitant. Currently leaning towards the space gray 6.

Am pretty excited about this buy actually. The screen size has always been the thing holding me back from swapping over to the iPhone as my daily driver (have to date been using the Nexus 5).

I have the Z30 and also feel that the device is a little too big...that's why I went for the 64gig Space Gray 6.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site

I hope this is true. My order went thru finally at 6am and it said delivery in Oct 13. I hope that will change to the 9/19th.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Got my AT&T order in last night after an hour of trying and received a confirmation email this morning saying it would arrive on or around the 19th. Now when I check the online order status for AT&T it has changed from pending to preparing to ship, but with an estimated ship date of 9/23 - 10/2...very frustrating. Hopefully I'll still get it on the 19th, especially since they are now showing in stock on the apple store again.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Question: is the back of the phone the same or similar metal/aluminum to the 5S? (Obviously without the glass) trying to decide on a case or not and my 5S aluminum held up really well without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So if I have a real confirmation email and number from apple I should be okay right? I tried checking my order status on the apple website but it giving me error messages saying they have no record of the order or I get an error message saying the web service is not available. I choose in store pick up but I did have to still enter my credit card info. I ask because I been on hold for almost an hour now with apple's phone line.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So if I have a real confirmation email and number from apple I should be okay right? I tried checking my order status on the apple website but it giving me error messages saying they have no record of the order or I get an error message saying the web service is not available. I choose in store pick up but I did have to still enter my credit card info. I ask because I been on hold for almost an hour now with apple's phone line.

The "orders" section in the ios store app shows some kind of error but when I go to the website I can see the two orders I placed this morning... Hope you figure it out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal