It never asked me anything like that. I still have a 4S and i don't think i have a SIM card in there. maybe i'm supposed to check the box that asks if i'm going to use the phone internationally, maybe that will give me a SIM card
    I may be wrong but I believe there are different Sim cards for international and domestic users. I wouldn't worry about it too much the card will be in the phone.
    09-12-2014 10:51 AM
    I ordered two phones (6/64 & 6+/128) via AT&T at 0330 EST after waiting for broken websites for 30 minutes. Now I get a confirmation email for one (6/64) saying it will ship in 7-14 days, and the other (6+/128) listed as being "reserved" with an explanation that phones are delivered on a first come, first serve basis. What a joke. They had better get their crap together on this or I am going to lose it.
    Last edited by congressdj; 09-12-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    09-12-2014 10:53 AM
    WTH. I completed my order at 3:11am Eastern and got an email with order number about 5 mins after that. Expected shipping date is showing 9/23 - 10/2. Hope that isn't correct. Not as bad as others on here but I want it on 9/19 lol.
    09-12-2014 10:56 AM
    WTH. I completed my order at 3:11am Eastern and got an email with order number about 5 mins after that. Expected shipping date is showing 9/23 - 10/2. Hope that isn't correct. Not as bad as others on here but I want it on 9/19 lol.
    Out of curiosity what model did you go with. I ordered a 6+ space gray 64 GB and my estimated ship date is the 19th.
    09-12-2014 11:01 AM
    Long story, but I had to select the "pick up" option. Will I be able to change that to a delivery once the order is processed?
    Doubtful. It probably depends on where you ordered the phone. Typically, what ever you choose at checkout is what you get.
    09-12-2014 11:05 AM
    Out of curiosity what model did you go with. I ordered a 6+ space gray 64 GB and my estimated ship date is the 19th.
    Silver 64Gb 6. Did it on AT&T.
    09-12-2014 11:07 AM
    I can't make up my mind. It's driving me nuts.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 11:09 AM
    I've heard that the Verizon site was working better than Apples.
    I heard the same thing. My problem with that is that VZW won’t sell me an AT&T phone on an AT&T contract.
    09-12-2014 11:11 AM
    Just break into my new phone with a paper clip?
    It'll come with a SIM card tray ejection tool. No need to use a barbaric paperclip.
    Not all iPhones come with the SIM tray ejection tool these days. If you don’t get the tool, yes, use a straightened paper clip.
    09-12-2014 11:15 AM
    I can't make up my mind. It's driving me nuts.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    Lauren Bacall, Audrey/Kate Hepburn and Bette Davis would be so saddened by this. They’d have already pulled the trigger.
    09-12-2014 11:18 AM
    AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!! I'm a dame, DAMMIT!!!!

*hyperventilates*. <thud>
    09-12-2014 11:20 AM
    That's odd because i swear in the checkout page it said SIM not included or something similar to that.
    That was some question about international use if I remember right - they would probably put a different kind of sim in it if you know you're going to use it internationally.

It will come with the proper sim in it. Your 4S likely has one as well, but it doesn't use it - unless you traveled overseas, then Verizon would activate it. But the sim in your 4S is useless for the 6.
    09-12-2014 11:22 AM
    I ordered two phones (6/64 & 6+/128) via AT&T at 0330 EST after waiting for broken websites for 30 minutes. Now I get a confirmation email for one (6/64) saying it will ship in 7-14 days, and the other (6+/128) listed as being "reserved" with an explanation that phones are delivered on a first come, first serve basis. What a joke. They had better get their crap together on this or I am going to lose it.
    You're going to loose it? It's frustrating sure but it is just a phone. I gave it a shot. Couldn't get in. Life goes on. Ill try again on launch day. Loose it... Lol
    09-12-2014 11:23 AM
    Not all iPhones come with the SIM tray ejection tool these days. If you dont get the tool, yes, use a straightened paper clip.
    I just used a paper clip to open my 4S to see if there was one in there. I was really jamming it in there and yanking, finally it flew out and now I lost the little housing the card fits in. Can I still use my phone without it? How do I reinstall the SIM if I find it?
    09-12-2014 11:23 AM
    If I trade in my iPhone 5 on Verizon's trade in program, will I have to pay my etf?
    09-12-2014 11:26 AM
    Verizon finally decided to work ship date is mid October
    Ya forget that I'll take my chances lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-12-2014 11:26 AM
    You're going to loose it? It's frustrating sure but it is just a phone. I gave it a shot. Couldn't get in. Life goes on. Ill try again on launch day. Loose it... Lol
    I'm not going to "loose" anything. I said lose it. There's a difference.

And yes, I'm frustrated. There is a reason I woke up at 0300 to buy these things - to avoid the extended delay in shipping. If my phones are delayed, it will drastically affect the price of the used 5S's I will be placing on eBay. There is a domino effect caused by my carrier not handling orders effectively. So yes, I will lose my normal cool and demand some kind of recompense.
    09-12-2014 11:45 AM
    What time did you order? I finally got through to the apple site, for a T-Mobile 6+ 64GB, just before 5:30 EST when it finally went live. I was given, and still have, an expected arrival of Oct. Seems to me from reading other forums that people who ordered the same model as myself WELL after I placed my order are getting theirs on 9/19. If that's true, I am so frickin frustrated since I got up at 2:45 for this cluster$&%!
    09-12-2014 11:47 AM
    Anyone that got this confirmation get a follow up email yet?

Dear Apple Customer,
    Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is:

We will email when were able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status.
    09-12-2014 11:56 AM

And yes, I'm frustrated. There is a reason I woke up at 0300 to buy these things - to avoid the extended delay in shipping. If my phones are delayed, it will drastically affect the price of the used 5S's I will be placing on eBay. There is a domino effect caused by my carrier not handling orders effectively. So yes, I will lose my normal cool and demand some kind of recompense.
    Completely agree with you! This is super frustrating. I'm actually trying to cancel my preorder, which says it won't ship until 10/31 - 11/11 (but is preparing for shipping???), so I can just try my luck locally. The online preorder was a royal waste for me.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-12-2014 12:04 PM
    What time did you order? I finally got through to the apple site, for a T-Mobile 6+ 64GB, just before 5:30 EST when it finally went live. I was given, and still have, an expected arrival of Oct. Seems to me from reading other forums that people who ordered the same model as myself WELL after I placed my order are getting theirs on 9/19. If that's true, I am so frickin frustrated since I got up at 2:45 for this cluster$&%!
    I got in a couple minutes before Verizon's launch and was able to order with no problems.
    09-12-2014 12:05 PM
    After 9 hours of refreshing tmobile's jump upgrade page it finally came back online, was able to preorder the 6+ gold 16 GB, according to the confirmation page it will ship out on the 19th and get here on the 22nd!
    09-12-2014 12:06 PM
    After 9 hours of refreshing tmobile's jump upgrade page it finally came back online, was able to preorder the 6+ gold 16 GB, according to the confirmation page it will ship out on the 19th and get here on the 22nd!
    Damn I'm still waiting on the confirmation email and getting more and more frustrated by the minute.
    09-12-2014 12:17 PM

Uh huh. Okay. I'm surprised you didn't LOSE it over my grammatical error. Take a Xanax.
    09-12-2014 12:18 PM
    I just used a paper clip to open my 4S to see if there was one in there. I was really jamming it in there and yanking, finally it flew out and now I lost the little housing the card fits in. Can I still use my phone without it? How do I reinstall the SIM if I find it?
    You can't you need that.
    09-12-2014 12:19 PM
1,719 ... 6263646566 ...