Waiting for iPhone 6/6+ pre-order pajama party!

anon175469

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the chipset/radio will finally allow simultaneous voice/data on Verizon (before VoLTE is turned on)? The iPhone is literally the only device on Verizon the past couple of years that can't do it b/c Apple, for better or worse, wouldn't add an antenna like most Android OEMs did.

Just curious... not a huge deal as VoLTE will be out soon.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to do in-store pickup this time also. I didn't think about going in afternoon. Great idea. They have to set one aside for you, right?

Yep, it's reserved under your name. My recollection is you get an e-mail with the time range to come pick it up (so don't miss it).

ZachSimone

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Since AppleCare+ just launched in Australia, I'm considering it for my iPhone 6. Does anyone have any experience with AppleCare, and is it worth it? I am usually very careful with my phones and have never had anything go seriously wrong, but accidents do happen...

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If I go with the in store pick up at Apple, will I have to wait on the line with the people that are there to buy the iPhone or will I be able to walk in and just pick it up?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Since AppleCare+ just launched in Australia, I'm considering it for my iPhone 6. Does anyone have any experience with AppleCare, and is it worth it? I am usually very careful with my phones and have never had anything go seriously wrong, but accidents do happen...

For my one hundred US dollars, yes.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
FYI, last year, the Apple website was crashing but the Apple Store app turned out to work very well. Be sure to try multiple channels.

Also, I think the 6+ is going to be short on stock. In fact, I think this is going to be the big story tomorrow. The 6+ had very few part leaks and I think it's going to be out of stock in minutes.

Finally, last year I selected free shipping on checkout and the phone arrived on launch day at about 11 AM (Chicago area). I would skip the expedited shipping. Just my opinion...

This is my worry as well about the 6+ however I think if there were serious issues with quantity they would delay launch like they did with the White iPhone several years back. Keeping my fingers crossed though

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My hands are pretty small, being that I am a petite person, so would you recommend the 6 instead of the 6 plus although the 6 plus does have a couple of factors better than the 6?

Really depends on you. If you have a current iPhone 4 or 5, the 6 will only be a little bigger. The 6+ will be a lot bigger. So it may be harder to hold and navigate on. You're going to look like you're holding a small paperback to your head when taking calls. But most of the small women I know of with large phones use bluetooth headsets and don't hold it to their heads. :) I probably would lean toward the regular 6, sight unseen, unless there was something I really wanted in the 6+ (like optical stabilization for taking lots of photos).

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
If I go with the in store pick up at Apple, will I have to wait on the line with the people that are there to buy the iPhone or will I be able to walk in and just pick it up?

For the iPhone 4 launch, they had 2 lines: one for preorders and one for everyone else. I read on iMore that they plan on 2 lines.

Jaker011

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Same for new consumers without a account?

If you want to start a new account, you have to do so when you are preordering. Because when you are creating a new account, you need to buy a device online. So place one in the cart and have your info ready to go:

Billing address, SSN, name, and then be ready to pick a number. Porting will be impossible to do and guarantee you a phone.

Unfortunately I think that's the only way to do it online. If that doesn't work you have to go in store next Friday. Find an AT&T in the middle of nowhere. They might be level 3, meaning very low stock, but less people.

anon175469

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
With regard to my last question about simultaneous voice/data... this is from Apple Insider:

"The new phones also support Wideband LTE (for faster data, up to 150Mb downloads), Voice over LTE (VoLTE, for high quality voice calls), simultaneous voice and data on LTE, and WiFi carrier calling on select carriers, currently TMobile in the U.S. and EE in the U.K. "

Just FYI