I want to do in-store pickup this time also. I didn't think about going in afternoon. Great idea. They have to set one aside for you, right?
    Yep, it's reserved under your name. My recollection is you get an e-mail with the time range to come pick it up (so don't miss it).
    Uri Kelman likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:23 AM
    Says I can do the pre order directly from the iPhone Apple Store app, hmm should I risk it or just use my faithful web browser?
    I've heard good feedback about doing that way.

Sent from my OnePlus One
    Space Gray or Silver?! I can't decide!
    Silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since AppleCare+ just launched in Australia, I'm considering it for my iPhone 6. Does anyone have any experience with AppleCare, and is it worth it? I am usually very careful with my phones and have never had anything go seriously wrong, but accidents do happen...
    Says I can do the pre order directly from the iPhone Apple Store app, hmm should I risk it or just use my faithful web browser?
    It's not gonna matter. One doesn't work, use the other.
    If I go with the in store pick up at Apple, will I have to wait on the line with the people that are there to buy the iPhone or will I be able to walk in and just pick it up?
    If I go with the in store pick up at Apple, will I have to wait on the line with the people that are there to buy the iPhone or will I be able to walk in and just pick it up?
    From my experience you can just walk in and pick it up.
    jake501 likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:24 AM
    Since AppleCare+ just launched in Australia, I'm considering it for my iPhone 6. Does anyone have any experience with AppleCare, and is it worth it? I am usually very careful with my phones and have never had anything go seriously wrong, but accidents do happen...
    For my one hundred US dollars, yes.
    09-12-2014 01:25 AM
    FYI, last year, the Apple website was crashing but the Apple Store app turned out to work very well. Be sure to try multiple channels.

Also, I think the 6+ is going to be short on stock. In fact, I think this is going to be the big story tomorrow. The 6+ had very few part leaks and I think it's going to be out of stock in minutes.

Finally, last year I selected free shipping on checkout and the phone arrived on launch day at about 11 AM (Chicago area). I would skip the expedited shipping. Just my opinion...
    This is my worry as well about the 6+ however I think if there were serious issues with quantity they would delay launch like they did with the White iPhone several years back. Keeping my fingers crossed though

There might two lines, wont it?
    jake501 likes this.
    My hands are pretty small, being that I am a petite person, so would you recommend the 6 instead of the 6 plus although the 6 plus does have a couple of factors better than the 6?
    Really depends on you. If you have a current iPhone 4 or 5, the 6 will only be a little bigger. The 6+ will be a lot bigger. So it may be harder to hold and navigate on. You're going to look like you're holding a small paperback to your head when taking calls. But most of the small women I know of with large phones use bluetooth headsets and don't hold it to their heads. I probably would lean toward the regular 6, sight unseen, unless there was something I really wanted in the 6+ (like optical stabilization for taking lots of photos).
    09-12-2014 01:26 AM
    1:25a on the east coast. Like an ultra nerd, I couldn't sleep.
    For the iPhone 4 launch, they had 2 lines: one for preorders and one for everyone else. I read on iMore that they plan on 2 lines.
    jake501 likes this.
    Same for new consumers without a account?
    If you want to start a new account, you have to do so when you are preordering. Because when you are creating a new account, you need to buy a device online. So place one in the cart and have your info ready to go:

Billing address, SSN, name, and then be ready to pick a number. Porting will be impossible to do and guarantee you a phone.

Unfortunately I think that's the only way to do it online. If that doesn't work you have to go in store next Friday. Find an AT&T in the middle of nowhere. They might be level 3, meaning very low stock, but less people.
    Silver

Am going gold
    With regard to my last question about simultaneous voice/data... this is from Apple Insider:

"The new phones also support Wideband LTE (for faster data, up to 150Mb downloads), Voice over LTE (VoLTE, for high quality voice calls), simultaneous voice and data on LTE, and WiFi carrier calling on select carriers, currently TMobile in the U.S. and EE in the U.K. "

Just FYI
    09-12-2014 01:27 AM
    I did this option with the iPhone4 and yes you had to wait on line like everyone else but we got inside the mall they split the line up and the in store pick up line moved much quicker than the other line.
    jake501 likes this.
    09-12-2014 01:27 AM
    Am going gold
    Another good choice.

09-12-2014 01:28 AM
    Anyone using this as an opportunity to switch carriers altogether?
    09-12-2014 01:28 AM
    So when you order online from the apple store, what type of info for your carrier (AT&T) do you need? Just account phone number and pin?
    09-12-2014 01:29 AM
    Space Gray or Silver?! I can't decide!
    As they say, once you go black you don't go back.

I had a white iPhone 3g. Looked cool, but got dirty/streaked up way fast. Got a black iPhone 4 and 5 and it hid it better, plus it's not as jarring seeing the dark screen with a white border when watching videos.
    09-12-2014 01:29 AM
    Taking a nap. Thanks for tweeting out a link to this thread Rene. I was seriously defeated thinking I couldn't get it without some crazy bill increase or hidden fees but the answer was right in your forum.

Thanks iMore.

*ALARMS SET*
    READY. SET. NAP.
    09-12-2014 01:30 AM
    Space grey, with a nice Spigen Neo hyrbid case. This guy is set.
    I have AppleCare on my Apple products. I haven't had to use it, but if I do I'll be glad I have it. So , yes IMO it's worth it for peace of mind.
    So when you order online, what type of info for your carrier (AT&T) do you need? Just account phone number and pin?
    Yes. It'll take you through the process. They make it so easy, a hardcore Android user can do it.
    Designed4Him and jake501 like this.
1,719 ... 89101112 ...