Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Since we are all keeping each other company and all over the place topic wise, I have a question. Has anyone heard anything more on if we, or when we, will get the new emojis?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'd love to come sleep at your house. My husband and I's compromise a/c and heat temp is about 74 (he'd like it even warmer, I'd love it below 70). And I try to sleep with a fan on and he comes to bed later than me and turns it off. Such is life?

I'd beat somebody for that. Run my air in the low 60's. Heat is another story. Burning wood lets the heat kind of go where it wants. Windows open for regulation. Lol.

Also, iOS 8 has been keeping me busy, but damn this new keyboard is hard to type accurately on.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Since we are all keeping each other company and all over the place topic wise, I have a question. Has anyone heard anything more on if we, or when we, will get the new emojis?

I remember new Emojis being mentioned in a iPhone 6 review. I'd assume they came with iOS 8, but if not then I guess the reviewer was wrong.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'd love to come sleep at your house. My husband and I's compromise a/c and heat temp is about 74 (he'd like it even warmer, I'd love it below 70). And I try to sleep with a fan on and he comes to bed later than me and turns it off. Such is life?

I make a lot of compromises with my boyfriend, but the thermostat is not one of them. I always keep the air on 68. I'm super hot natured but thankfully he loves sleeping with the fan on too, so that's not a struggle. I also freeze everyone in the car, but my friends and family are used to that now - but they still don't like it. :rolleyes:

I don't know how many total are in line because I haven't checked to see if/how far it stretches outside. I'm somewhere above 50th in line and I've been here since 9pm. The first person in line has been here since 11am apparently.

Wow, that's insane. I sure hope you get the one you want. Which is it that you want? I'm going for a 128GB Silver 6 Plus.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, that's not exciting. Although this little guy did pop up and I don't remember home at all . I'm excited because I love penguins.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Ah, hopefully you'll be okay.

The official emoji board approved new ones in the spring. But apparently they are just descriptions. It's up to each implementation to actually draw the artwork. So the same emoji looks different on iOS vs Android vs whatever.

Android emojis are the worst. They won't even show up on Twitter so I never use them.

I'm hoping for space gray ATT 64GB plus.

Gotcha. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
How about we play a silly game? Assuming you have iOS 8 and the predictive text on, make a sentence with using only its suggestions. Try to make it grammatically correct but take whatever words appear. I saw a sample of doing this on some site and the results were silly.

I'm not sure how much you can get it to be able too.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
How about we play a silly game? Assuming you have iOS 8 and the predictive text on, make a sentence with using only its suggestions. Try to make it grammatically correct but take whatever words appear. I saw a sample of doing this on some site and the results were silly.
Will this work for me, I'm still using an android device???? I know, I know

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
After having finished off my beef jerky, I'm on to my walnuts and almonds snack. And another diet coke.

I'm thinking McDonald's for breakfast. I have at least a 30min drive to the store. I figure by the time I get around and some food, I should only have 2 1/2 hr wait until opening.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
That would be nice. You think some enterprising store in the food court would know this Apple event is happening and people were lining up and would stay open all night and deliver food to people waiting in line.

That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Side note: is tapatalk being incredibly slow for anyone else???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro