Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
With the in store pickup option I could have gone in anytime. I had gone by just to see what the line was like, and spur of the moment decided to get in line :). But I was like number 30 something though.

inoutside

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if once we recieve a Reservation Pass (or card) if we can leave and return at a much later time?
My plan is to get in line midnight, and once I recieve my pass, I'll leave and return at around 6:00PM to complete my transaction.
I have a conflicting schedule, but I also want to be able to get the phone I want on Friday.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Umm I am not sure. I want to say that they will only hold your phone for you if your in line and once you leave they might sell your reservation to someone else.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if once we recieve a Reservation Pass (or card) if we can leave and return at a much later time?
My plan is to get in line midnight, and once I recieve my pass, I'll leave and return at around 6:00PM to complete my transaction.
I have a conflicting schedule, but I also want to be able to get the phone I want on Friday.

Yes the new reservation system this year will send an email or text confirming your phone then you can come back whenever to pick up phone that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So... How early do people who preordered for pick up actually show up?

I am taking a half a day Friday from work so I am going to pick up my phone around 12pm (noon) EST Friday. Since I pre ordered for in store pick up, you are guaranteed a phone. So I don't think we'll have to be camped out like the non pre order people. But I would still get there as early as you can Friday just for the fun of being in line with fellow apple fans AND just to make sure Apple doesn't mistakenly sell your phone!

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My boss just told me I don't have to come in to work Friday. The project I was scheduled to work on was canceled!! ( I work at a television station). So I am free to go early Friday. Even though i pre orderd I want to be with the crowd Friday!

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I live in Vancouver and am wondering what time should I get there, we have 3 stores here. I wanted to go like 3 or 4 am on Friday, or get there at 10pm Thuraday, what do you guys think? I asked the Apple Store guy and he told me to come today (really??) and I just ignored him

crystaljewell

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I talked to the Mobil worker at Best Buy in Maryland. She explained to me that Best Buy never opened the iphone 6+ for preorders (only the 6). The plus will only be available for first come first serve customers, on Friday. She also said they WILL get pluses, they just don't know how many or what kinds. Do you think if I have a good chance if I camp at Best Buy? I'd like to avoid the craziness of the apple store and get the $125 GC that BB is offering for my 4s.

Advise?

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I preordered mine and it will be mailed to me but I may go geek out at the apple store on Friday. I may get coffee and just talk shop with the crowd, dunno.

I already got a chance to totally geek out with my microbiology professor (he got the space gray 6+ 64gb and I got the same phone in silver) and now it's a race to see who fulfills first, hahaha. His estimated delivery date is before mine BUT he's on AT&T and I've seen some stories about people's delivery dates have been pushed back so we'll see.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well the apple store employee isn't totally wrong they are expecting BIG crowds and if your looking for a 6+ then you will definitely need to be there early no later than Thursday night. There are already two people camped out a one of my local apple stores and probably more will come tomorrow (Wed) and definitely Thursday!

jordanemmet

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
The only Apple product launch I've waited in line for was the iPad Air. I went to Best Buy that morning around 6 and I was 6 or 7th in line- not bad at all. I've always preordered the new iPhone and had it shipped, but I wasn't able to get my preorder in this year. I'll be going to the local AT&T store to wait in line for 2 iPhone 6's bc they're giving a $200 credit for a phone as old as my wife's iPhone 4- cant get close to that on Craigslist... Anyone have experience with AT&T stores as far as how early to get there, available stock? thanks!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So what I really want to know is: When camping out or in line, do people actually try to find other imore members? That could be really fun.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
So what I really want to know is: When camping out or in line, do people actually try to find other imore members? That could be really fun.
I don't know about imore members but I will be making friends so we can help each other out with spot holding when its time for bathroom breaks, that's my biggest concern........ lol, where r u getting in line at??

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

That would be pretty cool if it happened. I know many of us will be connected from around the globe through here. It helps the time go by :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner