Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's my option 1: sell current iPhone 5, hope sale price will cover cost of etf. Get one of the new iPhones(haven't decided yet) and then where I'll be attending college, tmobile has coverage, and I'll get them to break me free of the iron grip of evil Verizon.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Here's my option 1: sell current iPhone 5, hope sale price will cover cost of etf. Get one of the new iPhones(haven't decided yet) and then where I'll be attending college, tmobile has coverage, and I'll get them to break me free of the iron grip of evil Verizon.

Sounds like a good option so far.........

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Option two: sell current iPhone 5, pay eft, and buy a new iPhone outright. The savings over time from not being on contract will add up, although I haven't done the numbers yet.

Iamthat_dude

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Option two: sell current iPhone 5, pay eft, and buy a new iPhone outright. The savings over time from not being on contract will add up, although I haven't done the numbers yet.

Yeah you gotta crunch the numbers to see what would be best. I can tell you tmobile paying off your ETF is big, just expect to wait about 6-8 weeks for them to do it. When they do pay it off, it's in the form of a debit card. So you might have to end up paying the ETF fee first but then you will get it back from tmo, it just takes them a while.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I did the numbers for a 2 year contract vs 2 years no contract and the no contract option saves me about $800-$1000, enough to upgrade iPhones every 2 years, though I hope to upgrade every year haha

Thetaman

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't really want to camp out, but not against waiting a few hours. I'm curious what lines are like from previous years at Verizon corp stores on launch? Anyone have experience vs the Apple store. Definitely not going there. I debated pre-order, but since I'm still undecided on size, I feel like I'm stuck going to store....and plus is back dated way to far now anyway.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't really want to camp out, but not against waiting a few hours. I'm curious what lines are like from previous years at Verizon corp stores on launch? Anyone have experience vs the Apple store. Definitely not going there. I debated pre-order, but since I'm still undecided on size, I feel like I'm stuck going to store....and plus is back dated way to far now anyway.

I'm in Atlanta and I waited in line at a Verizon store for the 5s. I didn't get there until around 4:30/5am and I was only 7th in line. (Store opened at 8am.) I will be doing the exact same thing for this release but will probably go a tad earlier just to be safe. It's not impossible to get a phone on release day without waiting forever or camping out. :)

PKup34

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have 'camped out' twice. I did the 4S launch, and the iPad 2 launch. The iPad 2 was strange though, 5 pm release date. The 4S launch in PA was great. I met a blind guy who was buying his first ever smart phone because that's when Siri was introduced. News trucks came around 5 am, and they interviewed a few of us in line. Apple employees gave us soft pretzels and water around 6 am, and there was a huge applause when the Starbucks next door opened. We all took turns using the bathroom and getting coffee.

The experience in line is awesome. I am almost as excited for it as I am the 6+. I'll be out there again next Thursday night/Friday morning, and I can't wait.

By the way, this is my first post, and I love reading the threads in this forum - you guys are great.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 'camped out' twice. I did the 4S launch, and the iPad 2 launch. The iPad 2 was strange though, 5 pm release date. The 4S launch in PA was great. I met a blind guy who was buying his first ever smart phone because that's when Siri was introduced. News trucks came around 5 am, and they interviewed a few of us in line. Apple employees gave us soft pretzels and water around 6 am, and there was a huge applause when the Starbucks next door opened. We all took turns using the bathroom and getting coffee.

The experience in line is awesome. I am almost as excited for it as I am the 6+. I'll be out there again next Thursday night/Friday morning, and I can't wait.

By the way, this is my first post, and I love reading the threads in this forum - you guys are great.

I'm the same! The line is a huge part of the excitement for me, and this will be my first launch :)

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah for sure! Hopefully I'll be first so I can share some pictures of how long the line gets from the first in line's point of view :)
I'm still exhausted from staying up so late.

I only do standing in line for video games. For my PS4 I paid when they took orders and picked it up at midnight. I don't have the stamina.

Mr_Freeze72

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up on the 19th, so I won't be camping out.

The only iphone launch that I camped out/ stood in line for a REALLY long time was for the iPhone 4. I arrived at my local apple store 5AM the day it launched ( without a pre order) and stood in line for like 12-13 hours. I didn't get my phone until like 5:30- 6pm. The line WAS HUGE. Both the pre order line and the non pre order lines covered up the entire second floor of the mall where my local Apple Store is located. Easily the most massive line I have ever seen/ been in for a product launch.

I did meet some cool people in line and by the end it felt like we all had known each other for YEARS lol. We had like a iphone family/ friendship in line lol. Some of whom I am still friends with today and so I lost contact with sadly.

Apple also fed us breakfast, lunch, AND dinner while waiting in line. Krispy Kreme and coffe in the morning, Pizza Hut for lunch, and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. We were also on all three of our local news casts, morning, noon, and night.

I was only 22 then and in college so I had the time to wait in long lines for hours lol. Now I am 26 and have to work on the 19th ( but getting off a bit early at noon) to pick up my iphone 6 plus in store. Can't wait!

Last edited:

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I preordered my iPhone 4 with a in store pick up but stood in line for it here in Tampa anyways what a cool experience that was. This time I have my pre order for my iPhone6 Plus 128gb set for in store pickup however in at the NY 5th Ave Store. Debating on whether I want to brave the line there or just go in and pick up my pre-order. I know the line there can be blocks long and there are already people in line from like the week before the announcement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2