Official Waiting In Line For The iPhone 6/6 Plus Thread!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm bringing this back from last year, the official waiting in line thread! Post past experiences, where you are going to be this year, and anything related to waiting in line, along with updates of how long the lines get overnight :)

Who here is camping out? :)

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
With preorder this year do you think a lot of people are going to wait in line? I think I will do it. Did it last year in Greensboro North Carolina. The weather is nice this time of year and its always fun to geek out with people in line.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
With preorder this year do you think a lot of people are going to wait in line? I think I will do it. Did it last year in Greensboro North Carolina. The weather is nice this time of year and its always fun to geek out with people in line.

I think we'll see lines this year too. I know I'm waiting in line instead of pre-ordering :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Over the years I have but I won't be this year. I have a career now and more responsibilities that prevent me from doing such events. I also have noticed that there does not seem to be a need anymore. I remember last year, there being plenty of stock (minus the gold color).

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I have but I won't be this year. I have a career now and more responsibilities that prevent me from doing such events. I also have noticed that there does not seem to be a need anymore. I remember last year, there being plenty of stock (minus the gold color).

What was your favorite launch you've been to?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If all goes as planned with the preorder, I'm going to bypass the physical stores. For one, I'm not about to risk my carrier store not having a 128GB version of the 6+

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If all goes as planned with the preorder, I'm going to bypass the physical stores. For one, I'm not about to risk my carrier store not having a 128GB version of the 6+

I'd definitely pre-order in that situation. Wouldn't want my stores to not have that model in stock :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though I miss my chance to be in a Samsung commercial, I'm going to for go standing in line this time. SMILE

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
What was your favorite launch you've been to?

The 4. Everyone was super excited and the design was so beautiful. Still is my favorite iPhone design to date. I started lining up at about 5 PM the evening before. Brought a single person tent with me. Others did too. People played games, listened to music and shared stories. It was a lot of fun really.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The 4. Everyone was super excited and the design was so beautiful. Still is my favorite iPhone design to date. I started lining up at about 5 PM the evening before. Brought a single person tent with me. Others did too. People played games, listened to music and shared stories. It was a lot of fun really.

That sounds awesome! I plan on 13-14 hours by myself at an outside location, so is a one-person tent a necessity, or is it just nice to have?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably wait for the Black Friday/holiday season sales. I have a hefty etf to pay because I just got my iPhone 5 a few months ago. It goes down $10/month, so the long the better for me :)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll probably wait for the Black Friday/holiday season sales. I have a hefty etf to pay because I just got my iPhone 5 a few months ago. It goes down $10/month, so the long the better for me :)

At least you'll have a while to consider what one you want. I'm have to decide quickly, because the launch is coming quick! :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
At least you'll have a while to consider what one you want. I'm have to decide quickly, because the launch is coming quick! :)

Yeah! I'm very torn between the two. If I wasn't going to college next year the choice would be easy: iPhone 6. But since I'm going to college, a smartphone/ tablet hybrid is perfect! And that way I won't have to replace my aging iPad mini first gen. THESE CHOICES ARE KILLING ME LOL

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
That sounds awesome! I plan on 13-14 hours by myself at an outside location, so is a one-person tent a necessity, or is it just nice to have?

I brought it not intending to use it, but around midnight others started calling it a night. Some went to sleep on their camping chairs, others in their sleeping bags. We were like rich homeless people lol. I ended up opening it up and called it a night too.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I brought it not intending to use it, but around midnight others started calling it a night. Some went to sleep on their camping chairs, others in their sleeping bags. We were like rich homeless people lol. I ended up opening it up and called it a night too.

Did anyone pull an all-nighter or did everyone just sleep? :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I don't know where you guys live, but I think we should have an iMore sleep out in front of an Apple Store the night before it's released! We can get MN to sponsor us

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site

Only a few. There was about 80 of us by midnight if I remember right. The one's that did not sleep from what I remember, were watching movies. One guy had that Xbox/PS3 briefcase with the LCD screen. I remember him playing that all night long.

Again that was my experience for the 4. I did the 4S and it was much more mellow, not a lot of people waited in line (I think 20). No tents that time around, people did bring camping chairs. It also didnt help that since it's Portland, it rained a lot that night. 4S launch sucked. I believe I got a cold from that launch!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't know where you guys live, but I think we should have an iMore sleep out in front of an Apple Store the night before it's released! We can get MN to sponsor us

TiPB has done that before. I don't remember which launch it was but it was back when Leanna and a few others were still around. They gave out T-shirts and such. I think it was in Canada.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices