I talked to the Mobil worker at Best Buy in Maryland. She explained to me that Best Buy never opened the iphone 6+ for preorders (only the 6). The plus will only be available for first come first serve customers, on Friday. She also said they WILL get pluses, they just don't know how many or what kinds. Do you think if I have a good chance if I camp at Best Buy? I'd like to avoid the craziness of the apple store and get the $125 GC that BB is offering for my 4s.

Advise?
    09-16-2014 07:59 PM
    I preordered mine and it will be mailed to me but I may go geek out at the apple store on Friday. I may get coffee and just talk shop with the crowd, dunno.

I already got a chance to totally geek out with my microbiology professor (he got the space gray 6+ 64gb and I got the same phone in silver) and now it's a race to see who fulfills first, hahaha. His estimated delivery date is before mine BUT he's on AT&T and I've seen some stories about people's delivery dates have been pushed back so we'll see.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2014 08:10 PM
    Well the apple store employee isn't totally wrong they are expecting BIG crowds and if your looking for a 6+ then you will definitely need to be there early no later than Thursday night. There are already two people camped out a one of my local apple stores and probably more will come tomorrow (Wed) and definitely Thursday!
    09-16-2014 08:30 PM
    The only Apple product launch I've waited in line for was the iPad Air. I went to Best Buy that morning around 6 and I was 6 or 7th in line- not bad at all. I've always preordered the new iPhone and had it shipped, but I wasn't able to get my preorder in this year. I'll be going to the local AT&T store to wait in line for 2 iPhone 6's bc they're giving a $200 credit for a phone as old as my wife's iPhone 4- cant get close to that on Craigslist... Anyone have experience with AT&T stores as far as how early to get there, available stock? thanks!
    09-17-2014 09:08 AM
    So what I really want to know is: When camping out or in line, do people actually try to find other imore members? That could be really fun.
    09-17-2014 03:30 PM
    So what I really want to know is: When camping out or in line, do people actually try to find other imore members? That could be really fun.
    I don't know about imore members but I will be making friends so we can help each other out with spot holding when its time for bathroom breaks, that's my biggest concern........ lol, where r u getting in line at??
    09-17-2014 03:59 PM
    I don't know about imore members but I will be making friends so we can help each other out with spot holding when its time for bathroom breaks, that's my biggest concern........ lol, where r u getting in line at??
    Santa Clara Valley Fair Mall in California.
    Iamthat_dude likes this.
    09-17-2014 04:09 PM
    That would be pretty cool if it happened. I know many of us will be connected from around the globe through here. It helps the time go by
    LadiJae and Iamthat_dude like this.
    09-17-2014 04:35 PM
    That would be pretty cool if it happened. I know many of us will be connected from around the globe through here. It helps the time go by
    imore mods or ambassadors should show up at Apple stores and set up a meeting point, lol.
    09-17-2014 04:41 PM
    Bethesda Row, Bethesda, Maryland
    09-17-2014 04:41 PM
    I just drove through Maryland on my way to DC last week for a conference I am still deciding between the Apple store on Michigan Ave in Chicago or in Naperville (suburb). Heading to one of them as soon as a buddy and I leave Wrigley Field after the Cubs game is over.
    09-17-2014 04:59 PM
    I just drove through Maryland on my way to DC last week for a conference I am still deciding between the Apple store on Michigan Ave in Chicago or in Naperville (suburb). Heading to one of them as soon as a buddy and I leave Wrigley Field after the Cubs game is over.
    Ball game at Wrigley and then a iPhone launch makes for an awesome game. What time you think you will get there? Not familiar with Chi-Town but which one u think will have the better crowds??
    09-17-2014 06:12 PM
    Ball game at Wrigley and then a iPhone launch makes for an awesome game. What time you think you will get there? Not familiar with Chi-Town but which one u think will have the better crowds??
    Well, if the game gets over at 10:00 or 10:30 we'd probably hit the Downtown store by 11 or 11:30. The Naperville store by 11:30 or 12:00 depending in traffic. I have no idea which to hit yet lol. I'm thinking maybe the suburb store. Last year was my first time in line and it was 5am at a Verizon store. I have no clue what I'm getting into lol.
    Iamthat_dude likes this.
    09-17-2014 06:26 PM
    Well, if the game gets over at 10:00 or 10:30 we'd probably hit the Downtown store by 11 or 11:30. The Naperville store by 11:30 or 12:00 depending in traffic. I have no idea which to hit yet lol. I'm thinking maybe the suburb store. Last year was my first time in line and it was 5am at a Verizon store. I have no clue what I'm getting into lol.
    Did you not get what you needed/wanted when you went to the Verizon store last year? Or are you switching to the apple store for another reason?
    09-17-2014 07:41 PM
    In 21 hours I will be camping out at the Apple Store Can't wait!
    09-17-2014 10:47 PM
    Camping out Midnight Friday @ Apple Store, Manhattan Beach.

Hoping to be at least one of the first 20.
    09-17-2014 10:59 PM
    So i have an iPhone 6+ 64gb coming in friday and my mom said I can use her upgrade also. Should I buy a gold 64gb iphone 6 and sell it. It would be available for friday delivery according to Verizon. Either way, should I do it?
    09-17-2014 11:01 PM
    I tried to pre-order, but AT&T dropped me a bunch of times, and then I gave up.

Now I'm thinking of waiting on line Friday morning. Anyone have experience with AT&T stores and lines in Austin, TX? Are some stores better than others?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    09-17-2014 11:40 PM
    We just had an Apple Store open on the 6th here in Atlanta, that's the one I will be going to at like 11 to see what the line looks like. If it's too long I will look into other places
    09-18-2014 08:18 AM
    We just had an Apple Store open on the 6th here in Atlanta, that's the one I will be going to at like 11 to see what the line looks like. If it's too long I will look into other places
    Good luck rgood! I'll be there too!
    09-18-2014 08:20 AM
    Good luck rgood! I'll be there too!
    Thanks! You actually helped me make my decision! It was going to be perimeter mall, because it's closer to me. I didn't know the Apple Store opened so hopefully a lot of other people didn't either lol. What time are you getting out there?
    09-18-2014 08:30 AM
    Well I was going to show up early AM but as I sit here in my bamulance with the radio on, the news just reported about 2 dozen people already in line at the Apple Store Pioneer Place. Soooo, I guess I will be starting earlier than I thought.
    09-18-2014 08:35 AM
    Well I was going to show up early AM but as I sit here in my bamulance with the radio on, the news just reported about 2 dozen people already in line at the Apple Store Pioneer Place. Soooo, I guess I will be starting earlier than I thought.
    Yea I'm thinking about getting to my Apple Store about 11 but I may go as soon as traffic dies down.
    09-18-2014 08:59 AM
    Yea I'm thinking about getting to my Apple Store about 11 but I may go as soon as traffic dies down.
    09-18-2014 10:01 AM
    Thanks! You actually helped me make my decision! It was going to be perimeter mall, because it's closer to me. I didn't know the Apple Store opened so hopefully a lot of other people didn't either lol. What time are you getting out there?
    I plan on going about 9:30ish. We will see where that gets me.
    09-18-2014 03:01 PM
486 ... 23456 ...