I would of done it but go on vacation
    09-11-2014 10:25 AM
    I'm waiting in line, this will be the first iphone I've owned so I figured GO BIG! I just need to formulate a plan..............
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-11-2014 12:03 PM
    Here's my option 1: sell current iPhone 5, hope sale price will cover cost of etf. Get one of the new iPhones(haven't decided yet) and then where I'll be attending college, tmobile has coverage, and I'll get them to break me free of the iron grip of evil Verizon.
    09-11-2014 12:06 PM
    Here's my option 1: sell current iPhone 5, hope sale price will cover cost of etf. Get one of the new iPhones(haven't decided yet) and then where I'll be attending college, tmobile has coverage, and I'll get them to break me free of the iron grip of evil Verizon.
    Sounds like a good option so far.........
    09-11-2014 12:08 PM
    Option two: sell current iPhone 5, pay eft, and buy a new iPhone outright. The savings over time from not being on contract will add up, although I haven't done the numbers yet.
    09-11-2014 12:08 PM
    Option two: sell current iPhone 5, pay eft, and buy a new iPhone outright. The savings over time from not being on contract will add up, although I haven't done the numbers yet.
    Yeah you gotta crunch the numbers to see what would be best. I can tell you tmobile paying off your ETF is big, just expect to wait about 6-8 weeks for them to do it. When they do pay it off, it's in the form of a debit card. So you might have to end up paying the ETF fee first but then you will get it back from tmo, it just takes them a while.
    09-11-2014 12:24 PM
    I did the numbers for a 2 year contract vs 2 years no contract and the no contract option saves me about $800-$1000, enough to upgrade iPhones every 2 years, though I hope to upgrade every year haha
    09-12-2014 12:40 AM
    I don't really want to camp out, but not against waiting a few hours. I'm curious what lines are like from previous years at Verizon corp stores on launch? Anyone have experience vs the Apple store. Definitely not going there. I debated pre-order, but since I'm still undecided on size, I feel like I'm stuck going to store....and plus is back dated way to far now anyway.
    09-12-2014 10:50 AM
    I don't really want to camp out, but not against waiting a few hours. I'm curious what lines are like from previous years at Verizon corp stores on launch? Anyone have experience vs the Apple store. Definitely not going there. I debated pre-order, but since I'm still undecided on size, I feel like I'm stuck going to store....and plus is back dated way to far now anyway.
    I'm in Atlanta and I waited in line at a Verizon store for the 5s. I didn't get there until around 4:30/5am and I was only 7th in line. (Store opened at 8am.) I will be doing the exact same thing for this release but will probably go a tad earlier just to be safe. It's not impossible to get a phone on release day without waiting forever or camping out.
    09-12-2014 10:56 AM
    I have 'camped out' twice. I did the 4S launch, and the iPad 2 launch. The iPad 2 was strange though, 5 pm release date. The 4S launch in PA was great. I met a blind guy who was buying his first ever smart phone because that's when Siri was introduced. News trucks came around 5 am, and they interviewed a few of us in line. Apple employees gave us soft pretzels and water around 6 am, and there was a huge applause when the Starbucks next door opened. We all took turns using the bathroom and getting coffee.

The experience in line is awesome. I am almost as excited for it as I am the 6+. I'll be out there again next Thursday night/Friday morning, and I can't wait.

By the way, this is my first post, and I love reading the threads in this forum - you guys are great.
    09-12-2014 02:15 PM
    I have 'camped out' twice. I did the 4S launch, and the iPad 2 launch. The iPad 2 was strange though, 5 pm release date. The 4S launch in PA was great. I met a blind guy who was buying his first ever smart phone because that's when Siri was introduced. News trucks came around 5 am, and they interviewed a few of us in line. Apple employees gave us soft pretzels and water around 6 am, and there was a huge applause when the Starbucks next door opened. We all took turns using the bathroom and getting coffee.

The experience in line is awesome. I am almost as excited for it as I am the 6+. I'll be out there again next Thursday night/Friday morning, and I can't wait.

By the way, this is my first post, and I love reading the threads in this forum - you guys are great.
    I'm the same! The line is a huge part of the excitement for me, and this will be my first launch
    09-13-2014 12:09 AM
    I'm the same! The line is a huge part of the excitement for me, and this will be my first launch
    Enjoy and share pics
    09-13-2014 12:17 AM
    Enjoy and share pics
    Yeah for sure! Hopefully I'll be first so I can share some pictures of how long the line gets from the first in line's point of view
    09-13-2014 12:19 AM
    Yeah for sure! Hopefully I'll be first so I can share some pictures of how long the line gets from the first in line's point of view
    I'm still exhausted from staying up so late.

I only do standing in line for video games. For my PS4 I paid when they took orders and picked it up at midnight. I don't have the stamina.
    09-13-2014 12:38 AM
    I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up on the 19th, so I won't be camping out.

The only iphone launch that I camped out/ stood in line for a REALLY long time was for the iPhone 4. I arrived at my local apple store 5AM the day it launched ( without a pre order) and stood in line for like 12-13 hours. I didn't get my phone until like 5:30- 6pm. The line WAS HUGE. Both the pre order line and the non pre order lines covered up the entire second floor of the mall where my local Apple Store is located. Easily the most massive line I have ever seen/ been in for a product launch.

I did meet some cool people in line and by the end it felt like we all had known each other for YEARS lol. We had like a iphone family/ friendship in line lol. Some of whom I am still friends with today and so I lost contact with sadly.

Apple also fed us breakfast, lunch, AND dinner while waiting in line. Krispy Kreme and coffe in the morning, Pizza Hut for lunch, and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. We were also on all three of our local news casts, morning, noon, and night.

I was only 22 then and in college so I had the time to wait in long lines for hours lol. Now I am 26 and have to work on the 19th ( but getting off a bit early at noon) to pick up my iphone 6 plus in store. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Mr_Freeze72; 09-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    09-13-2014 09:46 AM
    I preordered my iPhone 4 with a in store pick up but stood in line for it here in Tampa anyways what a cool experience that was. This time I have my pre order for my iPhone6 Plus 128gb set for in store pickup however in at the NY 5th Ave Store. Debating on whether I want to brave the line there or just go in and pick up my pre-order. I know the line there can be blocks long and there are already people in line from like the week before the announcement.
    09-13-2014 01:20 PM
    I've only ever waited in line for the 3G and iPad 2. The iPad 2 line was awesome. Everyone geeked out about having their iphones jailbroken and showing off how they customized everything and just talked tech.

Sent from my OnePlus One
    09-13-2014 01:39 PM
    Here's my dilemma.

I did not preorder an iphone 6. I am eligible for an upgrade and what I want is the iphone 6 plus, space gray - any size. Can I get what I want by standing in line somewhere on Sept 19??

As I see it, my options are as follows:

1) Apple Store (over an hr away, plus D.C area) - seems like it could be CARAZY.

2) Sprint Store (my carrier) - I called them and they said they will probably have zero phones for people who did not preorder. Can that be right??

3) Best Buy - I can get the $125 BB GC. (I called and they said they should have phone for liner uppers.)

4) Radio Shack - I've heard they will give $100 credit for my 4s plus a $50 itunes GC. (Talked to the worker here who seemed like he'd never even heard of iphone.)

Will any of these stores have what I need? What's my best option? I'm willing to stand in line at whatever time is necessary, blankets and camp chair in tow.

Advice, please!!
    09-13-2014 06:22 PM
    Here's my dilemma.

I did not preorder an iphone 6. I am eligible for an upgrade and what I want is the iphone 6 plus, space gray - any size. Can I get what I want by standing in line somewhere on Sept 19??
    It's possible, but it will depend on the store and how many device they have in stock. Also, many stores have pre-orders and will only allow those who have pre-ordered to get the devices FIRST.

As I see it, my options are as follows:

1) Apple Store (over an hr away, plus D.C area) - seems like it could be CARAZY.

2) Sprint Store (my carrier) - I called them and they said they will probably have zero phones for people who did not preorder. Can that be right??

3) Best Buy - I can get the $125 BB GC. (I called and they said they should have phone for liner uppers.)

4) Radio Shack - I've heard they will give $100 credit for my 4s plus a $50 itunes GC. (Talked to the worker here who seemed like he'd never even heard of iphone.)

Will any of these stores have what I need? What's my best option? I'm willing to stand in line at whatever time is necessary, blankets and camp chair in tow.

Advice, please!!
    Nobody can know if any of the stores will have the specific device you want on the day you mentioned. It'll be a crap shoot.
    09-13-2014 06:26 PM
    An Apple Store in the DC area is probably your best bet. They should have plenty of stock although I'm sure certain sizes and capacities will have less than others. But I have no idea what time you'd have to get there to guarantee getting a phone.
    simplylaurakb likes this.
    09-13-2014 07:02 PM
    Apple Store's will have separate stock for pre-orders and everyone else so unlike with carrier store and best buy you don't have to worry about competing with pre-orders getting their phones before you.
    Rumor has it that the 6 Plus will be in shorter supply than the 6. But they also usually stock more space gray than white or gold. Your willingness to get any capacity should help. But I still can't tell you what time to get there.
    I'll probably be at the Tysons store by 10pm. That netted me a first in line last year. I think this year will be crazier though because of pent up demand for this size not just from Apple fans but Android users who didn't want to switch before to a smaller phone.
    09-13-2014 07:07 PM
    I used the reserve and pickup option of the Apple Store website, which supposedly guarantees me one of the launch day stock so long as I turn up on the day to pay for it in-store. I heard that people who reserved get to go in a different queue, so I'll be rolling up early on the 19th. Has anyone else tried this option before instead of pre-ordering or waiting in the first-come-first-served line?
    09-14-2014 12:46 PM
    I used the reserve and pickup option of the Apple Store website, which supposedly guarantees me one of the launch day stock so long as I turn up on the day to pay for it in-store. I heard that people who reserved get to go in a different queue, so I'll be rolling up early on the 19th. Has anyone else tried this option before instead of pre-ordering or waiting in the first-come-first-served line?
    This is what alex.shimp told me on another thread earlier:

When I preordered the iPhone 4 with in store pickup they gave everyone cards and checked those of us in who preordered. When we got into the mall the split the line up. The first 5-10 people in line got into the store first. Then they started bringing in groups from the none pre order and pre order lines and they had a queue in the store. However it was like a 10 to 1 ratio of preorder to non preorder after they brought the first people in line in.

So basically the first 10 people, regardless of pre-order status, go in first, then they split the line up into Pre-Ordered and Non Pre-Ordered and let about 10 Pre-Ordered people go in for every 1 Non Pre-Ordered.
    NekoMichi likes this.
    09-14-2014 01:23 PM
    Ok I need advice.
    Like others I REALLY want the iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey 64gb.
    Now I went to my local Verizon store (Phoenix, Arizona)
    was approved and everything BUT than I was told I would receive my iPhone October 28?
    YES thats right!! October 28 ): okay so I am extremely hard headed. The guy than told me my other option was to camp out on September 19th. Now I've never done this.
    Question #1 Has anyone else gotten October 28 as a delivery date??

Question #2 If I camp out what should I go? I was thinking maybe 3-4am?? Crazy right?? Lol
    It is now Sunday & I am freaking out about not being able to get the phone in space grey or even worse not getting one at all!!

Please help? Advice??? Thanks in advance!! xoxo & everyone who is going to camp out wish you guys the best of luck!! (:
    09-14-2014 08:57 PM
    Iphone 6 Plus pick up? From where? & where are you located??
    I have my iphone 6 plus pre ordered for in store pick up on the 19th, so I won't be camping out.

The only iphone launch that I camped out/ stood in line for a REALLY long time was for the iPhone 4. I arrived at my local apple store 5AM the day it launched ( without a pre order) and stood in line for like 12-13 hours. I didn't get my phone until like 5:30- 6pm. The line WAS HUGE. Both the pre order line and the non pre order lines covered up the entire second floor of the mall where my local Apple Store is located. Easily the most massive line I have ever seen/ been in for a product launch.

I did meet some cool people in line and by the end it felt like we all had known each other for YEARS lol. We had like a iphone family/ friendship in line lol. Some of whom I am still friends with today and so I lost contact with sadly.

Apple also fed us breakfast, lunch, AND dinner while waiting in line. Krispy Kreme and coffe in the morning, Pizza Hut for lunch, and hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner. We were also on all three of our local news casts, morning, noon, and night.

I was only 22 then and in college so I had the time to wait in long lines for hours lol. Now I am 26 and have to work on the 19th ( but getting off a bit early at noon) to pick up my iphone 6 plus in store. Can't wait!
    Mr_Freeze72 likes this.
    09-14-2014 09:00 PM
486 1234 ...