Is it worth upgrading from iPhone 4S?

rMBA13

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth upgrading from iPhone 4S

I am still using an unlocked 16GB iPhone 4S, it's a bit slow and the screen size is tiny, but it gets the job done in most cases. I was dead set on upgrading my phone until I saw the off-contract pricing here in Canada.

I can probably sell my iPhone 4S for around $180. But since I want the 64GB version of the 4.7" iPhone 6, it will cost $962 after tax. I still have to put up $780 for the difference. Do you guys think this is worth it?

P.S. The contract plans are such rip-offs here in Canada

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
re:

780 is a lot of scratch bro. Only you know if you can afford it.

From a device perspective, yes, its a very worthy upgrade.

Another option is the 5S.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

I am still using an unlocked 16GB iPhone 4S, it's a bit slow and the screen size is tiny, but it gets the job done in most cases. I was dead set on upgrading my phone until I saw the off-contract pricing here in Canada.

I can probably sell my iPhone 4S for around $180. But since I want the 64GB version of the 4.7" iPhone 6, it will cost $962 after tax. I still have to put up $780 for the difference. Do you guys think this is worth it?

Impossible to answer. Do you desire the new phone? Does it outweigh other needs you have? Do you have the extra cash? Do you have other more pressing expenses? Will you have buyers remorse?

Only one person here can answer those questions. Instead of asking us if it's worth it, ask yourself if it's worth it to you.

Best of luck.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
re:

Comparing the 4s to the 6 of course it's worth it. Only you can answer is it worth it from a cost standpoint. You could consider the 5s as another option. Good luck.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

It's worth upgrading from the 4S, but you may want to look into what people are selling the 5s and 5c for, used.

Can't imagine not having LTE, but I have a 5s and I'm not entirely sure I'm going to upgrade this year.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
re:

Yes it is. Unless you want to wait for the 6s/+.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
re:

It worth for some people and for some it doesn't. This depends on a lot of things like finn5975 mentioned above. Personally, it doesn't worth for me. Why? because first I have a one week iPhone 5s and can't justify buying the new 6 series only because the camera or sizes are enhanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
re:

i still have a 4S and to me it kinda isn't worth it. that also all depends on what you want. i wanted the 6 but the specs are better on the 6 plus and i don't really have any desire to get that one. i still don't know what i'm going to do. maybe hang on to my 4S for yet another year cuz i can at least put iOS 8 on it.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
re:

If you can comfortably afford it, then absolutely upgrade to the 6.
But, that is a lot of dough. You could buy a real computer for that amount of money (to compare).
If the money seems like too much, you could a 5s or 5c, and then wait a year.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

Nobody can answer that but you, like others said if you can afford it go for it. Will definitely be a noticeable upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

It is definitely worth it. If you don't upgrade to the 6, I would recommend the 5s, seeing as it is a little less $$

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
re:

Depends bro. That's a lot of cash you could always get a cheaper 5s used but if your heart is set on the 6 I'd say go for it.

candy jar

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

Most definitely. I upgraded from the 4s... waited about 3 years for this model. It's not as plump as the 4s... much easier to tote around even though it's taller.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner