Contract free T Mobile iPhone 6 will it work on AT&T?

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Will the contract free T Mobile iPhone 6 will it work on AT&T? Is there anything I will have do like get the phone unlocked? Has anyone done that with the iPhone 5s?

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have an answer. I was just about to start the same thread. No one wants to answer. I wanna get the unlocked tmobile option but want to use it on att also.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The bands match up from what I can tell, but I am not sure about the phone being unlocked. I believe there is a writer fore iMore who also works at an Apple Store who said that the contract free model works on AT&T.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes it works on AT&T and it comes unlocked. We just about all did it with the 5S or we got the verizon variant which comes unlocked too at full retail.

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
EmceeGeek. Thank you for the answer. Any issues at all with using the contract free T Mobile iPhone on AT&T?

gurase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that if the AT&T iPhone is purchased full price at an Apple store, it also comes unlocked. Buying it subsidized triggers it to be locked. This doesn't apply at carrier stores where all iPhones are locked.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Can I preorder an unlocked att phone ?

You'll end up getting an unlocked device, but there won't be any devices available for pre-order OR regular order (for that matter) that are specified "unlocked". Just buy a device unsubsidized and if it doesn't come unlocked, you simply contact your carrier and they'll unlock it for you. Simple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Or just buy the T-Mobile version which is an option from what I see on the Apple Store page. It'll come unlocked and you don't have to worry about calling AT&T to get that ridiculous $36 upgrade fee removed from your bill even though you paid full retail.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Starting with the iPhone 5S they unified the att & tmobile phones into one so that both have the same specs, bands, etc. If this holds true for the iPhone 6, then you should just get whichever is easier to get a hold of.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Starting with the iPhone 5S they unified the att & tmobile phones into one so that both have the same specs, bands, etc. If this holds true for the iPhone 6, then you should just get whichever is easier to get a hold of.

Pretty much. Apple has already said how many different bands they included into these models, to help with roaming. So.... In my eyes.. It's up to you where you buy. AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile is all fair game.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, so that iPhone 6 contract free i bought from apple online store will work in Egypt ?!

Unknown.

But one can do research.

Bands in Egypt:
http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=EGYPT

LTE bands:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

(None, it seems.)

iPhone 6 models by country/carrier:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.apple.com%2Fiphone%2FLTE%2F&token=lPrGCz1M

Assuming that you pick a network with GSM frequencies in Egypt, you should have 2G and 3G service with an American iPhone 6.

ScottsoNJ

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gone this route and confirm that the contract free T Mobile phone works with AT&T LTE.

Just picked up the Unlocked T-Mobile 6 at the Cherry Hill Mall,put my Straight Talkk AT&T sim card in and everything is good to go. I should add when you power on the phone since their is a T-Mobile sim card in the phone the network displayed will say T-Mobile. When you switch out the sim card it will say AT&T

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice