I hope once it's in hand it becomes not ugly

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I just can't get over the looks of it. I have my old iPhone 4 with me and I'm looking at the iPhone 6 in pics - the industrial design of the 4/4s is still to this day unmatched IMO.

Maybe once we have it in hand it won't matter. "Put a case on it" - yeah OK.

Not sure Jobs would have been on board with this design.

Besides looks, excited about mobile payments.

What do you all think about the look? I'm twitching right now.......

mase123987

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree that the new iphone has regressed in looks. I usually think the iPhone is at least decent looking, not this time.

That said, who cares what mythical Jobs would think? He is dead. Enough already.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just almost wrote the same exact thing on another thread. I'm hoping your right about getting it in our hands, maybe it won't be so damn ugly. Apple drop the ball on this one. I've been one of those blinded apple fans for years, but this ugly piece of crap has oped my eyes !

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at it and maybe it will look better in person. I prefer the looks of the 4/4s and 5s. Maybe I'll change my mind.

whatsever

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I really love Apple to build the most ugly products in years.

The front is Samsung (not the homebutton) , The back is HTC and they grey line on the side is like my zodiac boat :)

I didn't expect this but it's an real Apple Flapper

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Over all, I'm pleased with the looks of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, however, I'm not fond of the antenna breaks, especially on the gold iPhone. I haven't decided if I'm going with the space gray or the silver.

cnotes2020

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I will have to agree. It looks fugly. Maybe it's the size but will see in person. Maybe I will lean away from black or whatever the color is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I too dislike the design, it looks so cheap. And that camera poping up out will get busted the first since it's pretty much expose when resting the phone on a surface. It won't even rest flat on a surface but be like balancing, I mean what where they all thinking?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I too dislike the design, it looks so cheap. And that camera poping up out will get busted the first since it's pretty much expose when resting the phone on a surface. It won't even rest flat on a surface but be like balancing, I mean what where they all thinking?

I don't think it makes the device looks "cheap", but when the antenna breaks appear "loud", so to speak, at least it does on the gold model, in --> my <-- opinion...:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What really does it matter whether Steve Jobs would have been on board with this design or not? He's not at Apple anymore. That has no bearing on anything.

That said, I like that the design language goes with the iPads now with those rounded corners. The fact that it got thinner should make it feel better in your hand more than you imagine it may not.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me. I'll buy it. Never really bought an iPhone for looks to be honest. I use an iPhone because it works when I want it to.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't matter to me. I'll buy it. Never really bought an iPhone for looks to be honest. I use an iPhone because it works when I want it to.

The look is the first thing that draw u toward it. Then the performance, you might think otherwise but it's the look at the first place. Obviously, you will be looking more at the look more than looking at the performance over time. Before you take the phone first thing you see is the phone (the look) before operating it. Of course design matter for everybody conscienceless or not.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Didn't everyone hate the way the 4 was when it was from revieled? And then the 5? The rounded corners might make it feel better in your hand honestly. The antenna breaks...only really look horrible on the good version. Then again I always thought the gold version was hideous anyways. Gold anything is hideous. The camera in the back sticking out. Yea they probably should of just done something about that. Make the phone a little thicker to make it flush. But it might not be a big deal. Will just have to wait to see the phone in person. They could of always rounded the back a little bit and put the camera in the middle of the phone like it is in the htc one and others and gave it that slim appearance from the side but flush camera. Either way. I'm excited. Bigger phone that actually works. Android phones are laggy piles of garbage. At least this phone will work.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I like the design and I will get the gold one because I love how the antenna breaks make it look. I won't be carrying it nekkid because I don't like my devices nekkid. I guess for me the device looks more feminine but that's just mu opinion.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The look is the first thing that draw u toward it. Then the performance, you might think otherwise but it's the look at the first place. Obviously, you will be looking more at the look more than looking at the performance over time. Before you take the phone first thing you see is the phone (the look) before operating it. Of course design matter for everybody conscienceless or not.

Ummm. Nope. But ok.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Considering I don't stare at the back of my phone, particularly the back of the case it is in, combined with the fact that the front of the phone is identical to the 5/5S.....based on your rationale I have nothing to worry about.