Surprised they dropped the 32gb????

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised initially, but realized what I think is the actual deal with this change...they realized you had two very distinct types of consumers out there, the ones that focus fully on Cloud storage, and the ones that still hang on to physical storage on a device. The 16GB actually makes more sense to hold onto for those Cloud junkies because they don't care about internal storage...and for those of us (like me) who still want a decent amount of on board storage, 64GB for the pricing point of the 32GB is like a nice gesture and makes me even less worried about the videos, pictures and apps I store on the device.

After I sat back and thought that through, I realized that dropping the 32GB version was the best move they could make.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Not surprised they are forcing fans to either spend more or use their iCloud service.

Moves like this is why sometimes I hate Apple.

tapatalk LG pro D852

jrsharp70

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Pretty disappointed. 32gb is the sweet spot for me. I was certain they would eliminate the 16 and make 32 the new norm.

So $399 on contract for the 6+ ... I'll have to wait a while. Damn.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I was surprised initially, but realized what I think is the actual deal with this change...they realized you had two very distinct types of consumers out there, the ones that focus fully on Cloud storage, and the ones that still hang on to physical storage on a device. The 16GB actually makes more sense to hold onto for those Cloud junkies because they don't care about internal storage...and for those of us (like me) who still want a decent amount of on board storage, 64GB for the pricing point of the 32GB is like a nice gesture and makes me even less worried about the videos, pictures and apps I store on the device.

After I sat back and thought that through, I realized that dropping the 32GB version was the best move they could make.

^^ This; I applaud Apple for giving me another 32GB for the price I was going to pay anyway.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

I confess, I am a cloud junkie.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I would throw in a lot of people are cheap and want the cheapest best thing, so they settle with a 16gb iphone.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping that they'd start with the 32GB option for $199. I certainly don't need 64 but 16 is getting a bit tight on my 4s after 3 years. I'm disappointed.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am, wish they would have cut 16, although I can see why they did. This makes it more common to spend $100 for 64gb over the 16, where as some may have stuck with 16 when 32 was around. Still can't really complain, now I can get a 64gb when I figured I would have to stick with 32 due to funds. Extra space is always nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5c 16GB and one thing that has happened in markets outside of the US was Apple's launch of the 5c 8GB model. I have noticed a spike of 5cs around since then here in the UK and I think that it is due to this model. I have got just 500MB left on mine, but for some other 5c owners, their 8 GB may be sufficient. When a friend at work got her 5c, I asked which model it was, she simply didn't know. It must have been the 8GB.
So for the iPnone 6 I think that they have retained a smaller 16GB model, then just 2 more in the range. It was the 32GB that ended up being dropped.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2