Doomed......

kch50428 likes this.
    09-10-2014 10:24 AM
    i think it looks odd and out of place a little bit. i'd love to not use a case for once but that doesn't look like an option with the 6 and 6 plus. what is the purpose of it protruding like that? especially if you get a regular 6 with the junk camera
    09-10-2014 10:38 AM
    Question for all future Iphone 6 owners..

4s, 5, 5c/s, 6 / 6 + all have the same 8mp camera. That's 4 years with the same mega pixels. We're you expecting a mega pixel bump with this launch or are you still happy with the camera?

I know mega pixels does not mean a better but it still help when zooming and it does feel silly that someone with a 4s who doesn't know much about cameras can say "well my 4 year old phone has the came camera as yours"
    Megapixels does not equal better pictures. You can have a bump in megapixels and if the lens is bad and the software is bad you get mediocre pictures. I know. I lived for two years with the BlackBerry 9900 Fisher Price camera. Megapixels were the same as on my 9860 and my 9810 and yet the difference in quality was tremendous.

I don't care about the megapixels. My iPhone takes stellar pictures and that's what I care about.
    kch50428 and mikeo007 like this.
    09-10-2014 11:36 AM
    Actually I agree with the OP. Although I use a case, I still think the protruding camera ring is an odd design choice and I would love to hear why they decided to do it. I know a lot of people who carry their phones without a case and those I have spoken to today aren't too happy about the 6 rocking on a flat surface because of the protrusion on the back.

I'll still buy the phone though as I don't care enough about the ugly back or the protruding camera ring for it to change my mind. Anyway, I will put a case on it like I always do, instead though I shall choose an opaque case rather than a clear one. I understand and appreciate the aesthetic that people want from Apple and there are a lot of people ranging from mildly miffed to raging angry over the looks of the back and camera ring.

I had the silver iPhone 5s and the gold 5s so i'll probably go back to the black, like I had on the 4, 3, 3GS and 2 I had.
    09-10-2014 12:24 PM
    I may be going black too. Haven't had the black since the 3GS.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-10-2014 12:30 PM
    It is strange no doubt and not something I expected but once the tech guys break it down to its individual parts we should learn the reason why

Site unseen I guessing something to do with NFC
    09-10-2014 12:40 PM
    So, in order to protect the protruding camera (or at least get the phones to lay flat), we have to use a case which will make our phones at least the same thickness they would have been if the phone thickness was increased and filled with battery, not to mention the extra width the case will cause. This is a design decision I do not understand.
    09-10-2014 12:49 PM
    So, in order to protect the protruding camera (or at least get the phones to lay flat), we have to use a case which will make our phones at least the same thickness they would have been if the phone thickness was increased and filled with battery, not to mention the extra width the case will cause. This is a design decision I do not understand.
    this is the point people aren't getting. a case is only going to make an already big phone bigger. probably another marketing ploy to get people to buy their cases.
    09-10-2014 01:00 PM
    What is the greatest benefit of getting your phone to lay 100% flat on its back on a table? The camera barely comes out? What exactly are you going to lose because it won't sit 100% flat?

And don't even start telling me it could ruin the camera lens. I'm sure the glass on the lens will be of sapphire just as the 5S is.
    09-10-2014 01:54 PM
    This will increase the case sales for the new Iphone but honestly why did they let the camera stick out like that?
    09-10-2014 01:54 PM
    I see nothing wrong with the ring...

Are You Serious with this Camera Ring?-monocle.jpg
    nyc_rock likes this.
    09-10-2014 03:52 PM
    There are some very nice cases that have a very slim profile. Like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/i...ra-hybrid.html

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-10-2014 03:54 PM
    Does this protrusion have threads on it? If yes, then it would be a good thing for 3rd parties to make bazooka lenses fit on it.
    On a different 'ranty' note, why doesn't Apple have a lanyard hole ever. I would love to hang some charms on my phone :-)
    09-11-2014 06:54 AM
    Hate the protruding camera lens,the flat camera was one of the things that made the Iphone the Iphone.
    09-11-2014 07:14 AM
39 12