iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Will the size of this 6+ will we see the return of the in-the-ear BT?

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

I talk a lot on my phone and almost always use my bluetooth. I have been using one since they started selling them and now can't stand to hold the phone. Knowing that our resident red headed hottie is laughing at me hurts. :crying:

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have big hands, not Finn big, but big. I wear either a XL or XXL glove. I don't use cases and always use a BlackBerry style holster so pocketability is not really a factor for me. I had a Note 3 and used it for around 10 days then went back to my Moto X and now a 5c because of the size. I couldn't one hand the Note. I am on the road a lot and the first time I tried to make a call with the Note the size really hit me. (I don't text and drive, just make phone calls) The new feature in iOS that allows for the screen to slide down for one handed use might just make the 6+ a lot more usable. A lot of people who have never had a phone the size of the Note 3 are in for a surprise. Wait until someone puts the 6+ in an Otterbox Defender or any other bulky case like that, it will be BIG.

I'm going to sit out the pre order and go play with both sizes at the store and see what I think in person before I decide. I loved the screen on the Note 3, but hated the back and menu key placement on it since I was always hitting them when trying to hold it on the bezel. I had a Z30 and still thought it was a little big. I love my Moto X though so I have a feeling the 6 is where I will end up.

I have been wanting an iPad Air for a while so it will be either a 6+ or a 6/iPad Air combo for me.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was torn between the two models but I always get the new model and pass the one year old phone down to my husband. He's expressed an interest in the larger one even though he won't get it for a year so that's probably what I'll go with. He did say it was my choice though.

I do the same with my wife, she is worried about the 6 plus being too big for her next year.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted to get the gold 64gb iPhone 6 (I just purchased an iPad mini with retina last month lol)
I currently have the iPhone 5 (previously owned the s4.) do you guys think the display quality would be significantly better if I decided on the iPhone 6? I can't bare to wait for the iPhone 6 plus haha

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted to get the gold 64gb iPhone 6 (I just purchased an iPad mini with retina last month lol)
I currently have the iPhone 5 (previously owned the s4.) do you guys think the display quality would be significantly better if I decided on the iPhone 6? I can't bare to wait for the iPhone 6 plus haha

If you're asking about the difference in screen resolution, I've seen two hands on videos now where they commented that they couldn't readily tell a difference. I don't think it will be a night/day difference.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Just like finn said, all the hands on videos I've seen say they can't really tell a difference between the 2.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Funny how hard the decision is for some of you who have only owner iPhones. I've owned
note 2 and 3
Galaxy s 4 and 5
Blackberry z10 q10 z30
The list goes on.

Why do I keep leaving iPhone and coming back? I leave cause once I use the big screen devices the 5s is annoyingly tiny and I come back cause iOS is works best imo. Once you have that large screen experience you will get use to using 2 hands, being bigger in your pockets and all that jazz. It's def worth it!!!

Once ip6+ was announced I didn't think twice.

Don't mind my errors. Typing with my iPhone on a treadmill and don't feel like correcting :)

I've owned three Android devices, one Palm Trep, several Windows 6.0, a Lumia 1520, literally over a dozen BlackBerries, and four iPhones. Many of the people on this thread have also used nunneries devices and iPhones. I also use a Note 2 for work.

No, you don't get used to two hands....I've always typed two handed. There are several considerations to weigh and portability is one. So....it is wise to take care when choosing.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s until my iPhone 6 128G Gold arrives

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You aren't helping me out any. The more I see pictures the more I want to cancel my 6 and wait it out for the 6+...

Lol I'm not helping myself either. I just checked Fedex and my order is supposed to arrive a day early. If so, I think I'm going to take the unopened box with me, wait in line Fri morning, and exchange for the 6+.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm not helping myself either. I just checked Fedex and my order is supposed to arrive a day early. If so, I think I'm going to take the unopened box with me, wait in line Fri morning, and exchange for the 6+.

Did you order through Apple or your carrier?

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. I live in a small rural part of mi though. Stock usually isn't in until well after launch. I may drive a little next Friday though and see if I can find one. I tried to get the + but with all the problems preordering it never went through.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Screw it. I'm canceling and taking my chances Friday. I'll call ahead if course just to see the situation, but it's going to kill me if I don't get the plus. Now to call and cancel my order tomorrow...

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

From what I've been reading, unless you got the 6+ on pre-order, the wait got pushed back by several weeks for more, so just going to a store might not work

http://www.cnet.com/news/for-iphone-6-plus-big-phone-equals-big-wait/

Posted via the iMore App for Android

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I've been reading, unless you got the 6+ on pre-order, the wait got pushed back by several weeks for more, so just going to a store might not work

http://www.cnet.com/news/for-iphone-6-plus-big-phone-equals-big-wait/

Posted via the iMore App for Android

It's the same thing every year with the preorder...well not last year. The stock always runs out quick, but people waiting in line are still able to collect every size and color. Sure there may not be a ton of them. It really depends in your area. When the 5 came out I went on launch day after the preorder said 3-4 weeks and got one in hand that day. I'm impatient, but also not in a huge rush so I think I'm still going to try my luck. After Friday the shipping times will start to decrease anyway.