iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I changed to the 6 literally last second. The 6+ would have required I completely change how I use my phone. I'm not willing to do that. Not for OIS that might benefit me the few times I take pics in darker settings. Not for a higher ppi that is actually being scaled down to 1080p and said to not be noticeably better in early reviews, and not for marginal battery improvement when I wasn't dissatisfied with battery life heading in.

I'd LOVE that big beautiful screen, but not at the price of one handed use and ease of pocket ability and portability. For me.

Agreed, when I had the note 2 which was 5.5 also it was bad! Wasnt comfortable and went back to the Ip5.. So when i was ordering today my coworkers one had a note 2 and one had a S4 which is a 4.7 screen right there I decided iphone 6 is for me! I preordered on time for it to be delivered on launch date!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah - you're probably right - in fact I know you're right and I know for myself - the few times the features of the Plus would come in handy, would be far outweighed by the unwieldy nature of such a gigantic piece... I see people with Note 3's and chuckle. So my original decision is probably the right one... I already have a mini (original) and iPad Air... to have another "tablet" is kinda silly ;)

Like you said... for how I use my phone *today*... and how I want to continue to use it, the 6 (which is still a nice increase in size from my 5... 4" vs 4.7") is the right choice for me.

It will be interesting though to see the real world battery life difference between the 6 and 6 Plus... I bet it's not nearly as disparate as the specs would indicate.

I feel ya. Ya see the 6+ selling out, you feel like it has premium features, and consequently you feel like you're missing out.

If you're here in the states, or depending on your carrier, you might have 14 days to return like I do with Verizon. Go mess with the 6+ next Friday. If you find it's a must have, order it ASAP and return the 6. Not ideal. But 1-2 years is a long time to harbor regret.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah - you're probably right - in fact I know you're right and I know for myself - the few times the features of the Plus would come in handy, would be far outweighed by the unwieldy nature of such a gigantic piece... I see people with Note 3's and chuckle. So my original decision is probably the right one... I already have a mini (original) and iPad Air... to have another "tablet" is kinda silly ;)

Like you said... for how I use my phone *today*... and how I want to continue to use it, the 6 (which is still a nice increase in size from my 5... 4" vs 4.7") is the right choice for me.

It will be interesting though to see the real world battery life difference between the 6 and 6 Plus... I bet it's not nearly as disparate as the specs would indicate.

The big screen and power of that phone needs that kind of battery

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I owned a note 3 and to see that the 6+ will be taller than the note 3 pretty much has me leaning towards the 6. But I'll try them out next week.

I'll be missing out on the OIS but there was an article written about digital vs hardware image stabilization. I think for a lot of people digital stabilization will be just fine.

Edit: here is the link

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/11/6135429/iphone-6-6-plus-which-one-to-buy

Kzchy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Basically, you pay 100$ more for OIS, higher screen resolution, some software enhancements, longer battery life. That is something worth considering. But as for me, no matter what those pros are you'll have to put the size first.

I'll take 6 'no plus' ^^

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya. Ya see the 6+ selling out, you feel like it has premium features, and consequently you feel like you're missing out.

If you're here in the states, or depending on your carrier, you might have 14 days to return like I do with Verizon. Go mess with the 6+ next Friday. If you find it's a must have, order it ASAP and return the 6. Not ideal. But 1-2 years is a long time to harbor regret.

I'm on Verizon as well - but nah... I have a feeling when I pull the 6 out of the box next Friday, all will be forgotten. Just now holding my 5, I'm not at all yearning for a super huge phone. The 6 will be a nice bump in size, without being gigantic. I don't do cases, so my phone needs to go in my pocket.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
LAST second change of heart. Literally. Went with the 4.7" silver 128GB.

In the end, continued one handed use and portability outweighed OIS and 401ppi for me. Battery wasn't a concern.

Finn - you're screwing up the logic! I've made up my mind too. White/Silver with either a black or brown leather Apple case and an Otterbox Symmetry in blue whenever that's available (I'll also scoop up a Mophie when the time comes). Topping everything off with a Zagg Glass screen protector. Whew - glad that decision is made haha!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Finn - you're screwing up the logic! I've made up my mind too. White/Silver with either a black or brown leather Apple case and an Otterbox Symmetry in blue whenever that's available (I'll also scoop up a Mophie when the time comes). Topping everything off with a Zagg Glass screen protector. Whew - glad that decision is made haha!

Which size? The plus?

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried both the z10 and note 2 last year and I felt the z10 is good enough size for me. And that's a 4.2. Note 2 was too big for me, causing me to go back to my 4S before changing to the 5s. So 6 will be good enough for me 😊 Anyway, I have my iPad mini for a really huge screen experience

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
It's going to come down to how each one feels in my pocket. I holster my phone during the week at work, but pocket it other times. Not sure a 6+ will fit in the front. Hope the store lets me try it out in the pocket without getting hauled off in handcuffs...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It's going to come down to how each one feels in my pocket. I holster my phone during the week at work, but pocket it other times. Not sure a 6+ will fit in the front. Hope the store lets me try it out in the pocket without getting hauled off in handcuffs...

Or you could try to buy one of those dummy models that the tech reviewers had....

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Funny how hard the decision is for some of you who have only owner iPhones. I've owned
note 2 and 3
Galaxy s 4 and 5
Blackberry z10 q10 z30
The list goes on.

Why do I keep leaving iPhone and coming back? I leave cause once I use the big screen devices the 5s is annoyingly tiny and I come back cause iOS is works best imo. Once you have that large screen experience you will get use to using 2 hands, being bigger in your pockets and all that jazz. It's def worth it!!!

Once ip6+ was announced I didn't think twice.

Don't mind my errors. Typing with my iPhone on a treadmill and don't feel like correcting :)