iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Been working with two cardboard models part of the day. The 6+ may fit in front or rear jeans pocket but forget about sitting unless you pull it out. The iphone 5 and hopefully 6 , will easily fit in slacks or jeans and the 6 faired well with a test in sitting down.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think if the bezel on the 6+ was reduced I'd choose it with zero hesitation. As it is, the extreme bezel and overall height has me thinking it's, dare I say it, unattractive 😳

All caveats apply. Just my opinion. Haven't seen it in person. Not hating, etc. Just coming to grips that that it's actually the 'front' of the 6+, not the back, that has me a bit turned off.

Edit: I need to straighten up. Until it's in my cold sweaty hands, passing judgement is premature and futile.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't know, before the Apple Keynote I was set on the iPhone6 (4.7), now I'm totally confused...Damn you Apple (in a good way) SMILE

MLdroidN4

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
This.

I am of the same opinion regarding the bezels on the 6+. Extra screen real estate is always good, but the bezels make the whole phone tad too big.

I'm coming over from a Nexus 5. N5 and the IP6 both are almost identical in dimensions so switching to a 6 would be seamless for me.
BUT, I used Note 3 for a brief period when it came out and really liked the bigger screen.
I have about 31 hours to make up mind on which one to pre-order.

I think if the bezel on the 6+ was reduced I'd choose it with zero hesitation. As it is, the extreme bezel and overall height has me thinking it's, dare I say it, unattractive ��

All caveats apply. Just my opinion. Haven't seen it in person. Not hating, etc. Just coming to grips that that it's actually the 'front' of the 6+, not the back, that has me a bit turned off.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else feel the 12th is taking forever to get here to pre-order. Does the phone ship on the 19th or will we get the phone on the 19th. Need to know when to take off so I can play with the phone alllll day

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to touch and feel the devices first before I buy, I am currently rocking the LG G3 so the 6+ will need to beat the LG before I consider switching. I like the bigger device personally I would never go back to a smaller device. I just purchased a Macbook Pro Retina so a new Iphone would compliment nicely.

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Why. Why couldn't they make 5". 4.7 too small. Not enough of screen gain from IPhone 5. 5.5 too big. Won't fit in my pants. Will leave it some place or loose it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I hate big phones because I've never used one. I'm also certain that neither of the phones will fit in my jeans front pocket.
However my husband sort of made my decision for me. I get the new phone every year and he gets my one year old phone. Although he did say it was my choice, he expressed a preference for the bigger one.

I'm using a GS5 everyday as my work phone & it's pretty darn awkward. The screen real estate is nice but the hugeness of the phone isn't. I'm pretty sure the new iPhone will be the same for me, especially since it's bigger than the note

raorth

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I really want to pre-order this Friday but struggling between the 6 and 6+. Thinking about ordering both and then return one.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Like everyone else I am undecided. I know I don't have a choice though. I honestly don't believe the 6+ would fit in my jeans. Have to go with the 6. Little bummed because I feel like I'm not getting the best iPhone available but I'm getting the iPhone that works best for me.

brett_f

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 6'8" like Finn, but I do have very large hands. Here's my pics. The 6 plus is really big. But, the 6 doesn't seem much larger than my 5.

I may end up buying the 6 plus simply out of fear that I will regret it if I don't. But wow, it's big. Hope I adjust to it quickly.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410398619.090444.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410398628.985847.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2