iPhone 6 vs 6 plus

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
6 Plus for me.

When i got my Mini w/ LTE 2 years ago, i fell in love with it and wished that i didn't buy the iPhone 5 at the first place and should have waited for the Mini instead. It's really enjoyable to have the big screen while commuting, but the Mini could not fit in my jeans.

Now that the 6+ is out, my dream has finally come true! Can't wait for preorder.

6+ 64 Space Grey for me 8)

ihtc

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Count me in the, wanted to buy the 4.7 boat, now torn due to the battery, res, and OIS. I am on a G3 now and was excited to get a smaller phone again. By the way the dimensions on the 6 Plus are larger then the g3 in height and width, just a little. G3 is pushing it for me already. I think I will still get the plus, I will sell it or trade for a smaller one if I really can't deal with it. Like many though I will be selling my Ipad mini lte since I doubt I would use it. I don't use it much since getting a giant phone anyway (g3).

Used the phone arena sizing tool quoted above. The Plus is much taller then the g3, more then I thought . Damn this is a hard choice

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Count me in the, wanted to buy the 4.7 boat, now torn due to the battery, res, and OIS. I am on a G3 now and was excited to get a smaller phone again. By the way the dimensions on the 6 Plus are larger then the g3 in height and width, just a little. G3 is pushing it for me already. I think I will still get the plus, I will sell it or trade for a smaller one if I really can't deal with it. Like many though I will be selling my Ipad mini lte since I doubt I would use it. I don't use it much since getting a giant phone anyway (g3).

I think many people are underestimating how big the 6 plus is. Its more than just a "little bigger" than the G3.

Visual Phone Size Comparison

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
i really liked the 6 plus but i m worried 5.5 is too big and uncomfortable to carry in pockets if so i m gonna get 6 only but i really wished to had better display and battery

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I hate big phones because I've never used one. I'm also certain that neither of the phones will fit in my jeans front pocket.
However my husband sort of made my decision for me. I get the new phone every year and he gets my one year old phone. Although he did say it was my choice, he expressed a preference for the bigger one.

Happy husband, happy life! :) (Still trying to convince my wife of that.)

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I need hands-on-time with both of them before I can make a decision. I do tons of photography and I'm drawn o the Plus because it offers OIS but I wish the 4.7 also offered OIS.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget it's not just the screen size that's awesome, battery life is higher.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

If that battery was to house into an iPhone 5s or a 5, I would easily understand how the powerful the battery is. But placing a powerful battery in a large device with plenty hungry pixel, and with all brand new CPU... There is nothing new here, they are just making their best to not go bellow iPhone original battery life time. So the more they will make iphone bigger and powerful, the more they will need to increase battery life. At the end of the day, you iphone 6, 6+ will have the same time usage as an iPhone 5s or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
After drooling over people using the Galaxy note the last couple years I'm going with the 6+. I'm probably gonna trade in my iPhone 5 & iPad mini. With that size screen I doubt I'll be using the iPad mini any more.

Can't wait!

You, my friend, have just opened my eyes to a new possibility. I was dead set on getting the standard 6 until I saw your comment. Recently I have been desiring a new iPad to use while I am at my office because I do not have a computer there. With the 6 Plus though, I would not need the new iPad as long as that landscape mode is available. Looks like I will be following your lead and getting the Plus after all. Thank you!

Edit: And here I am again ready to change my mind after seeing the pictures above on the different sizes. Darn it...

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i'm disappointed with the differences between the two models. to be honest I kinda don't even want one now. landscape and resolution are better only on the 6 plus. i don't get why they did that. probably a marketing ploy to get people to spend more money on the better model. i'd also like to see some more info about the protruding camera lens on the back of the phone. basically i don't know what to do but i'm ready to ditch my 4S

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've mentioned any times before that my 4.7" HTC One M7 had the perfect screen size. It's the reason I run that and my iPhone together. Now I can drop the HTC and get a more reliable (my opinion) iOS-based device.

I think your sweeping generalisation is way off the mark.

Then I wasn't talking to you now was I? How presumptuous.
The definition of a "flip-flopper" is someone who was against something before they were for it ...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
i'm disappointed with the differences between the two models. to be honest I kinda don't even want one now. landscape and resolution are better only on the 6 plus. i don't get why they did that. probably a marketing ploy to get people to spend more money on the better model. i'd also like to see some more info about the protruding camera lens on the back of the phone. basically i don't know what to do but i'm ready to ditch my 4S

-I can see where this is going. Don't do it! Don't make that jump to Android. You won't like it. Trust me!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This has to stop. The iPhone 6 Plus is not comparable in size to an iPad mini.

Good grief I'm starting to wonder if anyone has ever held an iPad mini.

I bought the Note 3 at 5.7" screen precisely because I thought i'd want to use that instead of my iPad. You're bang on! I found myself reaching for my iPad when I had reams of text to read and completely forgot about the Note 3, except when I had to find a pocket big enough to put it in.

The 5.5" iPhone 6+ is EVEN BIGGER than the Note 3. Sheesh. No.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't watch compassion video but have they compared the 6 Plus to a nokia 1520 yet? I had the 1520 for a few months and that was huge. I hated the pointy corners on it. All this size talk still hasn't changed my decision though 6Plus all the way!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
However my husband sort of made my decision for me. I get the new phone every year and he gets my one year old phone. Although he did say it was my choice, he expressed a preference for the bigger one.

Now see, that's what I'm takin' about....:)....Outstanding wife!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice