I think I'm fully committed to the iPhone 6 64 GB. Still have 8 days to change though
    Same here, about 90% committed, lol
    09-11-2014 02:52 PM
    Serious question: Under what circumstances is one-handed use necessary? It seems to me to be a preference-based requirement, which is fine, but I've yet to figure out a time where I can't easily use two hands. For me, it would just be changing some minor habits. Do you have any more specific perspective to share? Thanks.
    I agree. I simply cannot get any kind of speed/flow going - even on a text message - doing it one handed. I always go back to 2 hands. I use a company issued device and I am fairly certain the 6+ will not be on the menu when upgrade time comes around next month. I am thinking the 6 will be just right for me. If I need a bigger screen once in a while I have my iPad mini. That being said, both devices look great...even if the bezels are bigger than they could be. I look forward to seeing Apple trim those down in the future.
    09-11-2014 03:04 PM
    Serious question: Under what circumstances is one-handed use necessary? It seems to me to be a preference-based requirement, which is fine, but I've yet to figure out a time where I can't easily use two hands. For me, it would just be changing some minor habits. Do you have any more specific perspective to share? Thanks.
    I guess if you're just web browsing you don't want to scroll with both hands. I can see where a two handed device can be cumbersome but I hold my paperwhite with one hand and read so I am pretty sure I can browse with one hand.
    09-11-2014 05:43 PM
    Pockets,Pockets,Pockets. For me this is a big part of my decision. I'm a guy and for most of Spring,all of Summer,and about half of Fall,I do not have a jacket on. And I always,always keep my phones cased.( I have never had a mark or scuff or any wear on them. I sell them on eBay and get top dollar),so these new phones in a case like I currently use on my 5 (which is a battery case) would simply be too big for me to pocket. I currently have a 5 (skipped the 5s this time around) and it is in absolutely mint condition. Not one scratch,nick,blemish,sign of wear,etc...nothing..because of the cases. With a case the 6+ would not fit in my pockets and also be somewhat cumbersome to use. iPhone 6 64gb gray for me. I may wake up at 2:45 am and pre-order using Next,because my upgrade is not until Dec and I have a hard time waiting for technology.
    09-11-2014 06:15 PM
    The only real example I can think of is that one-handed use is necessary while driving, and we know that isn't the best reason! I am just curious because I've never owned a phone over 4.5" so I have to extrapolate as to whether a big phone would be a real problem due to one-handed limitations. I don't see it, but I'm sure some people have good reasons why one-handed use is so important. Also, I haven't seen much discussion about the double-click to smaller screen to help with one-handed use on the 6 Plus, but I thought that was a pretty clever idea by Apple.
    09-11-2014 06:17 PM
    The only real example I can think of is that one-handed use is necessary while driving, and we know that isn't the best reason! I am just curious because I've never owned a phone over 4.5" so I have to extrapolate as to whether a big phone would be a real problem due to one-handed limitations. I don't see it, but I'm sure some people have good reasons why one-handed use is so important. Also, I haven't seen much discussion about the double-click to smaller screen to help with one-handed use on the 6 Plus, but I thought that was a pretty clever idea by Apple.
    I agree that is pretty cool.
    09-11-2014 06:19 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking the 6Us is going to cure me of my bad habit on the road
    09-11-2014 06:22 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking the 6Us is going to cure me of my bad habit on the road…
    Same here
    09-11-2014 06:43 PM
    Someone brought up a great point in the Plus forum about fitness. I'm a runner and usually take my iPhone 5 with me on my runs for music, mileage tracking, etc. If I get the 6 Plus, I can't imagine using it on my runs. Short of getting the Apple Watch AND the 6 Plus (hey, at least I have lots of credit, right?), I'd probably have to go with the 6.
    09-11-2014 07:39 PM
    So last night I was pretty sure I was getting the 6+, now today I am wavering. Boss told me today the company will pay for the phone and I do plan on ordering tomorrow. Need to decide. Have any of you undecideds decided yet?
    09-11-2014 07:44 PM
    So last night I was pretty sure I was getting the 6+, now today I am wavering. Boss told me today the company will pay for the phone and I do plan on ordering tomorrow. Need to decide. Have any of you undecideds decided yet?
    By definition, we haven’t decided yet.

I am really struggling with this one. I want the features of the Plus, but not sure I want that big of a phone in my pocket. I’m probably going to go Plus and then see what it’s like. I can always sell it or return it for the 4.7" model.
    09-11-2014 07:48 PM
    After two days of waffling back and forth, I've decided on the 6+. If I can't adjust to the size in 14 days it'll go back. I already know the 4.7" would be manageable so no reason to try that one first.

Now, the color. I was intent on getting white/silver cause I thought the white faced 5S' were sleek. But after watching videos, I think the black masks the bezel better. Torn. Again.
    rellyrellz and brett_f like this.
    09-11-2014 07:56 PM
    FWIW, over in WP land I remember when the very large Lumia 1520 (6" screen) came out--most people who took the plunge had the following experience: "I thought it would be too big but after a couple days I got used to it and now my old phone looks like a toy. I'm never going back to a small phone." YMMV, but as someone who has not yet owned a phablet it certainly made an impression. The 6 Plus seems big to me, but I have no doubt I'd adapt to the size quickly and really enjoy all that screen acreage.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:01 PM
    Same here
    Glad I'm not alone here.
    09-11-2014 08:10 PM
    iMore just put an article out with photos showing the 6 Plus in a woman's jeans pockets. I just looked at how much room I have in my front jeans pockets with a 5s, and there is PLENTY of room for the size of a 6 Plus. I was most worried about jeans pockets, I don't think it's going to be a problem.
    Bigger iPhones, women, and skinny jeans: Will your new iPhone fit in your pocket? | iMore
    09-11-2014 08:21 PM
    Usually just navigating or scrolling around the phone, I use my left thumb as the phone is held with my left hand. When I type, it's with two hands, so no problem there, but I'm not typing on a phone all the time.

Anyways, it seems odd to have to explain one handed use and why it's important..
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    09-11-2014 08:41 PM
    One more thing to ponder is the iphone 6 plus downscaling all content. This would seem to put a burden on the cpu and could maybe cause some minor lag, choppiness, or blurriness.

Hands-on with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple€™s first crack at big phones | Ars Technica

We didn’t see any visible blurriness as a result of this scaling, though some UI animations and transitions seemed to be a little choppier than they are on the iPhone 6 or our iPhone 5S—we’ll need to wait for our full review to see just how the A8 chip handles the resolution change
    That's not what I want to hear. We know the A8 is pushing more pixels (over 2 million on the Plus vs the over one million on the iphone 6) but it's also having to downscale on the fly.

Here's what another site had to say: https://medium.com/@brucewangsg/the-...y-b33dac5bbcb6

Get it right from the start?

Why not just the right display instead of 1080p display, oh why Apple why? Why not get it right from the start?

1. Apple is probably trying to cut cost. It use commonly available 1080p panel that we have seen on many competitors’ devices. Apple has to keep a certain profit margin and it is not like iPhone 6+ price differs a lot from iPhone 6. It’s only $100 more expensive. Bigger screen, bigger battery, better camera. And potentially iPhone 6+ cutting into iPad sales. Where do we cover the lost to begin with?

2. Supply of panels. If Apple has to come out with its own customized display, will iPhone 6+ be delayed?

It’s not going to be resolution-gate case instead I can say Apple pulled a smart move. A move that:
    1. In the future, let’s imagine the next iPhone 7+. Apple can return to original 1242px by 2208px without much changes and clashes with app developers.
    2. It fits nicely to satisfy the DPI requirement and effective device resolution. Physically 1080p, but way more than 1080p.
    3. Cost wise helps the profit margin
    4. Tapping on available supply helps Apple quickly produce iPhone 6+ to meet the demands.

And yes it hurts that Apple is willing to compromise.

TLDR; In the landscape of touch devices, PPI is getting higher and higher. An exercise of choosing the right scaling factor has to be carried out to get the touch devices fit into acceptable range of DPIs. At the heart of the implementation, Apple chose precise 3x scaling for its iPhone 6+ at 462ppi/154dpi 1242px by 2208px. But it is downsampled to fit its physical 1080p panel.
    09-11-2014 08:52 PM
    I think the 6-plus will just be too big for me. I'm going with the 6 at 64gb. Wifey is getting the 6-plus. I'll get her to trade with me if push comes to shove and I regret my decision!

Now...can you all help me decide which color? lol
    09-11-2014 09:26 PM
    I think the 6-plus will just be too big for me. I'm going with the 6 at 64gb. Wifey is getting the 6-plus. I'll get her to trade with me if push comes to shove and I regret my decision!

Now...can you all help me decide which color? lol
    Haha can't go wrong with those options. Space Grey looks the best imo.
    09-11-2014 09:46 PM
    Walking through an airport pulling a suitcase and using my phone one handed so I don't have to stop walking and get in the way of others walking past me. I live in airports practically so it's important to me.
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    09-11-2014 09:51 PM
    Usually just navigating or scrolling around the phone, I use my left thumb as the phone is held with my left hand. When I type, it's with two hands, so no problem there, but I'm not typing on a phone all the time.

Anyways, it seems odd to have to explain one handed use and why it's important..
    No problem, I was just curious. It sounds like you just prefer using one hand, which is fine. Maybe the better question is what wouldn't we be able to do on the iPhone 6 Plus with one hand? I'm not too familiar with the iPhone UI but it seems like most things could still be done with the screen reducer function. I guess I'll just have to test one out and see.
    09-11-2014 10:07 PM
    Walking through an airport pulling a suitcase and using my phone one handed so I don't have to stop walking and get in the way of others walking past me. I live in airports practically so it's important to me.
    Right, good one. Thanks.
    09-11-2014 10:09 PM
    After two days of waffling back and forth, I've decided on the 6+. If I can't adjust to the size in 14 days it'll go back. I already know the 4.7" would be manageable so no reason to try that one first.

Now, the color. I was intent on getting white/silver cause I thought the white faced 5S' were sleek. But after watching videos, I think the black masks the bezel better. Torn. Again.
    I’m locked in and ready to buy.

iPhone 6 Plus, Space Gray, 64GB and AppleCare+
    09-11-2014 10:34 PM
    Im locked in and ready to buy.

I envy you. I'm on the fence again lol. Both the size and color. This is ridiculous.
    09-11-2014 10:36 PM
    Im locked in and ready to buy.

I'm semi-locked in. I know I was the 6+ bit I still can't decide on a color. Space Gray or Silver?!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2014 10:39 PM
349 ... 7891011 ...