I don't use iphone 6 or 6+. But I think 6+ will be better.
    09-11-2014 07:33 AM
    Screen resolution of the 5.5 over the 4.7 does not really mean anything to me, I mean... are we really going like ...man I wish I had a few more pixels per inch, this 326ppi hurts my eyes.
    I'm on the fence because of battery life and the OIS, I like the fact that I would have way more room for safari, videos and other media, but the portability get a huge hit with the size... Sooo big
    09-11-2014 07:57 AM
    Going back to the ipad for a sec, you can make calls and message with it now. It links to iphone. Does this kill battery life on the iphone? Not sure yet. But if you have a Mini, it can be used more with the iphone 6 just taking a smaller role because of iOS 8 features.

I think I still prefer the ease of using a smaller phone and the option to grab the Mini (or Air) when I want media, ipad apps, etc.

Plus it's worthwhile to have an ipad on your carrier plan. You can use that line to upgrade to a phone. Switch sims around, convert a phone plan to a cheaper ipad plan. I always get a subsidized phone every year on verizon and immediately convert that line to an ipad line.

At any time, I can buy a new iphone on contract. Sell or keep it. And then convert that line to an ipad or tablet which is 10 per month. Since the subsidy is 450 dollars, the 10 per month doesn't mean much.
    09-11-2014 08:38 AM
    I am buying the 64gb 6 debated on the 6+ but the cutout is huge. Got the 5s on contract so buying this year off contract then can get the larger one next year with the 6s+ if want the larger size. Also already purchased case off amazon so locked in now.
    09-11-2014 09:23 AM
    That jpf22456#im guy is just trying to stir the pot. Ignore him.
    wow, the Apple fan boys are sensitive. Hey, wait a min, between me, my wife, my daughter and my son, we have an ipad, 2 minis, 3 iphones, and an itouch. I guess I do have the right to an opinion.

get over it man. Not everyone is going to think the same way that you do. And guess what, you dont have to be offended when there is a different opinion. It is my opinion that the 6plus is too big. You dont see anyone getting upset with you, for thinking the 6plus is not too big. stop trying to stir things up. I like Apple products, but I will never understand why some apple fans take opinions so personally.
    billbrobaggins likes this.
    09-11-2014 09:26 AM
    for those of you thinking of the 6 plus. Here is a pdf with actual size that you can print and cut out. The 6s is like an ipad mini

http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/origi...7604557504.jpg
    I thought the mini was seven inches?

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    wow, the Apple fan boys are sensitive. Hey, wait a min, between me, my wife, my daughter and my son, we have an ipad, 2 minis, 3 iphones, and an itouch. I guess I do have the right to an opinion.

get over it man. Not everyone is going to think the same way that you do. And guess what, you dont have to be offended when there is a different opinion. It is my opinion that the 6plus is too big. You dont see anyone getting upset with you, for thinking the 6plus is not too big. stop trying to stir things up. I like Apple products, but I will never understand why some apple fans take opinions so personally.
    You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion. But the fact is, the "6s" doesn't yet exist. And the iPhone 6 Plus is not even close to the size of the iPad Mini.
    09-11-2014 09:35 AM
    The way I see it, the 6 plus is too big for a phone and too small and limited for a tablet in that it runs phone apps (not ipad apps designed for 8" or 10" screen at 4:3 aspect ratio).

Maybe we'll see split screen next year with iOS 9 for the plus. Something to make it more compelling.
    09-11-2014 09:46 AM
    The POINT I'm making is that ever since I had to buy TWO phones from Apple my life was a half second more complicated Nice try though. And YES I buy all iPhones just like I buy all Galaxy Notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's great to hear.
    09-11-2014 09:50 AM
    Like everyone else, I am also torn between the 6 and 6+. I think the 6+ may be too big, but I am worried I will regret my decision if I go with the 6. In addition, my wife is set on getting the 6+ and I don't want to have to see her phone everyday and be envious. HA!

FYI, the HTC One is 4.7" and the LG G3 is 5.5". I am going to go into my local Walmart and check out both. This should give a rough indication how each will look and feel. I think the paper cutouts can only provide a loose approximation.
    prospervic likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:06 AM
    Like everyone else, I am also torn between the 6 and 6+. I think the 6+ may be too big, but I am worried I will regret my decision if I go with the 6. In addition, my wife is set on getting the 6+ and I don't want to have to see her phone everyday and be envious. HA!

FYI, the HTC One is 4.7" and the LG G3 is 5.5". I am going to go into my local Walmart and check out both. This should give a rough indication how each will look and feel. I think the paper cutouts can only provide a loose approximation.
    If you're trying to get an idea of the 5.5" 6+, you might want to play with a Note 3 instead. The overall size of the G3 is smaller than the 6+ despite the same 5.5" screen due to much smaller bezel. The 6+ is actually slightly larger than the Note 3/4 despite a 0.2" smaller screen.
    iPhone 6 vs 6 plus-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410444964.451488.jpg
    Duvi likes this.
    09-11-2014 10:16 AM
    Last night I printed out Anandtech's PDF that gives the exact sizing of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which I then traced and cut out on thick cardboard to get a better feel in the hand than just thin paper. After messing around with both and placing them both in my pockets etc., I learned that...
    The 6 plus is just too big!

I wanted to love it and thought I'd be swayed by the larger screen, slightly better camera and slightly longer lasting battery but as I compared and held the cut outs in hand the 6 feels much better. The 6 feels a lot more ergonomic in the hand and is a lot more pocket friendly. I like to whip my phones out of my pocket and mess around with it in one hand and with the 6 plus that definitely won't be possible..at least for me. Looking at the hands on videos it appears that the 6 is also a nice increase in size from the 5 and I'm sure the 4.7" screen will be plenty big enough for me as a phone. Remember we also have our iPads.

Maybe next year when Apple reduces the huge bezel on the 6 Plus and it's more manageable in the hand I will consider it but as of now for me anyway it is too big and longggg for my liking. Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 for me. :big grin:

P.S. Also if you decide to put a case on the 6 Plus it will be monstrous! I'm out on that.
    cardfan and H_D like this.
    09-11-2014 10:48 AM
    If you're trying to get an idea of the 5.5" 6+, you might want to play with a Note 3 instead. The overall size of the G3 is smaller than the 6+ despite the same 5.5" screen due to much smaller bezel. The 6+ is actually slightly larger than the Note 3/4 despite a 0.2" smaller screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410444964.451488.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	64392
    A friend of mine has a Note 3, and on 2 occasions, I've grabbed it to get a sense of the size - it's gigantic compare to my 5.... I'm about 90% sure I'll be getting the 6 and not the 6 Plus... I can then splurge on the 128Gb 6, as it's the same price as a 64Gb 6 Plus... at least that's my logic at this point in time. Can change between now and 12am PDT
    09-11-2014 11:18 AM
    I think in order to ease the angst with deciding 6 vs. 6P. Keep in mind that we have 14 days to exchange the phone if you don't like what you get. So my strategy will be to order a 6P and if I don't like it exchange it for a 6. Of course the risk here is that if you need to exchange that the stock of the 6 could be out.
    09-11-2014 11:20 AM
    A cardboard cut out and various tests throughout the day helped make my decision as well. Wanted the 6+ but not practical for how I use my phone. And iPad is usually with me anyway.
    09-11-2014 11:21 AM
    the iPhone 6 64gb. I'd prefer the iPhone 6 128 gb but i'm on 64 now and I need to do other things with the money and pre announcement i'd already decided I'd drop down to 32gb. But since they are raising the storage I can live with 64gb. I need local storage too because i live near the ocean and many many places you simply can't get 3G signal let alone LTE and thus i can't rely on streaming from my google music account. Also i seem to be in an area where coverage just goes in and out and it's really annoying trying to listen to radio via tunein only to have it constantly buffering, then dropping out, then just your luck when you get a clear signal it's on commercial. Then you go inside a large store and 20 feet deep in the store it drops back out.

I won't touch the 6 plus. I've no interest in a large phone. The Galaxy Note is massive to me. It simply doesn't appeal to me. Honestly i'm on a 4s and it's not too small. I like the easy pocketability and i use it when working out and though heavy i manage. I don't know how it's gonna be with a 4.7 inch screen and damn i'm gonna need a new arm band. Regardless, i know some just want the largest device. Me, I'd prefer the trade off of a more convenient size so I'm going with the regular 6. I'm glad there is a choice though. That way everybody had something that works for them.
    I don't mind a small phone either, except my eyes are failing a bit. It's very difficult to read the new style printed text that looks like washed out light grey in color. Sometimes I can't read it at all, even zooming it. I don't "want" a big screen, I "need" one. Pocketability is also an issue. So unless I carry a man bag, it may be the 4.7". I also do a lot of photo work on my phone. The larger screen would be nice for that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-11-2014 11:31 AM
    Iphone 6, 64 gigs. I guess I have average sized hands and don't really want/like jumbo sized devices. That part is easy, now to decide between the gray or the silver, that's the hard question. lol
    09-11-2014 11:36 AM
    Iphone 6, 64 gigs. I guess I have average sized hands and don't really want/like jumbo sized devices. That part is easy, now to decide between the gray or the silver, that's the hard question. lol
    Space Gray vs Silver is easy. Do you want a white bezel or a black bezel?
    09-11-2014 11:49 AM
    Space Gray vs Silver is easy. Do you want a white bezel or a black bezel?
    Good point, guess i'm going with the Silver
    09-11-2014 11:56 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410444964.451488.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	64392
    Thank you for this... now i'm on the fence. I was holding the note 3 yesterday and didn't care for it too much. I have big hands, but I already carry 2-3 phones and having to put that and a galaxy in my pocket... not gonna work out.

I'm still getting both though.
    09-11-2014 12:11 PM
    That picture with the Note 3 worries me a lot.... I guess I could get use to handling the phone but my biggest concern is when I'm not using it, carrying it, pocket, etc
    Duvi likes this.
    09-11-2014 12:54 PM
    The iPhone 6+'s Ois and battery are tempting but the phone size isn't ideal for me. I have a retina mini and don't need a phone that big. The screen resolution to me is not that big of a deal my 5s screen isn't 720 and it's amazing. I'm going with the iPhone 6 silver 64 gig. I also have a old Motorola Razr HD laying around and the screen size and footprint is almost a perfect match to the iPhone 6, the size I perfect!!!
    09-11-2014 01:19 PM
    I'm hoping you are basing it on more than just the battery, which I imagine you are. Particularly since there's no real world testing to back those numbers presented. The most noticeable battery advantages of the 6+ vs 6 are standby time and talk time. I talk 20 minutes a month and my phone is seldom on standby lol. I'm no longer just handing the battery crown to the 6+.

Not than just the battery but the battery is a large part. IOS is also a big deal. But mainly, getting the 5.5 saves me spending money on the Note 4 which I was planning to get.

I'm on a big phone kind of mood.
    09-11-2014 01:21 PM
    For anybody on the fence about which 1 to get here is something to think about. I have an LG G2 which is about as big as I want to go.I got an invitation to get the OnePlus One. For the price and specs it is really a bargain. I got it and really wanted to like it but it is so goddamn big. I used it for like 10 days trying to get used to it but a phone that big is really pushing things. It had way better specs than my LG G2 and was beautifully made but I sold it and went back to my G2. I have been waiting for a bigger iPhone and will be getting the 6 but imho the 6+ will be too big for most people. Just my 2c
    Guacho likes this.
    09-11-2014 01:33 PM
    I think I'm fully committed to the iPhone 6 64 GB. Still have 8 days to change though
    09-11-2014 01:55 PM
    So I'll go with the iPhone 6. There's no point in ordering the plus because I already know it's too big. One handed use is a must not an option for me.
    Serious question: Under what circumstances is one-handed use necessary? It seems to me to be a preference-based requirement, which is fine, but I've yet to figure out a time where I can't easily use two hands. For me, it would just be changing some minor habits. Do you have any more specific perspective to share? Thanks.
    09-11-2014 02:45 PM
349 ... 678910 ...