I'm not 6'8" like Finn, but I do have very large hands. Here's my pics. The 6 plus is really big. But, the 6 doesn't seem much larger than my 5.

I may end up buying the 6 plus simply out of fear that I will regret it if I don't. But wow, it's big. Hope I adjust to it quickly.
    Attachment 64308Attachment 64309
    I can't even put into words how torn I am.
    On one hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it feels natural in the grip.
    On the other hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it doesn't seem like much of a bump compared to that big 5.5" screen.

Then there's battery, OIS and screen resolution. But then there's completely altering how I use and carry a phone.

I'm beginning to feel sick lol
    09-10-2014 10:07 PM
    I can't even put into words how torn I am.
    On one hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it feels natural in the grip.
    On the other hand, the 4.7" overall size is similar enough to the 5S that it doesn't seem like much of a bump compared to that big 5.5" screen.

Then there's battery, OIS and screen resolution. But then there's completely altering how I use and carry a phone.

I'm beginning to feel sick lol
    I'm in the same debacle as you. 4.7" is so much more one hand and pocket friendly, while the 5.5" screen has better battery life, OIS, and 401 ppi. I have always thought a 5.5" is too big, but this is having me reconsidering like crazy.
    nikkisharif and AB Lambert like this.
    09-10-2014 10:10 PM
    I feel bad cause I've been polluting various threads with my same redundant thoughts, but I've never been this torn.

That said, if this is our greatest life struggle, we are blessed and doing well 😉
    09-10-2014 10:12 PM
    Like many of you, I am torn, too. I was totally against any increase in size. Now I am strongly considering the iPhone 6 Plus.

Based on the cardboard cutouts, neither of the phones feel large or small in my hand. But dang, that 6 Plus looks huge laying on the desk.

The image stabilization if a key feature, as far as I am concerned, and I like the landscape mode that uses the iPad-like layouts for apps.

(signed) Flummoxed in Phoenix
    Last edited by HankAZ; 09-10-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-10-2014 10:19 PM
    OMG I thought I had made up my mind but after reading all these awesome points I'm again reconsidering the 6+! Ack!! I'm definitely doing this on Next with AT&T or else I wouldn't be able to buy at all this year. I'm leaning towards the + since I'm going to keep this phone for two years. But decisions decisions.

#conundrum
    09-10-2014 10:21 PM
    Hope the IOS apple app lets us pick ATT and doesn't force the contract option. Yes. Next is the way to go.
    09-10-2014 10:23 PM
    Hope the IOS apple app lets us pick ATT and doesn't force the contract option. Yes. Next is the way to go.
    The app does cause I tried it out and you can choose from contract or next.
    09-10-2014 10:24 PM
    Like many of you, I am torn, too. I was totally against any increase in size. Now I am strongly considering the iPhone 6 Plus.

Based on the cardboard cutouts, none of the phone feel large of small in my hand. But dang, that 6 Plus looks huge laying on the desk.

The image stabilization if a key feature, as far as I am concerned, and I like the landscape mode that uses the iPad-like layouts for apps.

(signed) Flummoxed in Phoenix
    I did the cardboard cutouts, and the 6+ doesn't feel massive in hand, but I'm worried about it being in my pocket. I don't want to have a feeling like holding a "skateboard in my pants" like Peter Cohen said, but the 6+ features are definitely drawing me in.

Another thing, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that, I usually wear cargo shorts or regular fitting jeans with larger pockets. I'm 6'3", so I don't know if my concerns are just paranoia or are actual concerns about it fitting in my pocket.
    09-10-2014 10:25 PM
    Ok. Good re: the app. As I was only able to get as far as picking device , finish and storage and the only ATT carrier option was "do you wish to replace this phone on my ATT account ". Was hoping the next step in the flow was contract or Next.
    09-10-2014 10:27 PM
    I did the cardboard cutouts, and the 6+ doesn't feel massive in hand, but I'm worried about it being in my pocket. I don't want to have a feeling like holding a "skateboard in my pants" like Peter Cohen said, but the 6+ features are definitely drawing me in.

Another thing, I don't wear skinny jeans or anything like that, I usually wear cargo shorts or regular fitting jeans with larger pockets. I'm 6'3", so I don't know if my concerns are just paranoia or are actual concerns about it fitting in my pocket.
    This is exactly where I am. I'm about 6 foot and wear normal fitting clothes. No tight fitting clothing here - I'm already built like a running back. I'm just worried my pockets won't fit the phone since I already have big legs. I'm definitely leaning towards the 6+ at this point. When I get ready for work tomorrow I'm going to see if one of these print outs fit in my work pants pocket. If it fits I think it'll be a sealed deal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Flow39 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-10-2014 10:38 PM
    This is exactly where I am. I'm about 6 foot and wear normal fitting clothes. No tight fitting clothing here - I'm already built like a running back. I'm just worried my pockets won't fit the phone since I already have big legs. I'm definitely leaning towards the 6+ at this point. When I get ready for work tomorrow I'm going to see if one of these print outs fit in my work pants pocket. If it fits I think it'll be a sealed deal.

I carried one around in my pocket today around the house and it fits, but I'm still skeptical of how it will feel with the actual device. Cardboard definitely doesn't weigh as much as the metal of the phone, so that's why I'm still concerned.
    09-10-2014 10:41 PM
    If you can adjust to taking the device out of your front pocket before you sit down, you'll be ok.
    09-10-2014 10:43 PM
    I carried one around in my pocket today around the house and it fits, but I'm still skeptical of how it will feel with the actual device. Cardboard definitely doesn't weigh as much as the metal of the phone, so that's why I'm still concerned.
    Good point. I'm definitely casing my phone - I've decided to go with the Otterbox Symmetry in black and a glass screen protector (either Zagg again or Otter). I know those will add a bit of weight to the device too. I'm thinking that sound be marginal though. Symmetry in black and a glass screen protector (either Zagg again or Otter). I know those will add a bit of weight to the device too. I'm thinking that sound be marginal though.

I'm also stuck on what color to get. I've had 4 iPhones on Verizon - all black. Not sure if I should continue that trend or mix it up and go with white?!

09-10-2014 10:43 PM
    Anyone else fortunate enough like to know exactly what they will be getting. Sorry to all those who or torn. I know the pain!
    09-10-2014 10:49 PM
    Regarding the 6+, being concerned about if it may/may not fit in one's pants pocket is a reasonable discussion, but, I think if you're a male and wear regular pants/jeans it should fit just fine.
    I'm more concerned about it's day to day usability, may or may not be feasible for everybody due to it's design logistics. I personally, never case it, so I'd always have a fear of it falling out of my pocket while trying to take it out. Also, one handed usage may not be the most comfortable experience on it.
    That said, I think Apple will be chopping off some bezel in the next iteration of the Plus variety(at least I'm hoping they do).
    So I'll be getting the iPhone 6 Space Grey.
    09-10-2014 11:02 PM
    Regarding the 6+, being concerned about if it may/may not fit in one's pants pocket is a reasonable discussion, but, I think if you're a male and wear regular pants/jeans it should fit just fine.
    I'm more concerned about it's day to day usability, may or may not be feasible for everybody due to it's design logistics. I personally, never case it, so I'd always have a fear of it falling out of my pocket while trying to take it out. Also, one handed usage may not be the most comfortable experience on it.
    That said, I think Apple will be chopping off some bezel in the next iteration of the Plus variety(at least I'm hoping they do).
    So I'll be getting the iPhone 6 Space Grey.
    Do you think it would affect how sitting would be? I don't want to have to sit all awkwardly just to have my phone fit comfortably in my pocket.
    09-10-2014 11:05 PM
    That would be me. It's the only reason I'm leaning towards the 6+.

Was the iPhone 5S & iPhone 5c really a hard decision for you?
    The POINT I'm making is that ever since I had to buy TWO phones from Apple my life was a half second more complicated Nice try though. And YES I buy all iPhones just like I buy all Galaxy Notes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2014 11:10 PM
    Do you think it would affect how sitting would be? I don't want to have to sit all awkwardly just to have my phone fit comfortably in my pocket.
    Fitting, sitting... too many damn problems this fruity company has created.
    09-10-2014 11:12 PM
    Fitting, sitting... too many damn problems this fruity company has created.
    lol I know right? First World Problems to the max
    09-10-2014 11:13 PM
    now im leaning to the 4.7
    09-10-2014 11:56 PM
    I think everything now will come down to personal preference. I hope to see Samsung lower their prices as I can see a lot of people switching to the iPhone 6 + instead of getting the Note 4. One of the big reasons to go for the Note 4 is unlike all other (smaller screened) Samsung devices, it will come in with 3 GB of RAM plus an MicroSD card unlike with the 6+ where you're forced to pay $100 more for each incremental storage upgrade eg. 16 to 32 to 64, etc. Samsung devices, at least in Canada are LOCKED even when bought at full retail at the Samsung store. With the iPhone, it's unlocked.

Most competitive smartphones now have their own pros and cons. However, for me, the 4.7 inch screen is too small and 16 GB is simply not adequate unless you have a small number of apps, you will run out of space quickly like I do and I am constantly removing and adding apps as need. Furthermore, many companies like Evernote are creating very bloated apps for iOS.
    09-10-2014 11:57 PM
    iPhone 6 plus 128gig.
    Can't decide on the color. No use getting gold since it'll be in a case 24/7 plus I have the gold 5s.
    Probably black.
    09-11-2014 12:01 AM
    I really want the 6+ and I don't care about the color
    09-11-2014 12:32 AM
    Despite the premium thread I started about the 6 plus, I don't want to alter the way I use an iPhone. So I'll go with the iPhone 6. There's no point in ordering the plus because I already know it's too big. One handed use is a must not an option for me.

Id be fine with the 5S but I've noticed some slight lag with iOS 8 gm. And I'd really like the faster LTE, wifi, and 128gb. Not to mention all the minor features.

If I want bigger I have an iPad which is pretty cool with iOS 8 and continuity and handoff.

The 6 plus would have to be more compelling. Run iPad (like) apps. Split screen apps. Or have an integrated stylus. Just something more. Maybe someday it will feel like it was made for iOS instead of an afterthought.

How many columns have we read about androids stretched apps for their bigger screens? And now apple seems to be doing the same? Is Apple fragmenting? Will we see apps made for plus? How will apps designed mostly for 4" screens translate? How will apps be designed going forward? I'd like to see how it goes and reevaluate next year.

Ps. I reserve the right to flip flop at any time. This is how I feel today...lol
    09-11-2014 07:10 AM
    I think if the bezel on the 6+ was reduced I'd choose it with zero hesitation. As it is, the extreme bezel and overall height has me thinking it's, dare I say it, unattractive 😳

All caveats apply. Just my opinion. Haven't seen it in person. Not hating, etc. Just coming to grips that that it's actually the 'front' of the 6+, not the back, that has me a bit turned off.

Edit: I need to straighten up. Until it's in my cold sweaty hands, passing judgement is premature and futile.
    I agree and I'm sure that's the way Apple will go in a couple of years. I still cant decide. My wife is going with the 4.7 so I'll probably just ordered the 5.5 and if it turns out too big I'll replace befofe two weeks.
    09-11-2014 07:31 AM
349 ... 56789 ...