Am I the only one not excited about a bigger iPhone?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't going to order an iP6 due to it's size. But for the last month or so I have been having reading my 5S so I did the "DEED". I'm having problems with my new glasses also so I guess getting old, just turned 60, is catching up to me. What a B*&%H.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was always praising the 4 and 4s as the "perfect size" phone, until I got my 5 and 5s. Now, to me, the 5s is the "perfect size". I am not too fond of bigger phones...many seem like someone is holding a tablet to their heads to make a call!!

That being said, when I do upgrade, I will test the 6 and 6+. As of now, I am pretty sure I would go with the 6, but who knows. Maybe the 6 will become my next "perfect size".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not liking big phones at all. Android pressure won this one. Boo-hoo.

This wasn't "Android pressure"...this was consumer demand, and the truth is, it's been building for years...Samsung (and other companies) jumped on the bigger screens first, Apple is typically more of a reserved decision making company, and they wait until the demand is full fledged and defined. This was where the consumer market was...not pressure from another operating system (which doesn't really make sense anyways).

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
No, lot of people are happy with the current 5S size. Nothing wrong with it.

It's your money and your phone, don't let people dictate what you should or should not use.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I rambled and ranted forever about never wanting a larger phone. I've been quite content with the size of the 5/5S. However, I've slowly warmed up to the idea of a larger phone, so now it sees perfectly fine. Good timing for Apple on my part.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the 5s is the right size, so I'm hanging on to mine for at least another year.

But we'll see. Maybe it'll turn out that the 6 is just right, or the 6 Plus truly impresses. (Envy that phone its battery life...)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am not that excited about bigger iPhone since I love the iPhone 5 size and form factor but I guess it is time for a change and maybe the 6 won't be as big but I feel the 6 plus is to big for my comfort

anon(5882673)

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Im keeping my 5s , the reason i have it is because of the small screen and the perfect one hand usage, for a 5.5 inch screen i rather go with a note. So im keeping my 5s. And the new iphone looks like the m8 ( which is a beautiful phone) but the iphone 6 just doesnt look right.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
4-4.3 my comfort zone. I'll given the 4.7 a good feel, next time around my 5 be outside the box and 5S year later so I may as well give iPhone 6 consideration now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5c and yes, it's form factor is great for the hand and the pocket, but it's the eye that matters most to me and it falls short there. I'm short sighted and if i'm wearing my contact lenses I can be struggling to see small text and objects on the screen.
When Apple launched the iPhone 5 two years ago I had suggested here then that Apple should be releasing a phone with a genuinely larger screen. I was assured by a majority that there was no need because the iPhone was already at a perfect size, even though it was the smallest in its class. The new phones may be too big for some, but there is now the choice for those who want an iPhone with a bigger screen.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm legally blind. I ordered the 5.5. I can't wait to read my phone without squinting or having to dig up reading glasses or use the clunky zoom feature. I too am one of the ones who would have left to try an android had apple not finally made a bigger screen. I know others who have left apple and are coming back because of the bigger screen.

I'm thrilled by the 5.5 inch screen and can't wait for mine to arrive.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I had my reservations too... but now I'm like 'screw that! Boarding the hype train.' It's easy to call somebody a bandwagoner, but it's even easier to become one yourself. Ordered my 6 and cant wait for Friday.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Im keeping my 5s , the reason i have it is because of the small screen and the perfect one hand usage, for a 5.5 inch screen i rather go with a note. So im keeping my 5s. And the new iphone looks like the m8 ( which is a beautiful phone) but the iphone 6 just doesnt look right.

It looks like a beautiful phone, but doesn't look right?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I don't like the look of the 6 as much as the 5s, but it still is a nice looking phone IMO. I used to hate the antenna bands until I learned of their purpose: NFC radios/ openings

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one? Or are there others?

I just find the iPhone 5s the perfect size for my needs, it?s perfect to use with one hand, perfect for any pocket on my jeans or on my shirts, I really don?t need a bigger screen, if I want something bigger then I go to my iPad Mini...

Anyone else?

Could not agree with you more, i had a dream last night and it was that apple's sales of the new iPhone 6 were drastically less than the iPhone 5s. I think that apple was swayed to much by the market and they were forced to produce a device that they were not designed to make. Apple continuously said over and over than 3.5 - 4.0 inches is the perfect size for a phone as its easy to hold and use. As many things in life, the first time you try something its bound to be a flop and only the 2nd or 3rd time round you get it right.

I think apple would have done much better if the made the iphone 6 around 4.3" inches and made the iPhone 6 Plus around 5.1" Inches. i think the iPhone 5s will still sell really well even when the new version is released. Im not sure what everyone else's view is about the back design but in my opinion it looks horrible. those 2 white lines at the top and bottom rant really that great. they should have stuck with the iPhone 5s design.

Anothing thing that apple have been too concerned about it how thin their devices are... WHY?? every single time they try to shave off tiny tiny amount of milli meters and whats the point? i rather have a iPhone 6 that is around 9.0mm in thickness and have a great battery size! as a result of this thinness the camera is now sticking out.

It looks like the iPhone is malnourished and now its rubs are sticking out. Please apple stop with this making everything so thin. no one like to hold a stick ey. leave some booty in the phone. to try even out this grant with positives, i do like the new features they have with the camera the 720p at 240fps is just crazy good. they have done a great job with that and also the 1080p at 60fps. this will defiantly help with movie smoothness.

All in all i think this was a test year for Apple to see if the bigger iPhones work or if next year the should release a iPhone 6s with 4.5" inches and have a iPhone 6XL with 5"1 inches.

Kind Regards Apple supporter :)

oroloi

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The 5s is a perfect size phone overall but prefer a slightly larger screen size. I'm going to buy the iPhone 6, don't mind the extra width but the extra 15mm in height :(

Happy with the 4.7in screen size

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods