Iphone 6 or Galaxy Note 4? Persuade me.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It's easy. If you want a reliable phone with a reliable os, then get the iPhone. If you want cheap junk with an unreliable os, then get the note. Or any other android phone.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hope to tell ya. And it's always the same scenario.
A) their first post
B) contains jabs at the iPhone that they believe are subtly hidden beneath the oh-so-sincere questioning
C) get their asses handed to them by members not fooled or in the mood for the bs
D) ends up being their only post
E) rinse and repeat

You guys.. so silly. You are correct in me being partial. Frankly i'm really surprised all of you got so upset. I was not trolling. Clearly all of you have chose the iPhone over other devices i'm just wondering why. It's humorous that all of you band together like I've just insulted your God. Not sure where I was negative about the iPhone (?) But being that this is an iPhone forum I figured someone would have good reason for picking one platform+device over the other. Perhaps 'persuade' wasn't the best word to use. Coming from a forum where there are multiple devices running the same platform i'm used to having these discussions. I've read plenty about both devices, I was looking for more subjective/anecdotal opinions.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Tell us everything you do, where and what you eat, where you live, what network you use, you travel preferences, how many friends you follow, your CC accounts, your bank accounts and everything else that is remaining and we will be able to predict the apps that you will have to use and if those apps are available on specific platforms. We will also do some statistical analysis and identify the confidence interval around those usage to give you a score and a recommendation on what you should buy.

Seriously, you think we can justify Apple v/s Everything Else or iPhone 6 v/s Note 4? You will get different results from different people. Everyone has their own preferences. At the end of the day you might get 50-50 results. How is this actually going to help you?

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys.. so silly. You are correct in me being partial. Frankly i'm really surprised all of you got so upset. I was not trolling. Clearly all of you have chose the iPhone over other devices i'm just wondering why. It's humorous that all of you band together like I've just insulted your God. Not sure where I was negative about the iPhone (?) But being that this is an iPhone forum I figured someone would have good reason for picking one platform+device over the other. Perhaps 'persuade' wasn't the best word to use. Coming from a forum where there are multiple devices running the same platform i'm used to having these discussions. I've read plenty about both devices, I was looking for more subjective/anecdotal opinions.

-I'll give you a reason then, since you seem genuine....I USED to be like you. Fickle with devices. Switching back and forth between OS'. Never satisfied....until I got the Galaxy S3 when it was released. Worst experience I've ever had with a cell phone. EVER. It was awful. After that, it was to the iPhone 5 and I've never, and will never look back. At this point, it is cliche to say that iPhones "just work" but it is the singular reason I am now an Apple devotee. My 5S, which I've been rocking since its release has never locked up, never shut down on its own. In short, it does every single thing I ask it to do, whenever I ask it to do it. I think everyone knows an Android devotee....and I've never met one that has told me that their device doesn't shut off at least sometimes, or needs reset periodically. I never have to do that with an iPhone. Never. In short, it's the perfect phone FOR ME. One more time.....it just works.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I feel like I have been here before.

I would focus (if not stated on other notes in forum) on the OS. If that is the case I would go with IOS. I am a big Windows Phone 8.1 fan and IOS has all the qualities I love about WP 8.1.

1) Performs perfectly
2) App feel like the are very well made
3) I felt that my GS3 Android had more Malware (virus) than PC
4) OS build quality is just there
5) Love the Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) approach makes the usability enjoyable
6) Feels like a real tool not a toy

A.B.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't "persuade" or "convince" anyone on what device they should get. And my God is not Apple. So I am naturally cautious when I read the following highlighted comments, or similar ones, in a post:

I owned the original Droid as my first smartphone. It was a real POS, especially compared to the iPhones of that generation. I currently own a LG G3 which I've swapped out four (4) times for warranty replacements. I will admit i'm a bit petty and i'm definitely a phone *****. I have no shame. I stuck with apple up thru the iPhone 5 and eventually just got...bored. I switched to a Note 2 at that time and fell in love. I've been through several devices since and with the new iPhone and Note coming out (and my lack of performing G3's) I will most likely end up with one of these devices.

I want to love the iPhone, I really do. The Note 4 is very impressive, and if the birth of the 5.5" iPhone 6 comes true i'm sure it will be a worthy opponent.

Can anyone out there convince me why I should consider the iPhone 6 5.5 over the Note 4?

I understand the 5.5" is speculation at this point. What does IOS8 offer that 4.4.4 doesn't?

Ever since I joined Mobile Nations forums back in 2009, when I read statements such as the highlighted above, especially when it's from the user of one platform coming into another platform's forum, I am cautious.

Experience teaches.

Convince me that I'm wrong. Because in your rebuttal post, you convinced me that my impression of your post being intended for something other than fact finding was actually correct. Especially when someone brings God into the conversation as anything other than a religious conversation.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Tell us everything you do, where and what you eat, where you live, what network you use, you travel preferences, how many friends you follow, your CC accounts, your bank accounts and everything else that is remaining and we will be able to predict the apps that you will have to use and if those apps are available on specific platforms. We will also do some statistical analysis and identify the confidence interval around those usage to give you a score and a recommendation on what you should buy.

Seriously, you think we can justify Apple v/s Everything Else or iPhone 6 v/s Note 4? You will get different results from different people. Everyone has their own preferences. At the end of the day you might get 50-50 results. How is this actually going to help you?

I said subjective/anecdotal, why are you so **** hurt?

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't "persuade" or "convince" anyone on what device they should get. And my God is not Apple. So I am naturally cautious when I read the following highlighted comments, or similar ones, in a post:

Ever since I joined Mobile Nations forums back in 2009, when I read statements such as the highlighted above, especially when it's from the user of one platform coming into another platform's forum, I am cautious.

Experience teaches.

Convince me that I'm wrong. Because in your rebuttal post, you convinced me that my impression of your post being intended for something other than fact finding was actually correct. Especially when someone brings God into the conversation as anything other than a religious conversation.

I'm not debating, and I certainly wouldn't say that replying with a rebuttal, I was clarifying the reason for the post. There is at least 5 threads on android central asking the same question. Not one person has been offended. At this point there has only been one person to answer the post.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay.... Android is trash and IOS is better. Did that persuade you? As many have stated, get what ever you like.

Ps, I was jk in my opening statement.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Experience teaches.

I'm not debating and I was not replying with a rebuttal, I was only clarifying the intent of my original post. I have only had two (2) legitimate responses, its a simple question really. There are several threads on android central asking the same question, in the same manner yet no one seems to be 8utt hurt over it. It was a legit question. If you dont want to answer it dont.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Okay.... Android is trash and IOS is better. Did that persuade you? As many have stated, get what ever you like.

Ps, I was jk in my opening statement.

really dude? I dont understand, if i knew any of you personally and were talking face to face you would come up with reasons to why you have chosen to carry an iPhone over any other device. I feel like i am being trolled. I don't think the other people were joking, it's interesting to me that people actually got upset over my original post.

the tall guy

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
The main reason I haven't considered the Note 4 is the fact that the UK version has the Snapdragon 805, with a 32-bit processor - I believe the US version is the same. With Android L due to be released in a few months, which will offer support for 64-bit processors it means the Note 4 won't be future proof. The iphone 5s is already running 64-bit.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
We're just saying that we can't tell you what is best for YOU. We could say why IOS is best for US, but it comes down to you want to get what works best for you. Also, an hour before the new iPhone(s) are released probably isn't the best time to have this convo. Sorry if what we've said has offended you! I'm sure nobody meant to do that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2