Wait for the 6s?

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Historically, the s models have been a significant upgrade. 3GS, 4s, & 5s.

The tech in me wants the big iPhone 6 NOW.

My brain is telling me to wait for the big iPhone 6s.

I don't think that I have the will power to wait. If I did, I wonder how long that would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
oh NO WAY I could wait. I'd collapse...

I think the larger screen is enough of an upgrade for me. The NFC.....meh.....never used it on any of my other devices. And we don't really know what they've done with the camera.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Dear god man, you don't want the 6s, wait for the 7, no the 7S, no the 8!

My point is that you would spend so much time chasing the numbers and less time enjoying the device. The 6 will be a huge jump up from the 5S, I can just feel it

Carpe diem, baby.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Buy the 6. When the 6s comes out, sell the 6. You can buy the 6s out of contract and it will be about the same price if you keep your 6 like new. I always do that. Selling my 5s for $450. Renewing my contract this year. iPhones retain their value well. Keep the box. Problem solved.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Historically, the s models have been a significant upgrade. 3Jesus, 4s, & 5s.

I don't think that I have the will power to wait. If I did, I wonder how long that would be.
They are all significant upgrades. Each year. The "s" model is no different than the non "s" model. There's something new every year. You could also wait for the iPhone 7.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Historically, the s models have been a significant upgrade. 3GS, 4s, & 5s.
The same can be said about the non-S model iPhones. The iPhone 6 will be technically better than the iPhone 5S. See my point?

Will you want the possibly named iPhone 7 when it arrives after waiting and buying the possibly named iPhone 6S? If so, you might as well get the iPhone that will be released in a week or so.

Probably September 2015.

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I "think" that I could be happy on a 2 year cycle with the s models. It's just that circumstances put me in the contract eligible upgrade now.

I currently have a 5s. If my contract said to wait another year, it wouldn't be a problem to wait for 6s.

I guess I'll just get the 6 and sell it if/when the a 6s grabs my attention.

I guess I was just trying to see how bad I wanted instant gratification.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I "think" that I could be happy on a 2 year cycle with the s models. It's just that circumstances put me in the contract eligible upgrade now.

I currently have a 5s. If my contract said to wait another year, it wouldn't be a problem to wait for 6s.

I guess I'll just get the 6 and sell it if/when the a 6s grabs my attention.

I guess I was just trying to see how bad I wanted instant gratification.

I understand, and we crave instant gratification, but we have to take a step back and govern instead of have by our desire for instant gratification govern us. Right now, tomorrow introduction of the next iPhone is all the hype, but what happens a couple of months from now when the hype wears off? Will you regret not waiting for the next iPhone? Tech blogs and enthusiasts will turn their attention on the next possible S model iPhone shortly after the iPhone 6 is released.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I understand, and we crave instant gratification, but we have to take a step back and govern instead of have by our desire for instant gratification govern us. Right now, tomorrow introduction of the next iPhone is all the hype, but what happens a couple of months from now when the hype wears off? Will you regret not waiting for the next iPhone? Tech blogs and enthusiasts will turn their attention on the next possible S model iPhone shortly after the iPhone 6 is released.

I am surprised they haven't started with talk of the 6S already, the 7 even!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised they haven't started with talk of the 6S already, the 7 even!

I hear you, and there are a few posts here mentioning a 6S and/or 7. We won't have to wait long before we start getting rumors, mockups, alleged accessories, etcetera. You know the drill...:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I hear you, and there are a few posts here mentioning a 6S and/or 7. We won't have to wait long before we start getting rumors, mockups, alleged accessories, etcetera. You know the drill...:)

There were some 6s rumors about a month ago, I think, in an article from some obscure tech website :)

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I just seen one on BGR! It's crazy it was like a month ago. It's so sad. Even though I will probably upgrade every year anyway!

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 6s with new A9 processor, Yum Yum.

Other than instant gratification, it "seems" the gen models, 3, 4, 5 were about form, and the "s" models were about function.

If the less popular rumor is true that the big screen isn't ready yet, how will that affect my drool for the the s model?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73