Historically, the s models have been a significant upgrade. 3GS, 4s, & 5s.

The tech in me wants the big iPhone 6 NOW.

My brain is telling me to wait for the big iPhone 6s.

I don't think that I have the will power to wait. If I did, I wonder how long that would be.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-08-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-08-2014 07:57 AM
    oh NO WAY I could wait. I'd collapse...

I think the larger screen is enough of an upgrade for me. The NFC.....meh.....never used it on any of my other devices. And we don't really know what they've done with the camera.
    09-08-2014 08:03 AM
    If Apple sticks to past release history probably about this time next year
    09-08-2014 08:06 AM
    I'd like to actually see the 6 before I start talking about the 6s
    09-08-2014 08:33 AM
    Dear god man, you don't want the 6s, wait for the 7, no the 7S, no the 8!

My point is that you would spend so much time chasing the numbers and less time enjoying the device. The 6 will be a huge jump up from the 5S, I can just feel it

Carpe diem, baby.
    09-08-2014 08:36 AM
    No way I'd wait. Can't wait. Won't wait.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-08-2014 10:15 AM
    Buy the 6. When the 6s comes out, sell the 6. You can buy the 6s out of contract and it will be about the same price if you keep your 6 like new. I always do that. Selling my 5s for $450. Renewing my contract this year. iPhones retain their value well. Keep the box. Problem solved.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    09-08-2014 10:41 AM
    Historically, the s models have been a significant upgrade. 3Jesus, 4s, & 5s.

I don't think that I have the will power to wait. If I did, I wonder how long that would be.
    They are all significant upgrades. Each year. The "s" model is no different than the non "s" model. There's something new every year. You could also wait for the iPhone 7.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    avital likes this.
    09-08-2014 11:47 AM
    I would go crazy waiting I can't. I upgrade every year anyway if the features are something that I can't go without.
    09-08-2014 11:51 AM
    The same can be said about the non-S model iPhones. The iPhone 6 will be technically better than the iPhone 5S. See my point?

Will you want the possibly named iPhone 7 when it arrives after waiting and buying the possibly named iPhone 6S? If so, you might as well get the iPhone that will be released in a week or so.

Probably September 2015.
    09-08-2014 12:46 PM
    I "think" that I could be happy on a 2 year cycle with the s models. It's just that circumstances put me in the contract eligible upgrade now.

I currently have a 5s. If my contract said to wait another year, it wouldn't be a problem to wait for 6s.

I guess I'll just get the 6 and sell it if/when the a 6s grabs my attention.

I guess I was just trying to see how bad I wanted instant gratification.
    09-08-2014 06:38 PM
    I "think" that I could be happy on a 2 year cycle with the s models. It's just that circumstances put me in the contract eligible upgrade now.

I currently have a 5s. If my contract said to wait another year, it wouldn't be a problem to wait for 6s.

I guess I'll just get the 6 and sell it if/when the a 6s grabs my attention.

I guess I was just trying to see how bad I wanted instant gratification.
    I understand, and we crave instant gratification, but we have to take a step back and govern instead of have by our desire for instant gratification govern us. Right now, tomorrow introduction of the next iPhone is all the hype, but what happens a couple of months from now when the hype wears off? Will you regret not waiting for the next iPhone? Tech blogs and enthusiasts will turn their attention on the next possible S model iPhone shortly after the iPhone 6 is released.
    09-08-2014 07:22 PM
    I understand, and we crave instant gratification, but we have to take a step back and govern instead of have by our desire for instant gratification govern us. Right now, tomorrow introduction of the next iPhone is all the hype, but what happens a couple of months from now when the hype wears off? Will you regret not waiting for the next iPhone? Tech blogs and enthusiasts will turn their attention on the next possible S model iPhone shortly after the iPhone 6 is released.
    I am surprised they haven't started with talk of the 6S already, the 7 even!
    09-08-2014 07:24 PM
    I am surprised they haven't started with talk of the 6S already, the 7 even!
    I hear you, and there are a few posts here mentioning a 6S and/or 7. We won't have to wait long before we start getting rumors, mockups, alleged accessories, etcetera. You know the drill...
    SpasticPat likes this.
    09-08-2014 07:31 PM
    I hear you, and there are a few posts here mentioning a 6S and/or 7. We won't have to wait long before we start getting rumors, mockups, alleged accessories, etcetera. You know the drill...
    There were some 6s rumors about a month ago, I think, in an article from some obscure tech website
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-08-2014 07:34 PM
    I just seen one on BGR! It's crazy it was like a month ago. It's so sad. Even though I will probably upgrade every year anyway!
    Flow39 likes this.
    09-08-2014 07:36 PM
    There were some 6s rumors about a month ago, I think, in an article from some obscure tech website
    Crazy, isn't it...
    09-08-2014 07:42 PM
    I just seen one on BGR! It's crazy it was like a month ago. It's so sad. Even though I will probably upgrade every year anyway!
    Wow, I didn't know it was from BGR! I thought it was from unheard of website. Apparently not
    09-08-2014 07:45 PM
    When I said it I googled it and it popped up
    09-08-2014 08:00 PM
    iPhone 6s with new A9 processor, Yum Yum.

Other than instant gratification, it "seems" the gen models, 3, 4, 5 were about form, and the "s" models were about function.

If the less popular rumor is true that the big screen isn't ready yet, how will that affect my drool for the the s model?
    09-09-2014 06:41 AM
    I have bought all the iPhones since 2007 so I think I will continue with the trend.
    09-09-2014 09:33 AM

Get what you need, when you need it.. Technology will always progress.. if you wait, you'll always be waiting for the next big thing...
    09-09-2014 09:38 AM
    I've always been on the "s" replacement cycle, but I missed the 5S because my 4S was working flawlessly. Now, it's freezing up, and I'm always out of space. I'm tired of that, but I think I can struggle through one more year. Grrr. Plus, no money.
    09-09-2014 10:19 AM
    I would wait on the 6s and move to the iPhone 7 (LOL). Of course after using my iPhone 6 for a while.

A.B.
    09-09-2014 10:22 AM
    I've always been on the "s" replacement cycle, but I missed the 5S because my 4S was working flawlessly. Now, it's freezing up, and I'm always out of space. I'm tired of that, but I think I can struggle through one more year. Grrr. Plus, no money.
    I am the same as you. I have the 4S and was on the "s" cycle because I believed it was the one "out of beta" and better (similarly to getting every other version of Windows OS).

Now I couldn't afford the 5 version, so I still have my 4S, and my sound only half works on my 4S, and I still cannot afford the 6, but am inclined to put it in a credit card, but then again, can I wait another year without sound for the more stable version?

What to do!
    09-09-2014 11:36 AM