APPLE iPHONE 6 ANNOUNCEMENT RUINED?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm off by .40.....I think by border collie got up there and used the money for a stuffy......

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

You blame it on the dog but we all know you actually bought some Nilla Wafers! 😜

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The announcement ruined over that? lol

I don't get it either. It can't be ruined if it isn't the official thing. Now if it was a situation like the iPhone 4, I could see how it could kind of be ruined, but this isn't big enough to ruin the keynote for the iPhone 6 IMO

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't get it either. It can't be ruined if it isn't the official thing. Now if it was a situation like the iPhone 4, I could see how it could kind of be ruined, but this isn't big enough to ruin the keynote for the iPhone 6 IMO

Even if it turns out to be the official device, I don't see the announcement being ruined or spoiled.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even if it turns out to be the official device, I don't see the announcement being ruined or spoiled.

I agree, and besides, those of us who frequent tech forums and tech blogs are minuscule in comparison to the people who do not. I'd argue that the majority of consumers have yet to see a mockup or leaked image of the next iPhone so having said that, Apple's Keynote will still be a big event and a large quantity of people will be excited about the new device(s) that will be presented.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree, and besides, those of us who frequent tech forums and tech blogs are minuscule in comparison to the people who do not. I'd argue that the majority of consumers have yet to see a mockup or leaked image of the next iPhone so having said that, Apple's Keynote will still be a big event and a large quantity of people will be excited about the new device(s) that will be presented.

All the people who aren't the tech blog/forum frequents like us have no clue as to how it'll look, like you said.

Side story: I was talking to someone about the 6 and showed them some rear shell leaks and display leaks and part, but they told me I didn't know what I was talking about. They told me the iPhone 6 was going to be completely transparent with a wraparound display made entirely of sapphire. I laughed after they left because of how disappointed they are going to be after they see it won't have all the features they thought it would. A majority of the people who think they "know" about the next iPhone just look up the dumb concept videos on YouTube and take it like it's completely factual haha :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All the people who aren't the tech blog/forum frequents like us have no clue as to how it'll look, like you said.

Side story: I was talking to someone about the 6 and showed them some rear shell leaks and display leaks and part, but they told me I didn't know what I was talking about. They told me the iPhone 6 was going to be completely transparent with a wraparound display made entirely of sapphire. I laughed after they left because of how disappointed they are going to be after they see it won't have all the features they thought it would. A majority of the people who think they "know" about the next iPhone just look up the dumb concept videos on YouTube and take it like it's completely factual haha :)

Wow,...(laughing)

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Nothing's ruined for me because I wasn't waiting on some launch day surprise. The 4s was leaked, the 5s was leaked, that OS7 was going flat and white was leaked, ios 8 was leaked that it had the fit apps. Other than being surprised from a business standpoint that Apple can't keep a secret like it could before I'm not looking for surprise. I don't normally live stream announcements. I've never watched a keynote. I don't wait in line for phones ever. I mean i went to an apple store a few days after the iphone 5s launch and walked right past a line outside into a store because i wanted to use the computers. Dude copped an attitude like i needed to wait. I wasn't waiting with those people buying phones and i just stood their like go call the mall police and kick me out but i'm not waiting in that fricken line to walk into your store.

Regardless they all get leaked. I'm used to it if it's real. If it's not real, then that's fine too. Well unless it's uglier.

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Yeah my brother also told me how it was going to be completely transparent and have a hologram keyboard.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
lol Ruined. No one knows besides the people doing the announcing what we're going to actually see.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The MOST hilarious thing I've read lately is one person who claimed that people who stand up in iPhone lines are doing so in a cultist mentality with no knowledge of what they're getting.

I posted last year's announcement from YouTube.

Really, the irrational anti Apple hatred and just J E A L O U S Y that I find from fanbois of other platforms is just beyond ridiculous.

Can you believe it???? To say that people lining up three days ahead don't know what they're getting and they're no life cultists??????

OK - formal announcement from Apple showing the device and the features, announcement of when it goes on sale, new iOS released simultaneously worldwide to EVERYONE, extensive worldwide media coverage, launch event available online, and this person CLAIMS that people don't know what they're getting?!?!!???

Seriously....some fanbois are just hilarious....

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The MOST hilarious thing I've read lately is one person who claimed that people who stand up in iPhone lines are doing so in a cultist mentality with no knowledge of what they're getting.

I posted last year's announcement from YouTube.

Really, the irrational anti Apple hatred and just J E A L O U S Y that I find from fanbois of other platforms is just beyond ridiculous.

Can you believe it???? To say that people lining up three days ahead don't know what they're getting and they're no life cultists??????

OK - formal announcement from Apple showing the device and the features, announcement of when it goes on sale, new iOS released simultaneously worldwide to EVERYONE, extensive worldwide media coverage, launch event available online, and this person CLAIMS that people don't know what they're getting?!?!!???

Seriously....some fanbois are just hilarious....

Those aren't even some of the worst I've seen. There are way worse comments out there, but this is the average mentality of all Apple haters :)

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing new. Once people figure out the supply chain and know exactly the flow of BOM they can track people like these who would disclose whatever for some fame or money (who knows). I think that is where the iWatch is different. Lot of speculations but no one knows the supply chain of the same. Some leaks here and there but my bet is that most people didn't see that coming.

As always, I will be following the keynote on multiple avenues. iMore being one of them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen