Case for the "6"

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Silicone is the same. I like that it's slim. When I want/need more protection I go with the speck candy shell grip

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm no longer using my Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal. I wanted to love it since I love the Neo Hybrid I had on my 5S. But it's just too boxy. It doesn't follow the curves of the 6 at all. The buttons are super hard to press and getting to the vibrate switch is difficult. I don't keep my fingernails super short so I don't know how anyone without nails is reaching it. Now I could live with these flaws, but this case has a fatal one. It blocks the signal for me. I was hoping it wasn't true, because I wanted to love it. I love the high end feel of the aluminum. It feels so nice to touch. I was hoping to love it enough to get it another in the Metal Blue. But alas it isn't meant to be. I think Spigen needs to tweak their cases now that phones are available.

Now I'm using an Incipio NGP in Translucent Neon Pink. This is my first Incipio case and I absolutely adore it. A Twitter friend has one so I took his recommendation along with an extensive article from The Wirecutter. It's so slim and it follows the curves beautifully. The polymer is very firm. The Neo Hybrid's TPU is quite soft in comparison. It fits well and the sides don't really pull away from the phone. I don't think it's going to stretch out over time. The buttons are easy to press and I can flip the vibrate switch with ease. I like the translucent back. When I was trying it out I could even see the edges of the cut up screen protector I put over the  to protect it in Neo Hybrid Metal. The port cut outs are well sized. I have no problems plugging in my my third party cables. I can also dock my phone in my EverDock Duo. I couldn't do that with the Neo Hybrid Metal. FŪZ Designs was going to 3D print me another adapter that would raise the Lightning cable. But the standard as adapter works fine with the thin silicone. In conclusion the NGP is everything I wanted the Apple case to be. I love this case so much I'm probably going to get another in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I've used the Otter Box commuter series case which does a nice job protecting the phone but it is too bulky for me so I got the Apple Silicone case which is a much slimmer one. I prefer the Apple case but will still use the Otter Box when I travel as it completely protects all faces of the phone including the ports.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Been searching forever to find the right case. I've had, no less than 5 different cases since the 6 came out and they all had something I didn't quite dig about them. Finally ponied up and got the Apple leather case in black. Unless you're clumsy and need super solid protection, there's really no need to get another case. Apple wins again.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Been searching forever to find the right case. I've had, no less than 5 different cases since the 6 came out and they all had something I didn't quite dig about them. Finally ponied up and got the Apple leather case in black. Unless you're clumsy and need super solid protection, there's really no need to get another case. Apple wins again.

I love the feel of the case also. The only thing that concerns me is the bottom being exposed. If it hits just right it will be dinged or scratched. Wish apple would of kept the bottom closed like last yrs version for the 5s. That's why I prefer the spigen cases or even the ZooGue.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
For those of you with both the Apple Silicone and leather cases, which do you prefer overall? I want to get another Apple case, but I can't decide on which because they are both really good. :)

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with both the Apple Silicone and leather cases, which do you prefer overall? I want to get another Apple case, but I can't decide on which because they are both really good. :)

I've had both and much prefer the leather. I never use the silicone anymore.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I got my white Tech21 mesh case and I really like it. It is pretty much the same case as the Tech21 check case in blue that I have. The differences are the camera opening is slightly smaller on the mesh case and the mesh case is easier to take off and put on than the check case and this is because the check case overlaps onto the screen just slightly more than the mesh case. Both are great cases though.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it slippery at all?
I have the same one.

It's a bit slick as the surface doesn't have any texture, but it's still a 'rubbery' material that is easy to hold -- I haven't had any issues with dropping it. Probably my favorite case so far, especially on a white/silver iPhone.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
JBaby_9783, after reading your review and the Wirecutter article I ordered an NGP from amazon. I got it today and I really like it, it's going to be my daily driver from now on. I have the leather case also and really liked it but it is pretty hard to take off and I like to take my cases off about once a week to clean out any dirt but you really can't beat the feel of that leather case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73