Case for the "6"

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the speck candy shell cases?

I've never had a speck case before & I found a white one I'm interested in but wanted some feedback for the case experts here :)

Are those cases hard to take on & off? I'd like to be able to occasionally change (or just clean) my case, but don't like cases that are super tough to take off. Any experience with the Speck candy shells?

I've had them in the past. Good cases and not hard to take off or put on, but the plastic is shiny and scratches very easily

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had them in the past. Good cases and not hard to take off or put on, but the plastic is shiny and scratches very easily

Thanks! The scratching is something to consider. I was looking into getting a white case saw them at best buy.

They are pretty shiny, which I would be fine with if it wasn't prone to scratching easily.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! The scratching is something to consider. I was looking into getting a white case saw them at best buy.

They are pretty shiny, which I would be fine with if it wasn't prone to scratching easily.

Well the white wouldn't be so bad. The black that I've had were terrible after about a week or two.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Well the white wouldn't be so bad. The black that I've had were terrible after about a week or two.

This is my first time having a white phone & wanted a white case to go with it, just a smooth, clean look. The apple case would be cool, but for protection purposes, I need something more.

I guess I can try the speck case & see how it works out. I know most of theses companies have a warranty.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time having a white phone & wanted a white case to go with it, just a smooth, clean look. The apple case would be cool, but for protection purposes, I need something more.

I guess I can try the speck case & see how it works out. I know most of theses companies have a warranty.

You'll get a lot of recommendations but I personally would suggest going by your local corporate AT&T store and checking out the pelican pro gear protector case (not the voyager)...I have that in white/black and love it. It's not shiny plastic and would be plenty of protection should it be dropped.

http://www.pelican.com/mobile/product.php?Case=C02000

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
You'll get a lot of recommendations but I personally would suggest going by your local corporate AT&T store and checking out the pelican pro gear protector case (not the voyager)...I have that in white/black and love it. It's not shiny plastic and would be plenty of protection should it be dropped.

Pelican ProGear™ProtectorPhoneCase for iPhone® 6(C02000)

Cool, thanks!! I actually haven't checked out the cases at at&t yet. That case looks slim & I prefer that material to the plastic!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the speck candy shell cases?

I've never had a speck case before & I found a white one I'm interested in but wanted some feedback for the case experts here :)

Are those cases hard to take on & off? I'd like to be able to occasionally change (or just clean) my case, but don't like cases that are super tough to take off. Any experience with the Speck candy shells?

I've used Speck Candyshell cases for years. They are my favorite cases. I have a white iPhone as well and this is my current Candyshell. I love it. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413240340.459954.jpg

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
im having bad luck with cases so far, My New Trent case if you seen my post couple pages back broke already, the screen protectors came out (the clear case ). My otterbox defender the rubber plugs are tearing off im having horrible luck :(

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the leather apple case? I was thinking of getting a black one for my space grey iPhone when it comes in the mail.

I think the Apple leather case is absolutely beautiful and sleek and does the best job of showcasing this gorgeous phone.

However, the bottom of the phone isn't covered and the case is thin so I'm not quite sure how shock absorbent it is supposed to be or how well it will protect against drops (although I've read some posts that mention a few drops without damage to the phone) and if the phone happens to hit on the bottom, then the phone is bound to get nicks and scratches and who knows what could happen to the screen. I normally never worry about dropping my phones because mine are usually attached to lanyards but since there is no bottom on this case, there are also no cutouts to attach the lanyard loop.

Lastly, many find that the leather case is so sleek that it can be quite slippery at times which could be a problem with the new bigger phones since we are all still getting used to holding on to them. ;) Some people opt for the Apple silicone case because it offers the same sleek look but with a grippier feel.

It just really depends on your job and daily activities and if you plan to use it as your main case. Then you can decide if the case is for you. I suggest looking at one in person if you haven't already and seeing if the case feels right in your hand. :)

I know I won't be using my leather case very much except probably for dressier occasions where my phone would be safely tucked away in my purse anyway. It will also be backup for my husband in case anything happens to his leather case. :)

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
im having bad luck with cases so far, My New Trent case if you seen my post couple pages back broke already, the screen protectors came out (the clear case ). My otterbox defender the rubber plugs are tearing off im having horrible luck :(

Call Otterbox and get that thing replaced. Usually no questions and they replace it free.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the Apple leather case is absolutely beautiful and sleek and does the best job of showcasing this gorgeous phone.

However, the bottom of the phone isn't covered and the case is thin so I'm not quite sure how shock absorbent it is supposed to be or how well it will protect against drops (although I've read some posts that mention a few drops without damage to the phone) and if the phone happens to hit on the bottom, then the phone is bound to get nicks and scratches and who knows what could happen to the screen. I normally never worry about dropping my phones because mine are usually attached to lanyards but since there is no bottom on this case, there are also no cutouts to attach the lanyard loop.

Lastly, many find that the leather case is so sleek that it can be quite slippery at times which could be a problem with the new bigger phones since we are all still getting used to holding on to them. ;) Some people opt for the Apple silicone case because it offers the same sleek look but with a grippier feel.

It just really depends on your job and daily activities and if you plan to use it as your main case. Then you can decide if the case is for you. I suggest looking at one in person if you haven't already and seeing if the case feels right in your hand. :)

I know I won't be using my leather case very much except probably for dressier occasions where my phone would be safely tucked away in my purse anyway. It will also be backup for my husband in case anything happens to his leather case. :)

Some people have said that over a period of time the Apple case becomes more grippy. let me know if you find that to be true.if you do, I think I'm going to pick up the midnight blue one this time instead of the red one. Although I think the red looks awesome with the white iPhone.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Some people have said that over a period of time the Apple case becomes more grippy. let me know if you find that to be true.if you do, I think I'm going to pick up the midnight blue one this time instead of the red one. Although I think the red looks awesome with the white iPhone.

Yes, I think that's definitely true. My husband had his leather case on for a while (before we found the Tech21 Tactical case) and his phone seemed a bit easier to hold after time. I think the Apple leather case would well work for you and you will like the midnight blue one a lot. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative