Case for the "6"

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought you got the 6!!! Traitor...lol

LOL! We actually haven't received any phones yet! We originally were getting the 6's but since we have to wait to have them shipped anyway, we went for the 6+'s. We now have 4 "6" cases and 2 "6+" cases but no phones. *Le sigh*

Actually found the 6+ available for personal pickup (at 1am!) at an Apple store near us last week. Got a reservation and email and everything. But long sad story short, there was a glitch in the system and the reservation didn't materialize on the store's end, and I had to re-order my phone online and got my date pushed back a bit!
😡 <-- pouting emoji

We can't find the 6+'s anywhere but there are 6"s around. So if I can't wait for the 6+ to ship, we may end up back in this club after all! 😜

Last edited:

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Feels really thin
[ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411868544.412943.jpgATTACH]66541[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411868528.603571.jpg

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411868518.649203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411868518.649203.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 84

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL! We actually haven't received any phones yet! We originally were getting the 6's but since we have to wait to have them shipped anyway, we went for the 6+'s. We now have 4 "6" cases and 2 "6+" cases but no phones. *Le sigh*

Actually found the 6+ available for personal pickup (at 1am!) at an Apple store near us last week. Got a reservation and email and everything. But long sad story short, there was a glitch in the system and the reservation didn't materialize on the store's end, and I had to re-order my phone online and got my date pushed back a bit!
😡 <-- pouting emoji

We can't find the 6+'s anywhere but there are 6"s around. So if I can't wait for the 6+ to ship, we may end up back in this club after all! 😜

Well at least you are prepared LOL. I made a delivery kind of close to my house last Tuesday, so I swung by and picked up my phone.I am very happy with the 6. There is nothing that the 6+ can do that my 6 can't on a date today basis. Plus, it's much easier to handle one-handed. as far as cases go, I'm very particular about how the bottom of a case is made.many times when I'm holding the phone, it is resting on my pinky finger. And some cases at the bottom have openings that scratch my finger. Or are uncomfortable. That's why I like the Speck Candyshells. So all in all, this phone and this case is working out really well for me.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
From a practical point, wouldn't a flip case be best solution? It would protect the phone from impacts, and it would protect the screen while the phone is in your pocket or bag?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just work it off from the bottom edges first and phone comes out no problem. I have that $15 TPU clear case from Best Buy made by Insignia people have mentioned and I'm returning it. I don't think the back is thick enough (I'm just worried about my camera lens getting scratched lol).

I think it's good. Just not quite sure it has as much drop protection as I'd like. Just got a Tech21 Tactical. Sides are good but the screen is more or less flush with a glass screen protector. I still like it a lot tho.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So I wasn't able to find a Tech 21 Tactical Case but I did find a Tech 21 Clear Check at Verizon (plus got 25% off). I'm a HUGE fan. It adds just enough grip, is low profile and won't get scratched up like normal clear case. Great buy.

Got the Impact Shell in smoke. Is the Clear Check the one with orange sides? Thought about that but couldn't pull the trigger. If it was something other than orange then maybe. :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Well at least you are prepared LOL. I made a delivery kind of close to my house last Tuesday, so I swung by and picked up my phone.I am very happy with the 6. There is nothing that the 6+ can do that my 6 can't on a date today basis. Plus, it's much easier to handle one-handed. as far as cases go, I'm very particular about how the bottom of a case is made.many times when I'm holding the phone, it is resting on my pinky finger. And some cases at the bottom have openings that scratch my finger. Or are uncomfortable. That's why I like the Speck Candyshells. So all in all, this phone and this case is working out really well for me.

Yay! Glad that the 6 is working well for you & you didn't have to wait until the 2nd after all! :) And it probably fits great in your holder set-up too!

I think the 6+ will be perfect for me. I really want to utilize that big screen! And I don't type one-handed but sometimes if I am just reading and scrolling, I will hold the phone with one hand. I do the pinky thing too but instead of the bottom, I brace the phone with side of my index finger on the top front lip and the back of my pinky on the lip near the bottom of the case. So a grippy smooth/flat cushioned lip is even more favorable for me for more than just the screen "face-down" protection factor. I'm sure I'll be able to "brace" the 6+ the same way, will just have to balance it a little differently. ;)

Specks have that great rubberized lip and will always have a special place in my heart (queue hubby's "girlie-scream Prius testimonial") for fantastic protection and style but the Tech21 edges/lips are even smoother/flatter/more cushiony (although not as raised as the Specks) and are overall grippier for me. :)

Got our 5's Tech21 Impact Mesh cases at Apple but I'm really hoping that AT&T carries the Tech21 line soon since Verizon and T-Mo already have them. They do carry the Bodyguardz Pure Glass screen protectors and put them on for you so we're good there. Expected iPhone delivery is in 3-4 weeks 😳 from Apple so AT&T should have the Tech21's by then if they do end up carrying them.

Stay safe out on the road! And enjoy that shiny new phone! :)

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Yay! Glad that the 6 is working well for you & you didn't have to wait until the 2nd after all! :) And it probably fits great in your holder set-up too!

I think the 6+ will be perfect for me. I really want to utilize that big screen! And I don't type one-handed but sometimes if I am just reading and scrolling, I will hold the phone with one hand. I do the pinky thing too but instead of the bottom, I brace the phone with side of my index finger on the top front lip and the back of my pinky on the lip near the bottom of the case. So a grippy smooth/flat cushioned lip is even more favorable for me for more than just the screen "face-down" protection factor. I'm sure I'll be able to "brace" the 6+ the same way, will just have to balance it a little differently. ;)

Specks have that great rubberized lip and will always have a special place in my heart (queue hubby's "girlie-scream Prius testimonial") for fantastic protection and style but the Tech21 edges/lips are even smoother/flatter/more cushiony (although not as raised as the Specks) and are overall grippier for me. :)

Got our 5's Tech21 Impact Mesh cases at Apple but I'm really hoping that AT&T carries the Tech21 line soon since Verizon and T-Mo already have them. They do carry the Bodyguardz Pure Glass screen protectors and put them on for you so we're good there. Expected iPhone delivery is in 3-4 weeks 😳 from Apple so AT&T should have the Tech21's by then if they do end up carrying them.

Stay safe out on the road! And enjoy that shiny new phone! :)

The Otterbox holster is too small for the 6, so I had to manufacture my own lol. I will hit the Verizon, AT&T and Best Buy stores with my daughter when I'm home to see if we can find one of those Tech21 cases. Might have to find a PYT to take with us!!
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411938120.573753.jpg

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
^Tech21 cases are the best! Still waiting for the tactical or smokey cases to come out for the 6+.

I completely agree!! I had an Impact Mesh in Smoke (eventually clear too because they sent me the wrong replacement color when they changed the bottom from 1 opening to 3) and it was one of my favorites!! This case is great - low profile and protective!

Got the Impact Shell in smoke. Is the Clear Check the one with orange sides? Thought about that but couldn't pull the trigger. If it was something other than orange then maybe. :)

They all actually have orange sides (it's just easier to see in the clear than the other colors). I don't mind the orange - the clear is a nice change of pace (and won't scratch like the hard plastic cases).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They all actually have orange sides (it's just easier to see in the clear than the other colors). I don't mind the orange - the clear is a nice change of pace (and won't scratch like the hard plastic cases).

I'm aware of that but it's a lot more noticeable on a clear case. If you look at my smoke one, you wouldn't say it's an orange case. If you look at the clear, you would.

:)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm aware of that but it's a lot more noticeable on a clear case. If you look at my smoke one, you wouldn't say it's an orange case. If you look at the clear, you would.

:)

Oh heck yeah it's more noticeable. I had both the smoke and the clear. I think I liked the smoke better on my black iPhone and the clear better on my white one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh heck yeah it's more noticeable. I had both the smoke and the clear. I think I liked the smoke better on my black iPhone and the clear better on my white one.
I like the smoke but did debate.... sticking point being the orange. Smoke looks good with the contrast on white but now you have me wondering ;) The guy at Best Buy did say he has a hard time selling the clear because of the orange and he also said what you did - the smoke tends to be more popular with black.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for someone who has experience with lifeproof cases. I have the Silver iPhone and am growing tired of the white face. If I buy the black lifeproof case, Would any white show through around the screen? I know it's not available yet but I'm guessing that it should have about the same coverage as the 5s case.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have an Otterbox Symmetry? Was thinking about rounding off my case trifecta with the "Blue Print" color. I've seen complaints it's not the blue they show on the site, it's more teal (if that's true I'm going to pass on it).

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The Incipio NGP is growing on me. Thin, good protection, good feel, and doesn't break the bank. I smoothed the edges (mold marks) for same refined feel as Apple case but more protection at half the price.

The .04 mm Spigen I got is interesting but not practical.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2