Case for the "6"

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered two of them. The red one and the white one lol. I am presuming it is the back that is made of poly carbonate and that CH or the bumper is what is made of TPU. THE OTTERBOX COMMUTER outside shell is made of poly carbonate I believe and they were always too slippery for my liking. I am hoping this case is not like that.

Actually the back is the grippy, rubbery, textured TPU which covers the entire phone like a silicone case but then the outer bumper part is the polycarbonate. But not slippery at all when in your hand because of the entire back being the grippy TPU. And the polycarbonate by itself is smooth but not very slippery.

Hope that made sense?

Here's a pic of the case with the outer bumper separated:

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410892050.084414.jpg

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that made no sense at all LOL, i'm kidding. It made perfect sense and therefore I can see why it will be very grippy. I don't know what the Speck CandyShell is made of on the outside (it feels like smooth hard plastic) but for some reason it is very grippy. I think the Spigen Will be just fine. Thank you for all of your help. Hell, I am a truck driver and I won't even get home until October 2. So I won't even get to play with my new phone and new cases until then lol.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Now that made no sense at all LOL, i'm kidding. It made perfect sense and therefore I can see why it will be very grippy. I don't know what the Speck CandyShell is made of on the outside (it feels like smooth hard plastic) but for some reason it is very grippy. I think the Spigen Will be just fine. Thank you for all of your help. Hell, I am a truck driver and I won't even get home until October 2. So I won't even get to play with my new phone and new cases until then lol.

You're so welcome! :)

Love Speck too! Do you mean the Speck Candyshells with the satin finish that are grippy? I have regular Candyshells and those are slippery to me. But I use a lanyard so slipperiness isn't really a big deal. We also had Speck CS grips and flips for our 5's.

Here's a blast from the past Speck testimonial:

My husband was getting out of the car, his 4S fell off his lap, skidded face down into the street and was promptly run over by a Prius's passenger side front and back tires. Ka-thump. Ka-thump. I was still getting out of the car while this was all happening and had no idea what was going on until I heard my husband's girlie scream "aaaaaaagh!" (And I thought his foot was run over or something!)

Anyway his phone was laying flat on the asphalt and he thought for sure it would be smashed and shattered. But the Speck protected it with it's shock absorbing interior and the extended rubber lip had raised it up off the ground enough that it was completely cushioned. It was perfectly fine! Yeah, it was a little Prius and if it was say, one of your trucks that ran over it instead, it would have been a different story! ;)

So do you keep your phone on your seat or lap while driving? Just asking because if you do (and like my husband did with his 4s!) there's more chances for you to drop it out of the truck when getting out. And that's a long drop compared to a car. You might want to look into the Spigen Tough Armor too? It's still slim (not as slim as the Neo) but I think offers much more protection from drops and other "trauma" lol.

Here's the link to the Tough Armor --> http://amzn.to/1qZqU8v

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410896349.480833.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410896360.239577.jpg

Safe travels, my friend. Enjoy your new phone and cases on October 2nd! :)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
No I was talking about just a regular old Speck CS. I've seen the satin and the grip CS. But i've always liked just the regular one. It seems to stick to my hand for some reason lol. That was quite a testimonial!!! If that had happened to my phone I would S.A.B. lol!! I have unlimited data with Verizon and in order to keep that, I have to pay full price for my phones. And since I bought me one, I had to buy one for my daughter lol. So 2 iPhone 6's, 64GB in gold cost me $1605 after taxes lol. I actually use an OtterBox defender clip to hold my phone!ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410898315.203620.jpg

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No I was talking about just a regular old Speck CS. I've seen the satin and the grip CS. But i've always liked just the regular one. It seems to stick to my hand for some reason lol. That was quite a testimonial!!! If that had happened to my phone I would S.A.B. lol!! I have unlimited data with Verizon and in order to keep that, I have to pay full price for my phones. And since I bought me one, I had to buy one for my daughter lol. So 2 iPhone 6's, 64GB in gold cost me $1605 after taxes lol. I actually use an OtterBox defender clip to hold my phone!View attachment 64915

Nice! That Otterbox clip does come in handy!

We're buying our phones full retail too but we are going in-store. My husband hasn't decided if he wants the 6 or 6+ and wants to see them IRL and see how they fit in his hand.

Were you able to pre-order your phones full retail from the apple site? If so, you're the 2nd person who was able to do so! Both of you are with Verizon too. Or maybe she is also already off-contract. That would make sense. I'll have to ask her!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I could never get through on the Apple website. The store was down most of the night. So I gave up and went to bed. I called Verizon the next morning and was able to place my order. That 6+ is just too big for my liking!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I could never get through on the Apple website. The store was down most of the night. So I gave up and went to bed. I called Verizon the next morning and was able to place my order. That 6+ is just too big for my liking!

LOL! That's so funny because here we are discussing "phones" but nowadays I rarely actually TALK on them. Always using apps, email, text, gps, going online, etc., but rarely ever actually calling and talking. So it didn't even occur to me to call a store! :rolleyes:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's a computer not a phone LOL. I've never heard of these tech21 cases y'all speak of!!

Tech21? They are possibly the most perfect case, ever. Well, if they crossed the Tech21 Impact Mesh with a Mophie., then THAT would be the most perfect case, ever! Hmmm, a Tech21 Mophie Mesh? Lol ;)

https://www.tech21.com

I have the Tech21 Impact Mesh in Smokey for my 5. Love it!

Here are the 5 cases, just imagine them bigger, LOL!

View attachment 63796
View attachment 63797

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG, icyhot1966 - after all these years, I honestly did not know that emoji's work on here. 😜🔨

I've been sticking with the basic :) emoticons unless I'm on the MacBook where I can use the smiley button :nerd: or write it out myself!

D'oh! 😝

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What does "metalized" mean? Shiny painted plastic? Or what?

Ohhhh, The "metallized" buttons. Gotcha.

For some reason I thought you were referring to the bumper which is matte metallic like the MacBook interior.

The buttons actually feel like soft, plasticky metal. Not sure if you're familiar with those Bic Clic retractable ballpoint pens from years ago with the shiny silver pocket clips? (Yeah, I know, "What's a ballpoint pen?" 😛) Well, that's what the buttons feel like. Shiny and smooth like a Bic pocket clip.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410915879.094095.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox