Case for the "6"

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410584630.002058.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410584646.325440.jpg

Getting one (maybe both) of these on launch day when I line up for the 6. Can't decide which one I like better though, so I might end up getting both :)

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal in Space Gray. I have this case on my 5s and love it. This looks to be better because of the textured back and aluminum frame. I don't need to see the , but it's a nice touch. I hope Spigen makes/sells different colored frames in the future. My first Neo Hybrid had the Metal Slate frame. I bought the Gunmetal frame when I got the 5s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Really like the metal frame but worried that the circle on the back will allow scratches in that area.
Or am I worrying about nothing?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Some people really don't like the opening and others have reported scratches from keeping the phone in pockets with keys, change, etc.

If the case isn't super snug, maybe you could put an inexpensive but crystal clear screen/back protector (get them cheap on eBay) on the back of your phone so the circle area is protected?

Or, you could just get this version of the Neo Hybrid without the opening:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2326571

(No longer offered at the crazy low price like the other day but still a good deal at only $15.99. Prime and "free super shipping over $35" available too.)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410598354.316677.jpg

We just received our first Spigen cases (Total Armor) ordered through Amazon and we are very impressed with the quality. And the speedy shipping! Very pleased.

Waiting for our Neo Hybrids (the one shown in photo) to arrive! :)

Last edited:

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Really like the metal frame but worried that the circle on the back will allow scratches in that area.
Or am I worrying about nothing?

I'm not worried yet. I don't carry my phone in my pockets or in a purse. I'll decide on putting a screen protector on the back after I have the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

izzyardo

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the neo hybrid thanks to this thread. I've had Spigen screen protectors in the past, but never cases. I also ordered a screen protector. I might go for an official apple leather case...not sure yet.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I usually get Specks, I was hoping for a flip to be out by the time I pick up my 6, but I might get a grip in the meantime.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
At least with the red Apple case for the 5/5S, it does get dis colored and darker especially on the edges. I personally like the worn leather look, but beware if you do not.

Do you think it would discolor if I got the Silicone case instead of leather? I don't remember anyone complaining about the 5c case which was silicone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Silicone won't discolor because it doesn't absorb anything. Leather being a natural, porous material does. The leather cases feel really nice in the hand though.

Yeah, I like the feel of the leather, but the silicone feels great in the hand too. I'd better choose quick though :)

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Some people really don't like the opening and others have reported scratches from keeping the phone in pockets with keys, change, etc.

If the case isn't super snug, maybe you could put an inexpensive but crystal clear screen/back protector (get them cheap on eBay) on the back of your phone so the circle area is protected?

Or, you could just get this version of the Neo Hybrid without the opening:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2326896

(No longer offered at the crazy low price like the other day but still a good deal at only $15.99. Prime and "free super shipping over $35" available too.)

View attachment 64630

We just received our first Spigen cases (Total Armor) ordered through Amazon and we are very impressed at the quality. And the speedy shipping! Very pleased.

Waiting for our Neo Hybrids (the one shown in photo) to arrive! :)

Thanks for the link but for whatever the reason I'm just pulled towards the Verus case, just the way the buttons are cut in the metal.
Would putting a film protector like you said on the back damage the back of the phone at all?

Chennylou

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
At least with the red Apple case for the 5/5S, it does get dis colored and darker especially on the edges. I personally like the worn leather look, but beware if you do not.

Mine basically looks burgundy now. Wonder if the silicone will change colors. No warning for that at the bottom of the Apple website.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Omg you guys make me want spigen cases! I am actually on amazon right now about to click on add to cart. I do like the cases apple has to offer too. I like both. Ahhhh the decisions. :crying::laughing::)

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The apple leather cases were the best cases I had as it never made the phone bulky or anything, when I get my 6, I'll probably go for the apple cases again. Probably the silicone ones this time.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The apple leather cases were the best cases I had as it never made the phone bulky or anything, when I get my 6, I'll probably go for the apple cases again. Probably the silicone ones this time.

Same here. I can't find cases for my iPad or iPhone that I like except for the Apple ones. They seem to be my favorite out of all my cases I try.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case and Spigen Crystal screen protector turned up today. Very happy with both. Now I just need the phone and I'm well away.

My GF is chomping at the bit to get hold of my 5s (as the actress said to the bishop).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to evaluate the 6 I ordered and see if the protruding camera lends bothers me. If it does, I will get the leather apple case in black.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice