I always go naked with my iPhones...love to feel the hardware and not some bulky case. Not worried about a few scratches here and there...gives the phone character IMO. I don't worry about having a pristine iPhone for resale value as I'm always handing them down to a family member.
    09-16-2014 12:13 AM
    Apple leather cases look great this yawed!
    09-16-2014 12:24 AM
    Our SPIGEN Neo Hybrid cases that I ordered on the 11th arrived in two days with regular shipping! (Amazon Prime not offered with the promo deal but the total paid for each case was $6.49!) Delivered to my office on Saturday the 13th! Very impressed!

Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mUvbUpU2330103

Attachment 64870

Attachment 64865
    Attachment 64866
    Attachment 64867
    Attachment 64868
    Thanks for the pictures. I ordered the same one the other day, same color as well. Looks a lot better in person then on the website

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    09-16-2014 03:58 AM
    I have an in store pickup of a gold 6 plus set for Friday so I wanted some type of case to try then. I ordered the clear Spigen Air Cushion (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 P) for the 6 plus for $10.99 with Prime. My thought is if the case is no good I can always return it. I'm not sure how the clear plastic case combined with a rubber like bumper will actually function. Here is the same case for the iPhone 6 (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (20). I'll follow up with some pics of the actual case the second it arrives.

Case for the "6"-6pluscase.jpg
    09-16-2014 04:31 AM
    Here are better pics of the SPIGEN Tough Armor out of the box

Ordered two cases on the 8th, received three days later on the 11th via regular shipping! I expected to receive them at least a week later! (no Prime offered on promo deal)

Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mUvbUpU2330130

Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410860474.454016.jpg
    Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410860491.925995.jpg
    09-16-2014 05:44 AM
    I have an in store pickup of a gold 6 plus set for Friday so I wanted some type of case to try then. I ordered the clear Spigen Air Cushion (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Plus Case, Spigen [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 Plus (5.5) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 P) for the 6 plus for $10.99 with Prime. My thought is if the case is no good I can always return it. I'm not sure how the clear plastic case combined with a rubber like bumper will actually function. Here is the same case for the iPhone 6 (Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen [AIR CUSHION] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Bumper **NEW** [Ultra Hybrid Series] [Crystal Clear] Air Cushion Technology Corners + Bumper Case with Clear Back Panel - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Bumper Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (20). I'll follow up with some pics of the actual case the second it arrives.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6pluscase.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	64887
    I really like clear cases like this but in my experience they tend to discolor after a bit

09-16-2014 09:57 AM
    Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, just saw this!

Anyway, no, a screen protector will not damage the back of the phone at all especially if you get the ones that use static and not an actual adhesive.
    Hey, no problem, thanks for getting back to me. Any suggestions on a particular brand?

09-16-2014 10:07 AM
    Our SPIGEN Neo Hybrid cases that I ordered on the 11th arrived in two days with regular shipping! (Amazon Prime not offered with the promo deal but the total paid for each case was $6.49!) Delivered to my office on Saturday the 13th! Very impressed!

Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mUvbUpU2330415

Attachment 64870

Attachment 64865
    Attachment 64866
    Attachment 64867
    Attachment 64868
    I ordered the same one... waiting for it to get it on Thursday. How is the case? Is it slim?
    09-16-2014 10:41 AM
    How much does the camera protrude on the back? I like thin cases, but I want to make sure I get one with enough thickness that the phone can rest flat when it's on it's back.
    09-16-2014 10:43 AM
    Hey, no problem, thanks for getting back to me. Any suggestions on a particular brand?

Hi - definitely get an inexpensive one on eBay especially since you will have your case on anyway. I haven't tried this brand nor do I know the exact thickness but here's an example of one that comes with 6 for $3.88 and uses static cling but keep in kind that this is an actual "screen" protector (meaning it's meant for the front) but if you are keeping your phone in your case anyway, this might be a good temporary solution until someone makes the "back" protectors that use static:

Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410880935.668849.jpg

On second thought -- with the new design and curvature of the phone, I am thinking that these will not be an exact fit on the back. (Plus, you don't want to cover the camera lens!)

Your best bet is to just cut out a square of any inexpensive screen protector that utilizes static, (maybe 1"x1" or so) and place it over the apple logo to protect it from the opening. Also, the thickness of the SP shouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 09-16-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    09-16-2014 11:29 AM
    I ordered the same one... waiting for it to get it on Thursday. How is the case? Is it slim?
    Yes, it has a VERY slim profile! As for thickness, it think it's similar to a silicone case, I would imagine, although I haven't had one of those in a long time and can't compare them exactly. But it's a nice little case - very lightweight and "grippy" but still smooth enough to slip in pockets with ease.
    medboo likes this.
    09-16-2014 11:40 AM
    Hi - I haven't tried this brand but here's an example of one that comes with 6 for $3.88 that uses static cling but keep in kind that this is an actual "screen" protector (meaning it's meant for the front) but if you are keeping your phone in your case anyway, this might be a good temporary solution until someone makes the "back" protectors that use static:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410880935.668849.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	64897

Although with the new design and curvature of the phone, these will most likely not fit on the back properly. You may want to just cut out a square of any inexpensive screen protector that utilizes static, maybe 2"x2" and place it over the apple logo to protect it from the opening.
    This is my plan. After taking some time to think about the exposed logo I decided to go ahead and order the a back protector. I couldn't find an iPhone 6 specific one so I bought the Spigen Ultra Crystal Mix for the 5/5s. I had this set on my 5 when I had the Neo Hybrid EX. They are nice and the matte protector looks nice on the aluminum. It not fitting 6 won't matter because no one will see it. I'll include the rest of the mix as a bonus when I sale my 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    09-16-2014 11:57 AM
    LVMHgirl, are you familiar with a TPU case? It is a smooth, flexible plastic case. Even though it's very smooth, it's extremely grippy. Is this case that you have made out of TPU or is it part TPU and part something else?
    09-16-2014 12:25 PM
    I really like clear cases like this but in my experience they tend to discolor after a bit

Thanks for the tip. I've never had a clear case but for $10.99 and amazons return policy I figure I would give it a try. I've definitely had white cases discolor from jeans so I can understand it happening. Hopefully I can find something permanent that offers some protection while still showing off the awesome design of the phone.
    09-16-2014 12:41 PM
    I have a feeling I'll be testing a Spigen case for the first time if they're already shipping because Speck isn't yet and there's no way I am activating a new phone without a case.
    09-16-2014 01:02 PM
    I have a feeling I'll be testing a Spigen case for the first time if they're already shipping because Speck isn't yet and there's no way I am activating a new phone without a case.

Yes Ame! GO for it! I got my Tough Armor found here --> Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Spigen Tough Armor Case for iPhone 6 (4.7-Inch) - Retail Packaging - Gunmetal (SGP11022): Cell Phones & Accessories in three days and my Neo Hybrid found here --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...mUvbUpU2330661 in two days. (delivered on a Saturday too!)

I originally purchased mine because I am waiting for the Tech21 cases to be released but I really do like the Spigens (the shipping speeds were via regular shipping too. Didn't have Prime on the promo price. Great company! And no, I don't work for Spigen or any other case company, lol!)
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 09-16-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    09-16-2014 01:35 PM
    LVMHgirl, are you familiar with a TPU case? It is a smooth, flexible plastic case. Even though it's very smooth, it's extremely grippy. Is this case that you have made out of TPU or is it part TPU and part something else?

Hi Icyhot1966,

Yes, it is a combination of TPU and polycarbonate. Very flexible and smooth!

From the manufacturer:

- Advanced Shock Absorption Technology: Web Pattern TPU case
    - Combination of TPU and Polycarbonate for drop and scratch protection
    - Slim and form fitted to show the perfect shape of your device
    - Metallic finish to frame & Metallized polycarbonate buttons
    - Compatible with Apple iPhone 6 (4.7") Only - 2014
    09-16-2014 01:42 PM
    I just ordered two of them. The red one and the white one lol. I am presuming it is the back that is made of poly carbonate and that CH or the bumper is what is made of TPU. THE OTTERBOX COMMUTER outside shell is made of poly carbonate I believe and they were always too slippery for my liking. I am hoping this case is not like that.
    09-16-2014 01:53 PM
    I just ordered two of them. The red one and the white one lol. I am presuming it is the back that is made of poly carbonate and that CH or the bumper is what is made of TPU. THE OTTERBOX COMMUTER outside shell is made of poly carbonate I believe and they were always too slippery for my liking. I am hoping this case is not like that.
    Actually the back is the grippy, rubbery, textured TPU which covers the entire phone like a silicone case but then the outer bumper part is the polycarbonate. But not slippery at all when in your hand because of the entire back being the grippy TPU. And the polycarbonate by itself is smooth but not very slippery.

Hope that made sense?

Here's a pic of the case with the outer bumper separated:

Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410892050.084414.jpg
    09-16-2014 02:28 PM
    Now that made no sense at all LOL, i'm kidding. It made perfect sense and therefore I can see why it will be very grippy. I don't know what the Speck CandyShell is made of on the outside (it feels like smooth hard plastic) but for some reason it is very grippy. I think the Spigen Will be just fine. Thank you for all of your help. Hell, I am a truck driver and I won't even get home until October 2. So I won't even get to play with my new phone and new cases until then lol.
    09-16-2014 02:42 PM
    What does "metalized" mean? Shiny painted plastic? Or what?
    09-16-2014 02:57 PM
    What does "metalized" mean? Shiny painted plastic? Or what?
    Not painted. It's in the mix, lol. It kind of looks like the inner surface of my MacBook Air - like a matte metal.
    09-16-2014 03:06 PM
    Now that made no sense at all LOL, i'm kidding. It made perfect sense and therefore I can see why it will be very grippy. I don't know what the Speck CandyShell is made of on the outside (it feels like smooth hard plastic) but for some reason it is very grippy. I think the Spigen Will be just fine. Thank you for all of your help. Hell, I am a truck driver and I won't even get home until October 2. So I won't even get to play with my new phone and new cases until then lol.
    You're so welcome!

Love Speck too! Do you mean the Speck Candyshells with the satin finish that are grippy? I have regular Candyshells and those are slippery to me. But I use a lanyard so slipperiness isn't really a big deal. We also had Speck CS grips and flips for our 5's.

Here's a blast from the past Speck testimonial:

My husband was getting out of the car, his 4S fell off his lap, skidded face down into the street and was promptly run over by a Prius's passenger side front and back tires. Ka-thump. Ka-thump. I was still getting out of the car while this was all happening and had no idea what was going on until I heard my husband's girlie scream "aaaaaaagh!" (And I thought his foot was run over or something!)

Anyway his phone was laying flat on the asphalt and he thought for sure it would be smashed and shattered. But the Speck protected it with it's shock absorbing interior and the extended rubber lip had raised it up off the ground enough that it was completely cushioned. It was perfectly fine! Yeah, it was a little Prius and if it was say, one of your trucks that ran over it instead, it would have been a different story!

So do you keep your phone on your seat or lap while driving? Just asking because if you do (and like my husband did with his 4s!) there's more chances for you to drop it out of the truck when getting out. And that's a long drop compared to a car. You might want to look into the Spigen Tough Armor too? It's still slim (not as slim as the Neo) but I think offers much more protection from drops and other "trauma" lol.

Here's the link to the Tough Armor --> http://amzn.to/1qZqU8v

Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410896349.480833.jpg
    Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410896360.239577.jpg

Safe travels, my friend. Enjoy your new phone and cases on October 2nd!
    09-16-2014 03:39 PM
    No I was talking about just a regular old Speck CS. I've seen the satin and the grip CS. But i've always liked just the regular one. It seems to stick to my hand for some reason lol. That was quite a testimonial!!! If that had happened to my phone I would S.A.B. lol!! I have unlimited data with Verizon and in order to keep that, I have to pay full price for my phones. And since I bought me one, I had to buy one for my daughter lol. So 2 iPhone 6's, 64GB in gold cost me $1605 after taxes lol. I actually use an OtterBox defender clip to hold my phone!Case for the "6"-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1410898315.203620.jpg
    09-16-2014 04:12 PM
    No I was talking about just a regular old Speck CS. I've seen the satin and the grip CS. But i've always liked just the regular one. It seems to stick to my hand for some reason lol. That was quite a testimonial!!! If that had happened to my phone I would S.A.B. lol!! I have unlimited data with Verizon and in order to keep that, I have to pay full price for my phones. And since I bought me one, I had to buy one for my daughter lol. So 2 iPhone 6's, 64GB in gold cost me $1605 after taxes lol. I actually use an OtterBox defender clip to hold my phone!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410898315.203620.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	785.1 KB 
ID:	64915
    Nice! That Otterbox clip does come in handy!

We're buying our phones full retail too but we are going in-store. My husband hasn't decided if he wants the 6 or 6+ and wants to see them IRL and see how they fit in his hand.

Were you able to pre-order your phones full retail from the apple site? If so, you're the 2nd person who was able to do so! Both of you are with Verizon too. Or maybe she is also already off-contract. That would make sense. I'll have to ask her!
    09-16-2014 04:27 PM
734 ... 45678 ...