All,

I was thinking about when the iPhone 6 is released at Verizon should I go my local retail store or just order it online.

The reason I am thinking about that is there are some news articles about individuals that are going to stand inline a couple days before. I was actually really surprised. I was thinking that I would just go to the retail store and get the mobile. The news makes me think it will be a mad house for a couple of days.

Your opinion?

Thanks,
    A.B.
    09-04-2014 10:31 AM
    I'm just gonna order online. Make it come to me.
    AB Lambert, OBF and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-04-2014 11:10 AM
    09-04-2014 11:31 AM
    I still haven't made out my game plan. I'll probably know what I'll do after the Keynote. Hopefully they'll do preorders again this year so that I'll have it on release day. No need to wait at the store or wait months for back orders.

People have started lining up already in NYC.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-04-2014 11:47 AM
    I was thinking their maybe preorder also. Some still are planning to wait in a line for there mobile. Do they think they will get some free stuff at the store? Not sure what is the deal with getting the iPhone 6 at the store on the day of release
    09-04-2014 11:52 AM
    The best way is to buy using the Apple Store App. Just enter your info, including your carrier.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    offdahglass likes this.
    09-04-2014 12:01 PM
    Why is that the best way? Could you explain more?
    09-04-2014 12:16 PM
    Neither. I shall just go into an Apple Store on day one and buy an unlocked version. I did exactly the same last year too.
    09-04-2014 12:30 PM
    Neither. I shall just go into an Apple Store on day one and buy an unlocked version. I did exactly the same last year too.
    Was it on release day? Was there a line?

A.B.
    09-04-2014 12:40 PM
    I plan on camping out but nothing crazy. Usually show up around midnight with 15 to 20 people in front of me. As long as the weather is not horrible. The experience is fun. You won't catch me out there for more then 10 hours though.. If I was you however, I would hope for a pre-order. Thats the best bet. Second best would be going to your carrier in my opinion. Depending on where you are the buzz is less at carrier stores. However they also almost always have less phones. You've got some time.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    09-04-2014 01:07 PM
    I will order from apple.com on Oct 1. Use my Discover Card for 5% Cash back. Since I will be paying full retail, the 5% cash back will be $40 or more.

I would like to order earlier but the cash back offer doesn't start until Oct 1.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    09-04-2014 01:18 PM
    I need to try to get it as soon as possible. My wife has a Samsung GS3 and hates it (RF sucks, performance is bad after they updated to 4.3). I am going to give her my Lumia Icon (which I actually love) and I will get the iPhone 6 for work.

I have been holding her off as long as I could. Latest issue with her phone was that I have to do a factory reset to get the GPS to work again.

A.B.
    09-04-2014 01:43 PM
    Was it on release day? Was there a line?

A.B.
    Yes on release day. Yes, I got to the store just as it opened and there were four people ahead of me. It was a chore. I had to wait for simply minutes before the store opened and we went in.
    sifatkhan and AB Lambert like this.
    09-04-2014 01:46 PM
    All else fails hang out in the parking lot and look for the person with the big Orchard grin on there face and offer them 125% what they paid for it

I heard it working in the past
    Rafagon likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:00 PM
    I'll either buy it from the Apple Store and have the staff install the screen protector or if they can't legally install the screen protector then I'll buy the phone at the Verizon store or I'll buy the phone at the Apple Store and go to the Verizon store and have them install the screen protector.
    09-04-2014 02:14 PM
    I'm ordering online.. I don't do those crazy crowds.. I just ordered a MacBook Pro also so I'll be playing around on that until I get the iPhone 6
    iphone obsessed likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:27 PM
    Why is that the best way? Could you explain more?
    Can be done in one minute of preorders being taken and is faster than ordering on the Apple website. This is if you wish not to stand in line at a store on launch day.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    09-04-2014 02:29 PM
    I would want to go to the Apple store this time. I have never purchased a store from there.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    09-04-2014 10:49 PM
    I would want to go to the Apple store this time. I have never purchased a store from there.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    You're buying the whole store?! Well, I won't be shopping for my iPhone 6 there...
    AB Lambert, Rafagon and Walchaar6 like this.
    09-05-2014 12:10 AM
    Camping out at 6-7 PM the night before at my local Apple Store. Should be enough for me to be first in line!
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    09-05-2014 12:21 AM
    There's no chance I would ever buy an iPhone from a carrier store...I always order online now, but if I had to go to a store to buy one, it would definitely be the Apple Store, or as a FAR second option, Best Buy. I have AT&T, and the ineptitude I have experienced in their stores is just mind numbing. I don't think I've actually gone in an AT&T store in many many years.
    tpags likes this.
    09-05-2014 12:25 AM
    SeanHRCC,

Why would you not buy from the carrier store?

I will order online if they have pre-order. If not I would probably go to the carrier store. Would the have Verizon mobiles at the Apple store? If yes would that be better?

A.B.
    09-05-2014 01:34 PM
    SeanHRCC,

I will order online if they have pre-order. If not I would probably go to the carrier store. Would the have Verizon mobiles at the Apple store? If yes would that be better?

A.B.
    I wouldn't overthink it A.B. I pre-ordered online from Apple for the 4S, went to an Apple store on launch day for the 5, and went to a Verizon corporate store on launch day for the 5S. I never had any issue with any of the three ways. This year should be no different. If they offer a pre-order, I will likely do that and wait for it to arrive. If they don't, I'll head over to the Verizon corporate store down the road and pick one up there. I would never, ever go to a carrier kiosk store. Those folks are no more trained to sell me a phone and handle my family plan than they are at selling me life insurance. But the folks at the actual corporate store here are pretty good.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    09-05-2014 02:27 PM
    SeanHRCC,

A.B.
    Personal preference...I don't care for the experiences I've had in my local AT&T stores, so I don't trust them to hold a release like this without serious bottle neck issues and problems of whatever sort you can imagine. It's just so much easier to have it shipped to my house and hang out here while UPS brings it to me.
    AB Lambert likes this.
    09-05-2014 03:45 PM
    What color are you getting?
    09-05-2014 04:01 PM
92 123 ...