Will you purchase your iPhone 6 from the carrier store or do it online.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's no chance I would ever buy an iPhone from a carrier store...I always order online now, but if I had to go to a store to buy one, it would definitely be the Apple Store, or as a FAR second option, Best Buy. I have AT&T, and the ineptitude I have experienced in their stores is just mind numbing. I don't think I've actually gone in an AT&T store in many many years.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
SeanHRCC,

Why would you not buy from the carrier store?

I will order online if they have pre-order. If not I would probably go to the carrier store. Would the have Verizon mobiles at the Apple store? If yes would that be better?

A.B.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
SeanHRCC,

I will order online if they have pre-order. If not I would probably go to the carrier store. Would the have Verizon mobiles at the Apple store? If yes would that be better?

A.B.

I wouldn't overthink it A.B. I pre-ordered online from Apple for the 4S, went to an Apple store on launch day for the 5, and went to a Verizon corporate store on launch day for the 5S. I never had any issue with any of the three ways. This year should be no different. If they offer a pre-order, I will likely do that and wait for it to arrive. If they don't, I'll head over to the Verizon corporate store down the road and pick one up there. I would never, ever go to a carrier kiosk store. Those folks are no more trained to sell me a phone and handle my family plan than they are at selling me life insurance. But the folks at the actual corporate store here are pretty good.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
SeanHRCC,

A.B.

Personal preference...I don't care for the experiences I've had in my local AT&T stores, so I don't trust them to hold a release like this without serious bottle neck issues and problems of whatever sort you can imagine. It's just so much easier to have it shipped to my house and hang out here while UPS brings it to me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Personal preference...I don't care for the experiences I've had in my local AT&T stores, so I don't trust them to hold a release like this without serious bottle neck issues and problems of whatever sort you can imagine. It's just so much easier to have it shipped to my house and hang out here while UPS brings it to me.
That may vary from store to store. I've been impressed with the folks at the Verizon Store here. Sales people are sales people. But here they at least know what they're talking about. The repair techs are sharp. I'm 80+ miles from the closest Apple Store. Verizon is 5 miles. I hear complaints about carrier stores, but I have none for this Verizon Store. I have heard complaints about the AT&T store here. But I always order from Verizon either online or over the phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If I do get the iPhone 6 (unlikely at this point), I'm ordering it online via the Apple online store. more than likely I'm heading to the apple store next wednesday and getting the 5S.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Probably at store. Like having it in hand and walking out, not waiting for it to ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I was going to grab the new iPhone as part of extending my contract at my current carrier (Telstra, Australia) but I just now realised I probably should have gone there a long time ago to write my name on some sort of wait list. Maybe that's one for later today. I remember with horror last year's struggle to get the (gold) 5S on a contract... hopefully this time there's more units of each option available and I won't have to remain patient much longer than anyone else.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably at store. Like having it in hand and walking out, not waiting for it to ship

Same here. Shipping is the worst! It takes forever it feels like. Right now I'm waiting for my T-Mobile prepaid SIM to ship, and it seems like it's taking forever even though it's only been 3 days haha

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That may vary from store to store. I've been impressed with the folks at the Verizon Store here. Sales people are sales people. But here they at least know what they're talking about. The repair techs are sharp. I'm 80+ miles from the closest Apple Store. Verizon is 5 miles. I hear complaints about carrier stores, but I have none for this Verizon Store. I have heard complaints about the AT&T store here. But I always order from Verizon either online or over the phone.

It may vary...but one thing I know that is consistent is that the Apple stores have always been just fine, so if I have to go to a physical store to buy a new iPhone, there's no reason to "try" a carrier store to test the theory.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Camping out at 6-7 PM the night before at my local Apple Store. Should be enough for me to be first in line! :D
6-7PM makes you first in line in your city? Lucky you.

Last year, I camped out for the iPhone 5s, but even arriving there at 4PM the day before didn't land me the coveted first-in-line spot (@ the Lincoln Road Apple Store, Miami Beach, FL)... I was #10'ish, ending up behind folks who had gotten payed to stand in line by others, and behind bona-fide customers as well, I think. And when Apple staff arrived and issued us tickets for the iPhone model we wanted, at around 7AM the day of, the lady who gave me my card told me I was getting the last ticket for the last available unit of the model I wanted... 32gb, white. Talk about cutting it close!

In the past, I camped out at a different Apple Store for the iPhone 4, an experience which was was both exhilarating and horrible at the same time. It was an Apple Store located inside a mall, and mall security (and Apple staff, for that matter) had made absolutely no preparations to designate an official, mall-sanctioned place for the line to form, pre-launch-day. Those of us who were camping out had to improvise when deciding where to form the line, and our carefully thought-out decisions on locations to form the line were not always met with agreement on the part of mall security?who wasted little time in calling Miami-Dade Police for reinforcement when we (very politely) refused to relocate in an orderly, timely, submissive fashion when asked to do so. We were subsequently forced to relocate the line by said policemen, once by the first shift of policemen working the event (these cops eventually dropped out of sight after succeeding in making us move), then a later shift of police officers claimed no previous communication from the earlier shift and made us relocate the line again, and I don't mean relocating by a short distance of a few tens of feet (one relocation involved hitching a ride with a fellow camper-out in order to get to the new spot in a reasonable amount of time).

An unofficial sign-up list on a poster that was made by one of the campers-out (he had thoughtfully made the poster himself at home and brought it with him) would have sufficed to keep everyone in their right spot in line without disagreement, even after relocations, but alas, this is Miami. Don't confuse us for a civilized and polite people.

I will probably order at apple.com this year at midnight, or, failing that, att.com. (An additional reason why I camped out last year for the 5s last year was that I secured a buddy for that camp-out, and I have no such person this year... This does play a factor as far as I'm concerned... camping out solo is not nearly as much fun as camping out with a friend, even though, by the end of the event, I would likely have become "buddies" with the people in the immediate area in line).

Good luck to all of you this year. Hope you get the iPhone 6 of your dreams.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Shipping is the worst! It takes forever it feels like. Right now I'm waiting for my T-Mobile prepaid to ship SIM, and it seems like it's taking forever even though it's only been 3 days haha

Agree. Not to mention then I have to make sure someone is home, and with working literally all the time, it's hard having someone there to sign for It.

matthewjagiela

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping for pre-orders. Other than that I would go to an Apple Store and not a carrier store. At least in my case they have only low end models and it takes 2x as long. Plus standing in line is fun at the Apple Store. Employees will give you water and coffee and depending how long the line is go and even get you some pizza. However pre-orders are the best way to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh