iPhone and iPhone AIR?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So there's a thread going over on Reddit where an AT&T clerk was checking their system and found the 4.7" iPhone 6 cases on an order spreadsheet in their system. I don't think it's much of a surprise that this size is coming...what was a bit surprising though was the further listing of the "iPhone Air", and it sparked a conversation.

If the iPad Air is the full size unit now, and the iPad Mini the entry level...are we about to see the iPhone enter the same naming criteria with the 4.7" being the entry model and the 5.5" being the "Air" (or full size) model?

Doesn't follow the Macbook/Macbook Air model hierarchy, but follows the iPad one perfectly.

Food for thought.

http://bgr.com/2014/09/01/iphone-6-air-rumors-size/

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't care what they call them. I'm just hoping the internals are the same like the iPad retina mini and iPad Air.

I feel the same. Of course I would expect the bigger one to have a slightly higher capacity battery.

I think calling the larger iPhone the Air just works easily to differentiate when speaking of the iPhones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's possible, but I'm not sure the 4.7 will be considered the "entry" level device. Do we know if Apple will discontinue the C line of iPhones, and if they don't, wouldn't it be considered the entry level device? Great question, by the way...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Same for me I hope the specks are all the same no matter what phones come out. Other than a larger battery for a larger phone.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would be the same specs but I have a feeling they will make the rumored 5.5 phone the luxury phone. I think it is going to take more then a larger screen for some people to shell out the extra cash (assuming it cost extra). I hate that because I don't want anything bigger than 4.7 but I also tend to like to get the best phone available (spec wise). Of course this is all speculation but I think from a pure marketing standpoint the rumored larger phone is almost guaranteed to be faster and have at the very least a better camera as well. We will see on the 9th!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it's possible, but I'm not sure the 4.7 will be considered the "entry" level device. Do we know if Apple will discontinue the C line of iPhones, and if they don't, wouldn't it be considered the entry level device? Great question, by the way...:)

I sure hope the 4.7" isn't an entry level device. I don't want to have to buy a huge phone to get the latest specs :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the feeling online that anyone expects the smaller device to be a lesser device (spec wise) than the potentially larger phone...I simply used "entry" in reference to the starting point of the two devices. Truth be told, Apple's choice to go with "Air" on the larger iPad is still confusing to me (given the historic usage of "Air" always being the smaller, cheaper and less spec'ed model).

But like many of you, I don't care about the name of the device...they could call it hot dog for all I care.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the feeling online that anyone expects the smaller device to be a lesser device (spec wise) than the potentially larger phone...I simply used "entry" in reference to the starting point of the two devices. Truth be told, Apple's choice to go with "Air" on the larger iPad is still confusing to me (given the historic usage of "Air" always being the smaller, cheaper and less spec'ed model).

But like many of you, I don't care about the name of the device...they could call it hot dog for all I care.

Well, the Droid Mini has the same specs as the Ultra and Maxx, except for the battery, so I guess they'll do something like that

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2