Have you sold your current iPhone yet and if so how much did you get?

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Verizon 5s. I have it listed on Craigslist right now for 430 with the box. It is like new condition. Because I don't want to scratch it now I have switched to my old old Blackberry Bold that I used years ago. Its been 24hrs and I am already screaming...seriously its horrible. Wondering how many others are in my position using an older phone and if you have sold your iPhone (5s or older) how much you have gotten for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not me...:)....When I opt to get the next iPhone, I will just give my current iPhone to my youngest son. It will be his first phone and he's excited about it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not me...:)....When I opt to get the next iPhone, I will just give my current iPhone to my youngest son. It will be his first phone and he's excited about it.

I'm thinking of doing the same but giving my 5S to my mom. How are you buying yours 'D outright or upgrade or one of the new fandangled yearly payment deals?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of doing the same but giving my 5S to my mom. How are you buying yours 'D outright or upgrade or one of the new fandangled yearly payment deals?

Not sure yet. I prefer to buy outright, but with all of the crap that has occurred this year, thus far, it might be beneficial to buy via subsidy. Again, I haven't yet decided.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure yet. I prefer to buy outright, but with all of the crap that has occurred this year, thus far, it might be beneficial to buy via subsidy. Again, I haven't yet decided.

Hmm gotcha I'm thinking of doing either Next with AT&T or going back to Verizon and doing EDGE. Not sure ack. I just can't do outright this year and I know I wouldn't be able to get top value for my 5S since it's dinged more so than any phone I've ever owned .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm gotcha I'm thinking of doing either Next with AT&T or going back to Verizon and doing EDGE. Not sure ack. I just can't do outright this year and I know I wouldn't be able to get top value for my 5S since it's dinged more so than any phone I've ever owned .

I understand. Personally, I'm with Verizon and have no plans to leave so either way is good for me...:)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Retired my iPhone 5 on Monday, don't want to risk any potential damage in the next 2 weeks. Haven't put it up on ebay yet. Might do it tonight.

Moto X is real handy right now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I currently have a Verizon 5s. I have it listed on Craigslist right now for 430 with the box. It is like new condition. Because I don't want to scratch it now I have switched to my old old Blackberry Bold that I used years ago. Its been 24hrs and I am already screaming...seriously its horrible. Wondering how many others are in my position using an older phone and if you have sold your iPhone (5s or older) how much you have gotten for it.

How many gigs is your 5S? Used in new condition for $430 is pretty cheap. If it's 16 gigs without dings and stuff, I don't see why you can't get another 50 bucks out of it.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It's 16gig. I listed it at 475 and didn't get any interest last week. Lowered it to 430 yesterday and have had a couple people interested. I should have listed it a month ago. Starting to get worried it won't sell before Tuesday. I think you're right in the right market but not having much luck yet.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had my mint condition space grey 5S 64GB with Verizon listed on Craigslist for two weeks now at $500 and haven't even attracted the usual clowns trying to snag my phone number or paypal address. Listed to include unused earbuds, original box, charger and a case.

At this rate, I'll end up shipping it off to Gazelle for the $325 I locked in at. Depressing isn't even the word for it.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had my mint condition space grey 5S 64GB with Verizon listed on Craigslist for two weeks now at $500 and haven't even attracted the usual clowns trying to snag my phone number or paypal address. Listed to include unused earbuds, original box, charger and a case.

At this rate, I'll end up shipping it off to Gazelle for the $325 I locked in at. Depressing isn't even the word for it.

That is beyond depressing. I just checked Gazelle and I can get $310. Can't bring myself to selling for that low though..

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Dammit. The thing is that year after year the looming of a new iPhone is more popular through the mainstream and more people are aware of that. I miss the days where us enthusiasts were the ones "in the know" and knew when to strike when selling our current gen phones.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That is beyond depressing. I just checked Gazelle and I can get $310. Can't bring myself to selling for that low though..

I've come to find in my years that it is difficult to recoup the premium you pay for the extra storage. In my case anyway. I am sure others have had much better experiences than I have.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

That's a premium device right there it will gather more attention when they see how much a large storage i6 is gonna cost them

If I was to list my gold 5s 64GB it would be not a Penney less than 550 any less and your giving it away

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to keep my Gold iPhone 5s and Jailbreak it. The device that's leaving will be my Note3 (in lieu of the iPhone6)....SMILE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
NEXT or EDGE might work ok for you. But I have 4 lines. I pay $247 per month with Verizon's More Everything Plan. If we went with EDGE, I would pay almost $70 more per month and would not get to keep our old phones if we upgraded before paying them off. Those plans aren't for everyone. I would only consider it if it was my only option to get a new phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
NEXT or EDGE might work ok for you. But I have 4 lines. I pay $247 per month with Verizon's More Everything Plan. If we went with EDGE, I would pay almost $70 more per month and would not get to keep our old phones if we upgraded before paying them off. Those plans aren't for everyone. I would only consider it if it was my only option to get a new phone.

Yeah I'm going to wait till the 6 is out or hopefully if apple does preorders this year I can figure it out through the apple site.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep my current iPhone 5 as a back up. You never know what might happen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR