Have you sold your current iPhone yet and if so how much did you get?

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You don't lose your phone number. The number goes with the SIM card you take out of the phone after you sell it.

There is no sim card on my phone. I'm on Sprint. You don't take anything out of the phone. When i sell my phone my phone is gone.

So i guess the question remains. When you have a cdma phone, like Verizon and you sell you're phone, it get's deactivated before you buy another one aren't they going to lose their number since there's no sim card to take with you?

Wansanta

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Verizon 5s. I have it listed on Craigslist right now for 430 with the box. It is like new condition. Because I don't want to scratch it now I have switched to my old old Blackberry Bold that I used years ago. Its been 24hrs and I am already screaming...seriously its horrible. Wondering how many others are in my position using an older phone and if you have sold your iPhone (5s or older) how much you have gotten for it.
I would list the phone on swappa. You will pay $10 swappa fee and 0.029% + $0.30 paypal fees and about $11 to ship USPS priority mail (includes $50 of insurance but additional insurance is extra).

Watch the sales to see what a mint condition with box iPhone 5s will see for and of course pay attention to how much memory the phones have. You didn't say how much memory yours has.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
There is no sim card on my phone. I'm on Sprint. You don't take anything out of the phone. When i sell my phone my phone is gone.

So i guess the question remains. When you have a cdma phone, like Verizon and you sell you're phone, it get's deactivated before you buy another one aren't they going to lose their number since there's no sim card to take with you?

You should have a sim card, but it's not used for Sprint service. On the 5/5S, it's used for LTE data.

But you would need to get a phone until you get your new phone. If you sell it, the other person will be able to use the phone with your service or they won't be able to activate it on their account.

I need to sell my 5c on sprint, 5 and 5s on att...

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't listed my phone yet but I do plan to sell it on eBay as soon as I order my new 6.

I've resold all but 1 of my old iphones on eBay and it's worked out fine. With the original iphone I sold that on craigslist but I found that route to be more of hassle.

I have a gold 64gb w/AT&T. I kept the box and never use the ear buds although I'm not sure how much that matters cuz my phones have always been bought by resellers. I do hope to unlock it because that has made a price difference for me in the past.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my verizon 32gb space grey on craigslist for $400. Got nothing at 450 or 425. Now using my old samsung fascinate for the next week and a half.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just sold my verizon 32gb space grey on craigslist for $400. Got nothing at 450 or 425. Now using my old samsung fascinate for the next week and a half.

I think I finally found someone to buy mine (I have 16gig) for $380. Just like you, no one was contacting me at 450 so I dropped it to 400 and took 380. Been using a Bold for a week now. I feel your pain.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I am selling my 3 week old iPhone 5S 32GB (T-Mobile/unlocked) for 400.00 with 2 new Otterbox Preserver cases.

Placed it on CL and got 4 scammer emails and 5 buyers who were being trolls saying that it's only worth 200.00 and to sell it to them before it's worth even less. I swear I am starting to really hate CL.

I think 400.00 for a 32GB unlocked with original box, etc and 2 new cases is a great price. I wont use eBay because it's tied with Paypal and I despise Paypal.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am selling my 3 week old iPhone 5S 32GB (T-Mobile/unlocked) for 400.00 with 2 new Otterbox Preserver cases.

Placed it on CL and got 4 scammer emails and 5 buyers who were being trolls saying that it's only worth 200.00 and to sell it to them before it's worth even less. I swear I am starting to really hate CL.

I think 400.00 for a 32GB unlocked with original box, etc and 2 new cases is a great price. I wont use eBay because it's tied with Paypal and I despise Paypal.

I wouldn't take much less for it. Give it a couple more days. I had similar problems on Craigslist with people telling me a couple days ago that a new iPhone was coming out--I was well aware.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't take much less for it. Give it a couple more days. I had similar problems on Craigslist with people telling me a couple days ago that a new iPhone was coming out--I was well aware.

I priced it so I won't have to deal with the whole haggling BS. It's always worked out and people have jumped on my sales. I know that it's only a day after the announcement and there are idiots who think people are desperate to offload their iPhones. I am not one of them. I guess what's most annoying is I politely said in the ad to not waste either one of our time by telling me about the iPhone 6 and how you think that it's worth X amount of dollars. Yet I still get idiots.

Funny thought I just got 2 emails from potential buyers who want to pay me my asking since posting the above. I am feeling a bit under the weather so I am too tired to meet tonight but maybe tomorrow. Looks like I will have to find a junker phone.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently have my 16gig gold iPhone (carrier locked) for $400 on craigslist. It's priced higher cause it has AppleCare plus. Unfortunately I keep getting people offering me low ballers. Hell one person offered me 325 I think it was. I've thought about using Swappa since I hear good reviews about it compared to eBay and Gazelle. Hopefully I'll get some meaningful buyers interested.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Craig's list is joke, I have my 16gb iPhone Verizon locked on there for make a offer realistically I would take anything over 350$ the highest offer I had was 200$ I think ill low for in new condition iPhone 5s

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Today I responded to a CL ad from a guy who said he wanted to buy my iPhone. I decided to meet him halfway but before doing so I told him that I would NOT take less than my asking and to not waste my time if that was his intentions. He said as long as it was in the condition it was advertised as (brand new, which is IS) that he would pay. Met up at a Starbucks and he looked over the phone, was happy with it and then without F*#$ing fail said "How about 320.00?" I lost my s*$t and knocked over his coffee and walked out. :mad:

I dont mean this is in an offensive manner but the ONLY guys to do this to me over the years on CL have been Asian. What. The. Hell.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Today I responded to a CL ad from a guy who said he wanted to buy my iPhone. I decided to meet him halfway but before doing so I told him that I would NOT take less than my asking and to not waste my time if that was his intentions. He said as long as it was in the condition it was advertised as (brand new, which is IS) that he would pay. Met up at a Starbucks and he looked over the phone, was happy with it and then without F*#$ing fail said "How about 320.00?" I lost my s*$t and knocked over his coffee and walked out. :mad:

I dont mean this is in an offensive manner but the ONLY guys to do this to me over the years on CL have been Asian. What. The. Hell.
Almost the same thing happened to me when I sold my 5S man. I met this Asian guy at a nail shop he worked at. I had my gold 5S unlocked with a otterbox case and a spec kickstand case for 450$. The guy looks over it pops in his sim card and says he can't get lte. I'm not stupid, Obviously he couldn't he was using a go smart sim and they run off tmobile 3g. I tell the guy it's just his service and show him it has LTE with my At&t sim. The guy looks over the phone one last time and offers me 400$. Needless to say I was already tired of dealing with the other craigslist scammers and low ballers so I just went ahead and sold it to him.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Sold my phone today for $380. It was lower then I wanted but I'm satisfied. Sold through Craigslist. Went through a lot of scammers before I found a buyer. Now I will be able to upgrade to the 64gb iPhone 6 no problem. I'm happy.

maxtweet

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 5S 64GB factory unlocked for $600 (cad) on Sept 1, 2014. Have been using my iPhone 3GS using 5.1.1 until Sept 19, 2014 8-9am ??

Xo.pink.xo

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to sell my GOLD 32gb unlocked verizon iPhone 5s. With otter boxes, lifeproofs and speck cases and 2 mophies for $600!! It has a zagg glass on it and excellent condition!

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Did you really knock his coffee over?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Here in Houston I will be putting it on Craigslist as soon as I get my phone. iPhone 5, black, mint condition with the boxes and a black Apple leather case. 64 gig, factory unlocked. I plan to get at least $260 for it, most likely get 3.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple offered $310 for my 5S 16GB Space Gray on Verizon for an iTunes gift card (locked for 14 days), VZW $300 VZW gift card that I can use to pay my service (locked for 30 days), and Gazelle offered $300 via check (locked till 10/10). I think I will just go with one of them and avoid the hassles you all have had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit