I wouldn't take much less for it. Give it a couple more days. I had similar problems on Craigslist with people telling me a couple days ago that a new iPhone was coming out--I was well aware.
    I priced it so I won't have to deal with the whole haggling BS. It's always worked out and people have jumped on my sales. I know that it's only a day after the announcement and there are idiots who think people are desperate to offload their iPhones. I am not one of them. I guess what's most annoying is I politely said in the ad to not waste either one of our time by telling me about the iPhone 6 and how you think that it's worth X amount of dollars. Yet I still get idiots.

Funny thought I just got 2 emails from potential buyers who want to pay me my asking since posting the above. I am feeling a bit under the weather so I am too tired to meet tonight but maybe tomorrow. Looks like I will have to find a junker phone.
    tyler_barnhardt likes this.
    09-10-2014 09:57 PM
    I currently have my 16gig gold iPhone (carrier locked) for $400 on craigslist. It's priced higher cause it has AppleCare plus. Unfortunately I keep getting people offering me low ballers. Hell one person offered me 325 I think it was. I've thought about using Swappa since I hear good reviews about it compared to eBay and Gazelle. Hopefully I'll get some meaningful buyers interested.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-11-2014 01:10 PM
    Craig's list is joke, I have my 16gb iPhone Verizon locked on there for make a offer realistically I would take anything over 350$ the highest offer I had was 200$ I think ill low for in new condition iPhone 5s
    09-11-2014 08:44 PM
    Today I responded to a CL ad from a guy who said he wanted to buy my iPhone. I decided to meet him halfway but before doing so I told him that I would NOT take less than my asking and to not waste my time if that was his intentions. He said as long as it was in the condition it was advertised as (brand new, which is IS) that he would pay. Met up at a Starbucks and he looked over the phone, was happy with it and then without F*#$ing fail said "How about 320.00?" I lost my s*$t and knocked over his coffee and walked out.

I dont mean this is in an offensive manner but the ONLY guys to do this to me over the years on CL have been Asian. What. The. Hell.
    09-11-2014 11:20 PM
    Today I responded to a CL ad from a guy who said he wanted to buy my iPhone. I decided to meet him halfway but before doing so I told him that I would NOT take less than my asking and to not waste my time if that was his intentions. He said as long as it was in the condition it was advertised as (brand new, which is IS) that he would pay. Met up at a Starbucks and he looked over the phone, was happy with it and then without F*#$ing fail said "How about 320.00?" I lost my s*$t and knocked over his coffee and walked out.

I dont mean this is in an offensive manner but the ONLY guys to do this to me over the years on CL have been Asian. What. The. Hell.
    Almost the same thing happened to me when I sold my 5S man. I met this Asian guy at a nail shop he worked at. I had my gold 5S unlocked with a otterbox case and a spec kickstand case for 450$. The guy looks over it pops in his sim card and says he can't get lte. I'm not stupid, Obviously he couldn't he was using a go smart sim and they run off tmobile 3g. I tell the guy it's just his service and show him it has LTE with my At&t sim. The guy looks over the phone one last time and offers me 400$. Needless to say I was already tired of dealing with the other craigslist scammers and low ballers so I just went ahead and sold it to him.
    09-12-2014 12:13 AM
    Sold my phone today for $380. It was lower then I wanted but I'm satisfied. Sold through Craigslist. Went through a lot of scammers before I found a buyer. Now I will be able to upgrade to the 64gb iPhone 6 no problem. I'm happy.
    09-12-2014 12:22 AM
    Sold my 5S 64GB factory unlocked for $600 (cad) on Sept 1, 2014. Have been using my iPhone 3GS using 5.1.1 until Sept 19, 2014 8-9am ??
    09-13-2014 07:45 PM
    I'm trying to sell my GOLD 32gb unlocked verizon iPhone 5s. With otter boxes, lifeproofs and speck cases and 2 mophies for $600!! It has a zagg glass on it and excellent condition!
    09-13-2014 07:56 PM

Did you really knock his coffee over?
    09-13-2014 08:05 PM
    Here in Houston I will be putting it on Craigslist as soon as I get my phone. iPhone 5, black, mint condition with the boxes and a black Apple leather case. 64 gig, factory unlocked. I plan to get at least $260 for it, most likely get 3.
    09-13-2014 08:08 PM
    Apple offered $310 for my 5S 16GB Space Gray on Verizon for an iTunes gift card (locked for 14 days), VZW $300 VZW gift card that I can use to pay my service (locked for 30 days), and Gazelle offered $300 via check (locked till 10/10). I think I will just go with one of them and avoid the hassles you all have had.
    tyler_barnhardt likes this.
    09-14-2014 12:57 AM
    Apple offered $310 for my 5S 16GB Space Gray on Verizon for an iTunes gift card (locked for 14 days), VZW $300 VZW gift card that I can use to pay my service (locked for 30 days), and Gazelle offered $300 via check (locked till 10/10). I think I will just go with one of them and avoid the hassles you all have had.

I think Verizon's 300$ trade in thing is if u sign a new contract I thought I read something about that in small print. My question for anyone is can u sign ur contract someone else and let them get iPhone six and pay the bill so it's like the contract is in there name but like I'm using it / paying for it ? If that makes any sense
    09-14-2014 11:13 AM
    Did you really knock his coffee over?
    Yes I did. I was pissed. He was real smug about it too like he thought I was desperate and would give in even knowing that we discussed that I would not take any less. Not my finest moment.
    09-14-2014 11:13 AM
    I think Verizon's 300$ trade in thing is if u sign a new contract I thought I read something about that in small print. My question for anyone is can u sign ur contract someone else and let them get iPhone six and pay the bill so it's like the contract is in there name but like I'm using it / paying for it ? If that makes any sense
    My offered requires no new contract. It is a simple trade-in offer and their trade-in site without a promo attached.

But I applied and accepted the offer before the announcement of the new iPhones, so that pricing may not be available anymore without a promotion. I think the current promotion requires purchase of a new iPhone 6 or 6+.
    09-14-2014 11:42 AM
    I haven't listed mine yet, but I have a 5S practically brand new (has been kept in a life proof case since day 1) so no scratches or anything on it. Have a couple extra cases I am going to throw in with it. It is 64gb so hoping I can get $500 or so for it. I already have the iPhone 6 paid for, so whatever I make from the 5S will go into my 6S/7 fund lol
    09-14-2014 11:45 AM
    Sold my iphone 5 32gb unlocked for $335 on ebay, Gazelle offered 190... RIP OFF ALERT
    I'll ship it tomorrow ..
    09-15-2014 12:15 AM
    I sold my iPhone 5 a few months ago on Swappa.com (Way better than eBay and cheaper seller fees) for around $270-$300 i think.. it was only a 16GB so i think i made some sort of profit off it.

But like another user said i don't see how you guys are selling your phones for $500 right now. These ppl buying it must not know the new one is right around the corner for another hundred dollars they can have a iPhone 6.
    09-15-2014 01:59 AM
    What something is worth... and what people will pay are two different things.
    They call it market value for a reason: in real estate, in resale - what people will pay is what its worth.
    09-15-2014 06:02 AM
    I bought my current sprint iPhone 5s 16 gb gold for 250 on Craigslist a couple of months ago. It's in perfect condition, great price.

Sprint is offering 351 for it, and at least 200 for an iPhone 4. Check them out if you have sprint
    09-15-2014 08:40 AM
    No offense to anyone but I think some of y'all are asking WAY to much for used iPhone 5s. Even if they are in excellent condition, $430-700 ( even with cases, headphones etc) is rip off. Who in their right mind would pay that much for an iphone 5 or 5S when they could just use that money to buy an iPhone 6 or 6+?

If I am not mistaken, you can get iphone 5S next to nothing now with carrier contract renewals etc.
    09-15-2014 09:10 AM
    I've always stuck with Ebay and again I will go that route. My iPhone sold for $500, 4S also sold for the same price, Ebay does take a 10% fee and PayPal has a charge for there services but even after the fees you still walk out with more than what Gazelle and any other carrier is offering.
    09-15-2014 09:15 AM
    No offense to anyone but I think some of y'all are asking WAY to much for used iPhone 5s. Even if they are in excellent condition, $430-700 ( even with cases, headphones etc) is rip off. Who in their right mind would pay that much for an iphone 5 or 5S when they could just use that money to buy an iPhone 6 or 6+?

If I am not mistaken, you can get iphone 5S next to nothing now with carrier contract renewals etc.
    I would never pay that for a used, older model phone. But as long as others are willing, there is a market for it. A fool and his/her money are soon parted!
    Pete Sake likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:19 AM
    Craig's list is joke, I have my 16gb iPhone Verizon locked on there for make a offer realistically I would take anything over 350$ the highest offer I had was 200$ I think ill low for in new condition iPhone 5s
    I HATE CraigsList. Every single time I put anything on there I receive an email from a person that wanting to offer me 200% more for my item and that they need my PayPal address and for me to ship the phone for there kid that's going to school abroad LOL.
    09-15-2014 11:42 AM
    Yes I already sold my 5S but will still be using it until i get my 6 this friday
    09-15-2014 12:13 PM

If someone is willing to pay then it isn't asking too much.

I think the point is that some people don't want a contract or that these phones are likely making there way overseas.

32gb iPhone 5s (no more 64gb) new is $600 without a contract through apple. So if you can get a used one for less then yes your saving money.

Every time I've sold one of my iphones the person who has bought it usually is buying tons of iphones so I'm assuming they must be getting a ton in whatever foreign country my phone is getting sent to.
    09-15-2014 12:18 PM
87 1234