I know we don't know the ins-and-out that is until Sep. 9th but, if the Camera Ring is in fact protruding from the final design what does this mean?

Is the camera ring a accessory feature possibly such as an attachable lens'? Image Stabilization? Wider Lens'? or is this Apple once again trying to make the thinnest phone on the market and this is the out come (camera ring) of doing do?
    08-25-2014 09:48 AM
    It doesn't mean anything to me nor will it bother me.
    Squeeze Play and SpasticPat like this.
    08-25-2014 09:54 AM
    Again the rumored photos making there way around the net are not from Apple so we have no concrete way of knowing the finished product until the Apple event on the 9th
    Pete Sake, SpasticPat and boovish like this.
    08-25-2014 09:59 AM
    It doesn't mean anything. Let's forget the rumors, we'll know soon.
    08-25-2014 10:17 AM
    I know its all speculation right now, I stated that above, but if leaked photos are true to finished product does that hurt the iPhone 6 if the protruding camera only cosmetic and doesn't serve a purpose?

For me I do tons of photography with my iPhone so a detachable lens from a Non-third-party vendor would fantastic. The camera ring wont stop me from purchasing the 6 but it would confuse me to as why it would be done in the first place. I think the 5s is thin enough.

10 out of 10 times the people I speak to want a better camera, better battery life, bigger screen. I've never heard anyone say " I wish it was thinner".
    08-25-2014 11:17 AM
    It makes sense if the thinner iPhone 6 leaks are true. Its difficult to shrink down a camera sensor. Regardless, it won't affect sales. I'm still upgrading either way.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Pete Sake and SpasticPat like this.
    08-25-2014 12:04 PM
    If the leaks are true then I find it silly. They could of just added a few mm and make the camera flush with the design.
    08-25-2014 04:57 PM
    Honestly the protruding camera doesn't bother me. I will use a case, so the ring won't effect how the phone sits on a table or anything.
    SpasticPat likes this.
    08-25-2014 06:48 PM
    Maybe Apple will come out with a series of covers to offset the camera protrusion. Cash in on those who think it is a unsound design choice.
    08-25-2014 09:46 PM
    I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I love how the 5/5S rests on a table, it's incredibly elegant and just so even. I actually think that the slightest bump will annoy me big time, I know how ridiculous this sounds but that tiny detail will make it look like any other smartphone when sitting somewhere. I will either have to get a case that evens this out or just go with the 5S until they have maybe found a way to shrink the lense too (on the 6S?).
    08-26-2014 02:05 AM
    More than that I am bothered about the ram upgrade and features. Design I am sure Apple will do its best and it will be elegant.
    08-26-2014 02:45 AM
    If the iPhone 6 looks like the leaks, with the strange plastic lining for antenna, the protruding camera, I would find it very ugly. I sincerely hope the leaks are off base somewhat.
    08-26-2014 11:26 AM
    *IF* that is the final design then I would want to know the reason behind it. That said, it doesn't matter to me. It would only matter if it impedes the correct functionality of the camera.
    As far as aesthetics, my device will go from the box to a case. So it's irrelevant.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    08-26-2014 12:48 PM
    *IF* that is the final design then I would want to know the reason behind it. That said, it doesn't matter to me. It would only matter if it impedes the correct functionality of the camera.
    As far as aesthetics, my device will go from the box to a case. So it's irrelevant.
    Same for me. I pull it out of the box and slap it into a case. But, I still want it to look aesthetically pleasing when I do pull it out or if I decided to go case-less
    08-27-2014 12:46 AM
    Same for me. I pull it out of the box and slap it into a case. But, I still want it to look aesthetically pleasing when I do pull it out or if I decided to go case-less
    Oh baby my lesson learned on my sexy red SGIII....I took it out of its case because I loved the red colour and I dropped it!!!! Screen has HUGE cracks all over it. I'd cry if that happened to my iPhone!!!!! I've never used my iPhone without a case.

So because I always use a case the camera ring, if it protrudes, is not at all am issue for me.
    08-27-2014 07:40 AM
    I hate the camera ring! I REALLY hope that isn't part of the final design.
    09-01-2014 08:25 AM
    I know we don't know the ins-and-out that is until Sep. 9th but, if the Camera Ring is in fact protruding from the final design what does this mean?

Is the camera ring a accessory feature possibly such as an attachable lens'? Image Stabilization? Wider Lens'? or is this Apple once again trying to make the thinnest phone on the market and this is the out come (camera ring) of doing do?
    I put my phone in a case so wouldn't bother me too much. Now that being said, it would annoy me probably for the first day or so without a case when setting it down.
    09-01-2014 12:00 PM