Which of these iPhone 6 designs will Apple unveil on September 9th?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Now, thanks to a bunch of leaked parts, we have a pretty good idea of what the iPhone 6 will look like. The big question we have is what about those antenna panes on the rear shells?
Based on leaked parts and other info, there seems to be two possible design possibilities.
iPhone conceptualist Martin Hajek has once again done his magical rendering, comparing both possibilities. I like the glass antenna panes look much better. But I don't like either of the gold/white colors. Space Gray or gold/black would be nice. What do you think Apple will go with? The one on the
Right?
Left?
or
Neither?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408851625.154968.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408851637.721342.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
At this point I don't care either way. To me, if the next iPhone looks like either of these, I am slightly disappointed and consider it a step backwards in design. Losing the hard lines, polished edges, sharp contrasts etc for this rounded unicolor look just seems to cheapen the overall design. I think the 5/5S devices are the most elegant and refined devices on the market. Not purposely being negative or looking to start a debate, these are just my feelings. If I am looking at the end product in either of these renders, I will be inclined to use a case more than ever.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
At this point I don't care either way. To me, if the next iPhone looks like either of these, I am slightly disappointed and consider it a step backwards in design. Losing the hard lines, polished edges, sharp contrasts etc for this rounded unicolor look just seems to cheapen the overall design. I think the 5/5S devices are the most elegant and refined devices on the market. Not purposely being negative or looking to start a debate, these are just my feelings. If I am looking at the end product in either of these renders, I will be inclined to use a case more than ever.

I totally agree with you. If the iPhone 6 looks like any of these, I shall get an opaque case, rather than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear I was going to get. I just do not like any of these renders and still hold out hope that the finished article will look better than the pics above. Although, the first render in the second picture is less ugly than the others. Just my opinion, of course.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you both. I don't like the rounded edges at all. Give me the polished edges on the 5S. That's a sharp and professional looking device.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Neither. I think it's the ugliest designed phone since the Nokia Lumia 925. It just looks like a flattened and rolled iPhone 5s. If this is indeed the next iPhone, It would seem Jony just called this one in, pretty lazy design.

If this is indeed the next iPhone. Apple has gone from paving the way with the 5s to a me too, big screen design. Not impressed.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I don?t like these designs either. But I am saving judgment until I see them in person. I hated the iPhone 5 when I saw it in leaks, with the two tone back, but now I think my current iPhone 5 is a very nice looking phone.

That said, my iPhone 5 works so well I am not sure I need to rush to upgrade. I must be getting old. Let?s see what happens on the 9th.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Both these designs are mad ugly. The white strips look like someone just slapped a sticker on it.

I'll definitely be putting on a case if these are the final designs.

Sent from my Death Note powered by iOS

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
These are fugly and definitely not the final product. I just spoke to Tim Cook and he assures me that the finished product will please 98% of iPhone users.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
These are fugly and definitely not the final product. I just spoke to Tim Cook and he assures me that the finished product will please 98% of iPhone users.

Squeeze,

How is Tim? Tell him that no matter what most will not be happy. I am thinking shape from the pictures will be the shape of the iPhone 6. Other than that we will find out soon. I was hoping for some white walls and flares.

A.B

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Squeeze,

How is Tim? Tell him that no matter what most will not be happy. I am thinking shape from the pictures will be the shape of the iPhone 6. Other than that we will find out soon. I was hoping for some white walls and flares.

A.B

I'll let him know when he gets back from Taco Bell.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As posted by others, both the designs are not at all appealing. I *hope* they don't come with something of this sort else, I might switch to 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2